5.0 out of 5 stars The Pursuit of God - made easier to know and practice.
Published on April 1, 2011 by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Complex Read
I ordered this book due to the description on amazon. It sounded like a great read. But when i got the book, i found many of the chapters very hard to read. All of the chapters had their fair share of overly used big words and some of the paragraphs had absolutly nothing to do with nothing. Every now and then a sentence would jump out at you with basic understanding of...
Published 9 months ago by Toni

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pursuit of God - made easier to know and practice., April 1, 2011
Mike (Levittown, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer (Special Kindle Enabled Edition with Interactive Table of Contents and Built in Text to Speech Features) (Illustrated) ... | The Writings of Aiden Wilson Tozer of) (Kindle Edition)
Didn't realize that when they called this book a classic they really meant it. Many ideas and also clear direction to a more full walk with God (which, I think, is what we all really want). For the believer, God's "distance" is never the issue. It is only that we are to tune in to Him and the reassurance of His already immediate presence is known and felt by us. The idea of God's Throne in one's life (and there is room only for One on the throne at any time) is simplified. Yes, we want to walk with God. But remember it is He who reaches out to us before we can know Him in the first place. No wonder this book is so highly regarded.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIFE CHANGING!, June 16, 2011
For years I listened to my Pastor & other theologians quote things from this book. Everything I ever heard from this man I wrote down because it was profound & usually very convicting to my heart & it drove me to the Word of God for further study...that is a good thing. So I finally decided to read this book for myself. It was the best decision I ever made for myself. I recommend this book to every Christian..it will transform your life if you listen to the Still Small Voice deep inside your heart. Blessings to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from a Tozer fan..., July 16, 2011
Tozer's books to me are more like reference material than just simply a book...you always want to keep them handy to review as your life's seasons change. This is because his writings seem timeless...his words always seem to apply to the season you are in. This book is no different. I only wish there were more in the church today like Tozer. He does not mince words. He is focused on the Lord Jesus Christ and he does not let anything take his focus off of Him. It is very refreshing to hear truth, clear, unvarnished, convicting and as applicable today as it was in Tozer's time. In fact, much of what Tozer writes about - the church, seekers, church programs, etc. - is even more active today than it was in his time. If you truly want to know Father better...if you want to see Jesus more clearly and understand better what he spoke out while here - read A.W. Tozer. But if your religeous doctrine means more to you than truth; if your religeous spirit is stronger than your desire to seek a personal relationship with Father and His Son, then wait until your spirit is right and ready for truth. A.W. Tozer had a passion for the Lord that needs to be renewed in today's church. I want to know and have that passion in my life. If you do, too, this is a book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A. W. Tozer is a godly man with amazing communicative skills, September 5, 2011
Mr. Tozer shows how to get very personal with God. He knows Him well and is extremely good at passing on his experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Christian should read this book., December 14, 2011
I believe this should be required reading after you become saved. Truth be told, it could change the minds of the unsaved. I did not want this book to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing book, September 15, 2011
Only thing I can say is this is a life changing book! Easy to read, not too long, and full of typical Tozer gems.

5.0 out of 5 stars All time Classic, January 15, 2012
A.W, Tozer speaks to todays issues as well as when I read it 20 years ago. I recently added it to my kindle. It is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 17, 2014
Jack Moore (Massachussetts) - See all my reviews
Timeless message that gets even more relevant as the world around us pursues itself. We must turn from our wicked ways and return to HIM who is able to save us from our sins. Draw near to HIM and HE will draw near to you.
Thank you A.W.T.

4.0 out of 5 stars The pursuit of God, March 18, 2012
An excellent book. We used this for a Sunday School Class. It made a great study topic. The language is written in a very high intellectual level and occasionally requires a re-read to understand what he is saying but as you get used to his writing style it becomes easier to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Own Classic!, March 7, 2012
If you are serious about Christian discipleship then this book is not an option, you need to own it. A.W. Tozer's writings stand out like a Sequoia in a forest of scrub pines and underbrush compared to many contemporary Christian works. His understanding of God's Word and his personal devotion and humility of spirit come through on every page. In these times of confused Christian teaching and powerless living, this book will encourage you, not condemn. It will challenge you to aim at an almost forgotten level of Christian life, victory, and closeness to God. If you feel the coals of your spiritual zeal are cooling, or maybe have never been lit, this book, read on your knees in a prayerful spirit, will breath fresh power and life back into your walk.

With this particular edition you apparently must own a Kindle for the Text to Speech feature to work, it doesn't work for the Kindle App on Android. But still, it is a blessing to have this eminent work so convenient to refer to and read when I am not at home with a hard copy.