The bestselling book on intermediate accounting, Kieso is an excellent reference for practicing accountants and an invaluable resource for anyone entering the field. It integrates FARS/Codification exercises, cases, and simulations into the chapters. This introduces readers to the codification project. They’ll learn how to leverage everyday accounting programs like Excel, GLS, and other computerized accounting software giving them a strong background in the tools needed in the accounting profession. New and existing content is arranged in a way to offer accountants a chance to review key concepts.
New to This Edition:
· NEW IFRS content: Intermediate Accounting, 13e, includes, in 20 of the 24 chapters, a “Convergence Corner” feature that demonstrates to readers how international financial reporting standards apply to the main topics of the chapter.
* Updated Appendix 24B provides a complete discussion of the international accounting and reporting environment, with the latest convergence developments.
* Quick-hitting International Insights in the margins compare or contrast international standards with a point under discussion in the nearby text.
* New end-of-chapter Questions in each chapter focus on international standards introduced in the chapter. These questions are marked with an icon for easy reference.
* International Reporting Cases ask readers to analyze financial statements of international companies and apply analysis with the application of international standards.
· Updated Fair Value discussions: Fair value has been expanded at both the introductory level in Chapter 2 and in subsequent chapters where appropriate. The more thorough discussion in Chapter 2 lays the groundwork for expanded discussions in later chapters. The result is a solid understanding of fair value in the accounting profession today.
· FASB Codification: This edition integrates the new FASB Codification throughout. References to the accounting pronouncements replaced by a numbering system in each chapter linked to the new Codification. A list of Codification references at the end of each chapter links the bracketed numbers from the text to the Codification; this list also includes a reference to the preceding literature, for easing the transition to the new system. In addition, a handful of quick exercises in each chapter give readers opportunities for practice and simple research in the Codification.
· Revised End-of-Chapter Material: Names, numbers, and dates in all end-of-chapter materials, including brief exercises and problems, have been changed.
· Expanded CPA-prep Professional Simulations: Now be offering a complete online Wiley CPA prep course electronically.
· Updated real-world focus: This edition contains many new chapter-opening stories and “What Do the Numbers Mean?” boxes. Such applications join theory and practice, and demonstrate to readers the use of accounting in today’s business world.