Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Buy one Get one Free\ Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes
Internet access I want to link programs to files on this server. Does the IP address have to be static to have this work?
asked by dlary9890 on October 28, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
Yes. You can access it across the internet by ip address, but it is much easier to set up a free DNS so you only have to remember a website instead of the ip address. Once you do that, you have to forward the correct port on your router.
Jesse J. answered on December 31, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Due to my own ignorance on the subject, I assumed that linking by IP address was the way to access the data. My question is how do you link from a remote location across the internet to access files on the NAS?
dlary9890 answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

I'll try to ask my cousin. He does not have this router (on his wish list too) but has a NAS set up and can access data. There is a way to watch torrents and pictures. I am sure it is the same concept with a different router.
Sanjeev answered on December 8, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Why do you want to link by IP address? That's normally not a good idea for any reason.
Sanjeev answered on December 5, 2011
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product