- Brand Name: HIRO
- Model Number: H50197
HiRO V.92 56K Internal PCI Express x1 Data Fax Voice Modem (H50197)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Latest V.92 Standard Protocol: PCM Upstream - Max. Data Upload up to 48K MOH - Receive Phone Call During Active Internet Connection Quick Connect - Connect to Your ISP Faster
- Fully Compatible with the Latest Windows 7 Operation Systems RoHS Compliance Support Caller ID
- Chipset: Conexant Modem Protocol: ITU-T V.92/K56Flex, ITU-T V.34bis, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22, V.21, V.23 Bell 212A/103, V.80 Fax Compatibility: 14.4 kbps Send/Receive, G3 Compatible
- Error Correction: MNP2-4, V.42 Data Compression: MNP5, V.42bis, & V.44 DTE To Modem Data Rate: Max. 115200 bps
- Data Interface: PCI Express x1 Voice function with Telephone Answering Machine (TAM) Line Interface: RJ-11 Modular Jack, Line
- Supported Operation Systems: Windows 2000, XP Home/Professional, XP Professional X64 Edition, Vista 32/64 Families, & Windows 7 32/64 Families System Requirement: 1x CD-ROM Drive, 1x PCI Express x1 Slot
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Had a lot of trouble getting both modems working at the same time, so I put project aside for a bit. Finally came back to it, uninstalled and physically removed the other modem, and tried to get this one to work to provide telephone answering machine functionality through my PC.
The software that accompanies this unit, Phone Tray, is not answering machine software, it is call screening software. It appears that there was discussion of creating "Phone Tray Pro," to add answering machine functionality, but I cannot find that this ever materialized.
I tried Call Soft Pro (which looks like a really nice setup), but could not get the greeting to play through the modem, to be heard by the caller. Tried Advanced Call Center Pro, still no luck getting greeting to play (as an aside, I like the Call Soft product a lot better). This failure across two programs that seem to have generally good reputations makes me feel that the issue is the modem, but that is a conclusion on my part.
I am willing to pay for software sold separately (although past modems have always included appropriate software; this modem only includes Phone Tray). I just haven't been able to find any that will work with this modem. So if the modem actually IS functional, I guess the flaw might be the absence of included software that would meet my needs.
With regard to other features, it does display caller ID. It does answer after the designated number of rings. It does record the incoming message.Read more ›
Installed ok .. but operation for Caller ID is unreliable on a W7x64 bit desktop. Phones in the house see CID and associated info -- but occasionally the computer does not see the same information and incorrectly identifies the caller ID as "unavailable".
Unfortunately, this causes big problems when family members hear a "disconnected" message as a result of the unreliable operation.
I popped this onto an MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard running Windows 7 Pro. I fired up FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro 8 and the modem was recognized. I didn't have to install any drivers.
We use this rig at the office to serve as our fax machine and we get about 20 faxes per day. We send out about 1 fax per day.
No issues at all. Price is great. Five stars, easy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I could find no software that will recognize this as a voice modem and answer and take a message. Without this function, it is useless to me...Published 8 months ago by Mod Tech "Mike"
I rarely use a fax but wanted one for occasional needs. This has worked when I have needed a fax.Published on June 23, 2013 by William R. Tucker
I couldn't believe that my new HP Pavillion didn't come with a phone/fax plug! My techie found this part for me and it was very easy to install as it has a port ready. Read morePublished on February 8, 2013 by Eduardo Jalles
I have a brand new DELL XPS computer with Intel i7 CPU and Windows 7,64bit. I installed the modem, installed driver and it was not recognized by SnappyFax software or in Device... Read morePublished on May 23, 2012 by Amazon Customer