4.0 out of 5 stars Petty darn cheaply made, but the most compact I could find.
Published on November 29, 2011 by Joshua Driggs

3.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, but seems glued in
It works but the inner screw seems not aligned. The bulb after fitting in seems tilted. Also has less thread, so do not completely accommodate the Candelabra base.
Published 22 months ago by LC

4.0 out of 5 stars Petty darn cheaply made, but the most compact I could find., November 29, 2011
I wanted to use a LED light bulb to replace the nightlight inside my over-the-oven microwave. I went to the store and bought the most compact LED I could find that still has a screw in base. I didn't realize the microwave needed a "intermediate" size. I couldn't find any well priced LED lights with this size socket. I found this adapter online, and for less then $2 you can't argue with the results.

The actual product looks like they simply soldered two base's together. One inside the other. I hope the joint will hold up over time. The adapter did work and so far has been fine for months, so I expect that it will be fine for years to come. I would just be cautious about over-tightening it while installing it.

4.0 out of 5 stars intermediate to candelabra socket reducer, January 16, 2010
R. Reed (Conroe, TX USA) - See all my reviews
Our daughter's ceiling fan is equipped with light bulbs with an intermediate size base. This is fine and it works well, but the local Home Depot and Lowe's stores have all switched to fans with candelabra base bulbs and no longer sell the intermediate base bulbs. I ordered the Intermediate to Candelabra socket reducers from Amazon (supplied by Light bulbs Etc, Inc) a little dubious about whether or not they would work. However, they work like a charm. A little pricey, but functional. A lot cheaper than a new ceiling fan to fit available bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, June 16, 2011
Work as advertised. Just don't forget to unscrew them from the base of the burnt out bulb when you replace it. Othewise, you will be buying them again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap reducer, August 15, 2010
John Klatt (Round Rock, TX United States) - See all my reviews
If you bought one of those hampton bay fans from Home Depot you're gonna need these. Good luck getting anything but garbage bulbs for it at whatever random size it is they put in there.

These screw right in and do the job. Couldn't really ask for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer
Finding Intermediate bulbs is not easy and they are not cheap. Using this reducer allows me to use standard candelabra bulbs which are easy to find.

An added benefit is that it also allows me to use either CFL or LED lights now. Since this bulb is used in a Refrigerator, using a CFL is not the best idea due to length of time to reach full brightness. However, I just tried one of the new LED 40W equivalent bulbs and it works great!!!

I would recommend this product if you have a fixture that uses intermediate base bulbs and would like to change to more readily available candelabra based bulbs.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED bulb for microwave (with modifications), August 18, 2014
This review is from: Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer
Perfect! Finally, I can stop changing out my microwave bulbs! You would think with the law changing making incandescent bulbs a thing of the past that SOMEONE would make LED bulbs with an intermediate base (to fit microwaves) but no way. So, I ordered this part, bought a $15 LED candelabra bulb and voila! Now, I had to make a modification so the bulb would fit...a cut of sheet metal here, extra screw there and then it was done. With a 20,000 hour bulb, I hope to make a $5 bulb change every three months a thing of the past. If you cannot do this fix, I am sure an average handy man can do this for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer, June 24, 2011
When the Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer came in the mail it appeared that someone had steped on the package or placed something heavy on it. The result was a bent socket. I contacted Econotone Inc. by e-mail and they immediately sent out a replacement. The socket worked great and & was very pleased by Econotone Inc. customer support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super handy adapter, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer
It's a socket adapter and it works great! What else is there to say? Other than, I will never buy another Hampton Bay product again. They screwed people over with their intermediate light bulb fixtures. So, screw them back. They should have given adapters like these to every sucker who bought one of their light fixtures.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I won't get fooled again". -GWBush

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it is supposed to do, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer
This item works as advertised. Be careful, however, since this base can get stuck in the intermediate socket when the candelabra bulb that it holds is unscrewed. When this happened, I was able to unscrew the converter socket by shutting off the power to the fixture and then applying tape to the inside of the socket to have something to hold onto for the removal.

5.0 out of 5 stars got the job done, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer
I Used it to put an led bulb in for microwaves night light, no problems worked liked was supposed to.

Intermediate to Candelabra Socket Reducer