From the Back Cover
Offering a process-oriented approach to human-computer interaction, this updated resource is an ideal starting point for learning the interdisciplinary skills needed for interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and ubiquitous computing. The team of authors brings their vast expertise to the pages as they go beyond simply showing you the principles that apply to interaction design, but also explaining how these principles can be applied.
- Boasts completely updated content on interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design, and more
- Includes coverage on the latest technologies and devices such as social networking, Web 2.0, and mobile devices
- Develops and updates all featured case studies, examples, and questions to illustrate technical, social, and ethical issues you may face
- Explains the various principles of interaction design and how to apply them
- Places special emphasis on how to design interactive products that enhance and extend the way people communicate, interact, and work
Featuring a full-color design throughout, this new edition is commendably adaptable for both computer science and non-computer science users.