5 out of 5 stars
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:$5.98 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on November 21, 2007
Format: Audio CD
Emerging from the musically fruitful location of Albany, Oregon, A Dream Too Late is ready to make their grand entrance into the music industry with the release of their debut, Intermission To The Moon. Having toured with well-known counterparts such as Falling Up, and fellow newcomers like The Send, and Ruth, they have already received extensive exposure. Only time will tell if their music can measure up to the standards and musical tastes of the masses abroad.

The sounds of electronic synths and acoustic strums fill the atmosphere as "14th And Knott" opens up the album, providing the listener with a complex yet simplistic message about the roads of life. "Do You Believe (In Ghosts)?" is pretty self-explanatory lyrically, and with electric riffs and heart-pounding drums, this one is sure to become a fan favorite. "Intermission To The Moon" reveals the one true fact about life: we have only one chance and one shot, so let's make it count. "Trendsetter" illustrates that there is more to life than popularity or the latest trends and upgrades, while promoting another positive message with added creativity and flare musically and vocally.

"The Life" relates to the art of the personal surrendering of our lives, incorporating elements of spirituality to the record. "City Parks" fuses harmonizing vocals with pulsating tempo, fabricating yet another favorite tune. The mellow rock ballad "Be Honest" is very direct in its approach, depicting the importance of honesty and integrity within a person's character.

"Can I Start New?" exemplifies the longing we have as Christians to start over with a clean slate, granting the listener the decision on how they decipher the situation. "Daylight" describes the omnipresence of God and how we can see Him in everything ("I am one, You are all around, everywhere"). "Airsick" intertwines ambient vocals with a solid, clear-cut rhythm, portraying the fact that we cannot accomplish anything by ourselves. "A Night Polaris" expresses the urge to escape and get away for awhile, delivering a finishing touch to the release.

It's very hard to find a Tooth and Nail band with the capability of great sound quality with spiritual messages bound throughout the entire record. A Dream Too Late has proven that one can have both, creating an album that's one-of-a-kind. This record is proof that A Dream Too Late has musical, lyrical, and vocal qualities that are beyond compare. To not listen to Intermission To The Moon is like not accrediting A Dream Too Late for the abilities that God has given them. There is no doubt in my mind: this is definitely an appealing debut from a promising new act.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
by A Dream Too Late and their debut album "Intermission to the Moon". It only took one listen of this cd to know that i've become a fan of them and their music. While their style may seem reminiscent of Falling Up..its only because Jesse Ribordy wrote some of the songs and plays keys a few of the tracks. Aside from that though the comparisons end right there. It is almost like each track was meant to flow right into the next with haunting vocals both lead and background, excellent playing of keys, guitars and all other instruments by the band members.

This 4 man group is well on its way to making a huge name for themselves and carving their own niche in the music industry. I'm excited to see how this one fairs and future releases as well. It's a great thing for them they've already gotten the name out there through touring with various other bands. Now its time for "Intermission To The Moon" to take off and soar like i believe it can. No bones about it, this is one release that you really should NOT miss or dismiss by any means.

Fav tracks:
14th & Knott
Be Honest
City Park
Do You Believe? (In Ghosts)
Intermission to the Moon
Trendsetter
Airsick
Can I Start A New
on March 25, 2009
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
I had heard only one song by ADTL, being the title track "Intermission To The Moon." I absolutely loved it, and I decided to buy this album to see if it had a couple other good songs to offer. This is lighter music than I normally listen to, and I can't think of a better way to describe it than Astro-Pop, derived both from the lyrics and the music. Take a listen and you may see what I mean.

As I said, I had expected to find a couple other good songs, but I found eight very very good songs. I 100% agree with the last reviewer in what he labeled as his favorite songs - all eight of those are VERY good and each of those make this album worth the buy. The only three I found less than amazing were The Life, Daylight, and A Night Polaris, and these are by no means bad songs.

I'm not very good at reviewing music, but I always try to post my experience with lesser-known albums/bands that don't get enough attention so that someone on the edge about buying the album might be convinced to do so. Well, do so! This really is a great album just chock-full of hooks that are unforgettable and will have you singing along on your second listen through, even if you don't know the words. Super catchy, great songwriting, and meaningful lyrics, what's not to love?

Get it!
on June 23, 2009
Format: Audio CDVerified Purchase
I love Falling Up, and decided to check these guys out when I read that Falling Up's lead singer, Jessy Ribordy had written some of the songs and played keys for some. I was not dissapointed. This was an awesome debut. I love the Falling Up-esque experimental style of the music. There wasnt a song I didnt like. Especially if you like Falling Up, and if you are a Christian rock or alternative rock fan in general you will not be dissapointed by a dream too late.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations