Intermittent internet connection It's been dring me nuts for the last month. Our ISP is roadrunner. We had a netgear router. Then all of a sudden, our internet connection had become on and off. Every time we had to unplug the router, then the modem, and replug them back in. And the problem would be fixed typically. Then one day, this solution stopped working. So we called time warner, they came over, checked, and said everything was fine. It should be the router's problem. So we bought a brandnew router (Linksys -Cisco WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router). Then it worked without disconnection for a few days. Then the intermittent internet problem started again! So I called Linksys, and after several testings, they told me it was the ISP or my computers' problem!

I've been searching, asking, and trying to find a fix for a couple of weeks by now. Could anbody help me out? I'd really really appreciate your help!
asked by Little Mouse on August 1, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
vote
Dear Little mouse - I have the exact same problem and it started around 01-AUG-2008 as well. TimeWarner has been out numerous times, they've replaced cables and taps, but the problem still persists. Has anyone been able to offer any meaningful help?
Rob Springer answered on September 13, 2008

A
vote
Everyone who is having problems. This little beauty is an amazing router, if you know what to do. There is a simple instruction to turn this router into a $300 router, if you head over to www.DD-RWT.com. It takes just about 15 minutes, and will make this router better than any router in the market right now.
Tommy Z answered on May 30, 2014

A
votes
TimeWarner finally acknowledged it was THEIR fault. There's a device servicing more than 150 cable modems in my area that was faulty. Keep calling TWC. Keep making them come out to your house. They get's their attention. It costs them $$$ everytime they send one of their own guys on a wild goose chase. Good luck - and here's hoping competition breaks the monopoly.
Rob Springer answered on September 15, 2008

A
votes
Im having the same issue, started yesterday. I just find it strange since for 2 years we've had no issue with the internet until yesterday morning, I called them, they walked me through resetting up the netgear router then the same thing happened again this morning. They're sending over a guy Thursday, hopefully it's an isolated issue with the router. Also, I just noticed that the power lights on my netgear router keep going off and on every few minutes, could this be a power issue?
S. Rivera answered on October 14, 2008

A
votes
Same here, Road Runner, nothing but problems, and they blame my stuff. I have 2 new routers and try both of them,, and RoadRunner, just says everything is ok on their end...
I know this discussion is old, but this is just crazy,, no matter what Road Runner just continues with problems.. sure they come to the house and make sure my connectors and cables are good, but their network has problems that last days and weeks, but when you tell them about intermittent problems, they cannot find the problems are a solution. ., Also most problems happen at 6pm to 8 pm.. but but can happen any time. I have 4 computers in my house, and some are wired, others are wireless. I have done computer works fo 20 years.
Ramstein answered on May 20, 2009

A
votes
The latest on Verizon:
FIOS is more important than DSL bandwidth ! They will not let the connection stay up more than a few minutes between 10:00AM and roughly Noon. EVERY day like clockwork!
W. Muney answered on May 29, 2009

A
votes
Check ur grounds on the cable. Also every splitter replace. This is very common with twc. Go to radio shack and buy the good splitters twc using the cheap ones and then blames you for the outage.
William answered on November 29, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Sep 11, 2008 3:05:13 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›