5.0 out of 5 stars Color, durability, eco - Oh my!
These are excellent - & believe that they are easier to color with than Stockmar (at a much reduced price). Excellent color selection. Dropped from the kitchen island on tile & didn't break. Love that they are eco (more happy that they are "healthier" for my toddler).
Published on November 10, 2012 by LL

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Beeswax and NOT Natural!
Published 1 month ago by A. Mattix

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT Beeswax and NOT Natural!, November 9, 2014
This review is from: International Arrivals Natural Beeswax Crayons, Set of 24 (133-50) (Office Product)
I purchased these for my daughter because I was excited to see natural beeswax crayons in so many vivid colors. However, after getting them home, I noticed that they do not smell like beeswax, and the box says they are made in China, which isn't exactly known for beeswax production (to say the least). So, I went to the manufacturer's website and found this list of ingredients:

Crayon Wax Contains: Paraffin and Hydrocarbon waxes, stearic acid (pure), Talc (Mg3H2(SiO3)4), Hydrogenated Palm Oil, benzenamine (oxidized), Petrolatum, beeswax, Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light paraffinic, synthetic coloring.

Most of those ingredients are petrochemicals, and beeswax is way down the list, right in between petrolatum and petroleum distillates.

This is extremely deceptive labeling, in my opinion!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed that it's Made in China, January 3, 2013
I bought these crayons for my toddler after searching the net and concluding that the beeswax crayons would be safe for him. I chose this brand over the other brands amazon carries after checking the International Arrivals website and reading that their products are mostly made of recycled material and I was impressed. Nowhere on their site or in amazon's description of this product was it mentioned that these crayons were made in China! When it comes to my child, I prefer products manufactured in the US where I trust the regulations regarding children's safety and lead levels etc., esp when it comes to crayons that they might put in their mouth.

3.0 out of 5 stars better than crayola, September 7, 2012
I wanted something we could travel with and not be too concerned about dropping one in a stream or losing one in the tall grass. I ordered these because another reviewer said these were comparable to Stockmar. They are no way near Stockmar quality but are better than crayola.

They don't have that sweet beeswax smell. If I didn't know what they were made of I would assume a poor quality wax, like RoseArt. The pretty packaging is a waste. In order to get a good grip you have to take off the slippery papers. That being said, they lay down a brilliant color, blend extremely well, and for the price losing one or two is not so hard on my wallet.

These are great for the job I bought them for but I won't be purchasing them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Color, durability, eco - Oh my!, November 10, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Best crayons!, March 1, 2013
My children have loved using these crayons. I was very pleasantly surprised at how vivid the colors were, how smooth they drew and how sturdy they are. My husband sat down one day to color with the boys and he was amazed also at how very nice they were. I don't think I will ever buy store brand crayons again! These are worth the extra expense to make your child's crafting and creating much more enjoyable. I have seen my boys both enjoy their coloring/drawing more and comment on how they love the "special crayons" I bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars vibrant colors, September 8, 2012
I was eyeing the Stockmar wax crayons for a while but the price kept me away.
Last year my kindergartner got a box of 'Melessa and Dough' triangular crayon in red box.So this year we upgraded to wax crayon and these are lovely. The color are so vibrant. I never used a stockmar so I cant compare to that. But we are very happy with this. The box is very study with rubber bands on the corner to keep it closed. Also the inside there is a plastic tray to store the crayona nice and neat. Since this is being used by an extremely careful 6 year old I cant say how it will hold up against rough handling. Being said all that these crayons are not washable from your walls with just water (I tested that right out of box). But a piece of 'magic eraser' will do the trick. Keep that handy if you are buying this for younger kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome crayons with an unbeatable price, July 16, 2012
I am a mom and preschool teacher who has been on the endless search for the perfect crayons. I have finally found them. These are amazing. The color is brilliant, they lay down very smooth, and there is a perfect selection of colors. They are on par with the stockmar crayons at a fifth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crayons, January 3, 2013
Wonderful crayons. M daughter loves coloring with this. And they made a wonderful birthday gift as well. They are a lot cheaper on this site than on stores for what I could see. I highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars These crayons are BEAUTIFUL!, June 26, 2014
(Sorry, Amazon, I first found these at a local gift store that carried them for Christmas..) I sent them as a gift to my young nieces. They not only love them, but have created such beautiful art works that I purchased a set for myself - at a better price on Amazon - to use in my sketching and journaling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crayons *Containing* Beeswax, November 15, 2014
Length:: 2:45 Mins

I have composed this review in hopes that it will not only reflect my opinion of the product, but fill in some information gaps in the description.

I like to know what I'm buying, and the relatively low price of these crayons that claim to be "natural beeswax" did make me look for more information. One of the things that I feel it's important to get across right from the beginning is that these crayons are not made of only beeswax. They *contain* beeswax. This is not a surprise to me. Like other crayons, these are made with a variety of materials including: Paraffin and Hydrocarbon waxes, stearic acid (pure), Talc (Mg3H2(SiO3)4), Hydrogenated Palm Oil, benzenamine (oxidized), Petrolatum, beeswax, Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated light paraffinic, synthetic coloring. That is the ingredient list cut and pasted from the manufacturer website as of 11/07/2014. As you see, beeswax is pretty far down on the list. I feel that this is important to know for those who are purchasing these crayons with the idea that they are safe for children to put in their mouths (as I've seen in other reviews). Depending upon your view regarding some of these compounds, you may or may not feel that the crayons meet your personal definition of "non-toxic" products, particularly in regard to mouthing. I feel that this is an important clarification because I suspect that the product name may be a little misleading for some. If you are looking for a purely beeswax crayon, this is not the right product.

The crayons do have a nice texture to them when drawing, and the colors are nice and bright. I feel that they color well. I've put in a (perhaps somewhat too long) clip of me doodling with them in my video review so that you can see how the colors transfer to the paper. I don't expect to win awards for the doodle, but it may give you a general idea.

As other reviewers have stated, these crayons are manufactured in China.

Overall, I like the way that these crayons color. I'd say that their composition is on par with the average crayon, but they are certainly not all beeswax. For that reason I feel that the labeling could be more accurate, particularly as the ingredients are not on the label. I'm deducting a star for that. They perform well for what they are, but should not be represented as something that they are not. The texture and color quality are better than most of the inexpensive crayons available in stores.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

International Arrivals Natural Beeswax Crayons, Set of 24 (133-50)
$12.99