New to This Edition:
· NEW IFRS content: Intermediate Accounting, 13e, includes, in 20 of the 24 chapters, a “Convergence Corner” feature that demonstrates to readers how international financial reporting standards apply to the main topics of the chapter.
* Updated Appendix 24B provides a complete discussion of the international accounting and reporting environment, with the latest convergence developments.
* Quick-hitting International Insights in the margins compare or contrast international standards with a point under discussion in the nearby text.
* New end-of-chapter Questions in each chapter focus on international standards introduced in the chapter. These questions are marked with an icon for easy reference.
* International Reporting Cases ask readers to analyze financial statements of international companies and apply analysis with the application of international standards.
· Updated Fair Value discussions: Fair value has been expanded at both the introductory level in Chapter 2 and in subsequent chapters where appropriate. The more thorough discussion in Chapter 2 lays the groundwork for expanded discussions in later chapters. The result is a solid understanding of fair value in the accounting profession today.
· FASB Codification: This edition integrates the new FASB Codification throughout. References to the accounting pronouncements replaced by a numbering system in each chapter linked to the new Codification. A list of Codification references at the end of each chapter links the bracketed numbers from the text to the Codification; this list also includes a reference to the preceding literature, for easing the transition to the new system. In addition, a handful of quick exercises in each chapter give readers opportunities for practice and simple research in the Codification.
· Revised End-of-Chapter Material: Names, numbers, and dates in all end-of-chapter materials, including brief exercises and problems, have been changed.
· Expanded CPA-prep Professional Simulations: Now be offering a complete online Wiley CPA prep course electronically.
· Updated real-world focus: This edition contains many new chapter-opening stories and “What Do the Numbers Mean?” boxes. Such applications join theory and practice, and demonstrate to readers the use of accounting in today’s business world.