Questions & Answers
Intermatic WH21 Electric Water Heater Timer
by Intermatic
3.9 out of 5 stars (129)
$43.92
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 questions
vote
Your question is unclear. But maybe this will help: When the red light is on, the 240volt current is active and may be flowing if the thermosat in the hot water heater is calling for it; when it's not on, it's there is current to the heating element in the water heater. If you have an instant-heat hot water set-up, you wasted your money on this timer -- it's for those who have hot water sitting in a tank and who want to draw current only parts of the day, say when electricity is cheaper (for those with time of day metering) or as a back-up to solar hot water on cloudy days. I've also used this device inside a spa back when I lived in Maryland where, at that time, electricity was lots, lots cheaper at night than during the day and evening hours.
Dec 28, 2013 by Golfcrackerjack
votes
It means that the timer has shut off the power to the water heater
Dec 17, 2014 by mark p
votes
?????????? black wire to black wire green to green ,,,, white wire to whitewire, ground wire should rear that the way mine was
Jan 6, 2015 by peterpiper
votes
Not 100% sure, but from my experience this is just a 24 hour timer-not programmable the way you require- I recommend a different one for that function.
Jan 7, 2014 by Kim L. Sperling
votes
No
Nov 17, 2014 by mark p
votes
Yes it is
Sep 8, 2013 by bigt518
votes
Allows you to determine how long the heater is on, saving some electricity when its off.
Aug 14, 2013 by Jim
votes
If your water heater plugs into an outlet, a regular timer will work fine. Most water heaters, however, are 220 volt lines on a dedicated circuit, thus you need something more like the WH21. Here's a good reference for you: http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/waterheatertimer.html
May 1, 2010 by R. Basile
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Search Questions and Answers