Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on August 28, 2014
I've owned this mattress twice. Intex must have switched factories or manufacturers between my orders, because what was once a top-notch air mattress that didn't need air for weeks now won't hold up a 120-lb person for one-night without sagging & losing air.

**Note that all the 5-star Amazon reviews are old (e.g., 2007, 2008, 2009) and all the 1-star reviews are new (2013 and on!).

Box for the 1st mattress says it was manufactured in 2012. I could sleep on this for several days without re-inflating. It would lose a little air after pumping, but then hold steady w/no more air loss for several weeks if I left it out.

Box for the 2nd mattress says it was manufactured in 2014. Mattress was noticeably lower to the ground than the 1st one. I had to add air DAILY for 2 WEEKS and still it sagged every night. This one came with a tag that read: "Your airbed is not leaking, it is the material stretching," and "Add air, daily at first and less after a few days, to maintain desired firmness." The 1st mattress had no such tag.

After sleeping on it every night for 2-weeks, I have had enough of it "stretching"... Even after adding air daily, if I stand up on the mattress, my foot sinks all the way to the ground!! I weigh 120-lbs and this is rated for 600-lbs of load!
44 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 14, 2009
We bought 2 queen airbeds and pillows mainly for camping purposes, but also to have when family comes for a visit and bringing their kids. So far we have used the airbeds only for camping. We are very pleased with them. They are truly "queen" size and my husband and I shared one and we had plenty of room each.

Pumping up each mattress took about 10 minutes using the included hand pump and my husband broke into a slight sweat while pumping them. I don't like my mattress hard so he didn't pump it up to full capacity. The air pillow just wasn't very comfortable to use, it's better than nothing but we all tossed them and used regular pillows instead. My husband didn't much like the deep grooves (big tubes) which formed the airbed mattress, but it didn't bother me. I kind of liked it because I could lay with my bony backbone between the round tubes and in the deeper grooves and found it rather comfortable. We did not notice any air leakage from the beds. My husband and I shared one airbed while our 2 kids shared the other. They seemed to be as full the next morning as they were when initially pumped.

The airbed material seems durable enough, but I would lay something extra underneath them if they are to be placed on a surface with rocks underneath. We camped out in our backyard in a tent on a relatively cold evening. It got down to around 45 degrees F. The mattresses of course radiated the cold from the ground right up to us so a few blankets on top of the mattress helped with that. And we let our dog sleep in the tent with us. She's an Eskimo Spitz with a lot of fur. She didn't sleep on the airbeds but beside them and the airbeds collected a good bit of her hair, but that is really no problem. (We're used to her hair being everywhere anyway.)

Deflating the airbeds was fairly painless. Once the plug was pulled and after some basic squashing of the airbeds was done, it was easy to roll them up somewhat tightly to get the remaining air out of them. We plan on using them while camping a lot more this summer and if they turn out to be failures I will certainly update this review. But for now, I am pleased with them and feel we made a good purchase.

UPDATE: 6/30/09

We went on a week-long camping trip last week and used the airbeds the entire time. They worked out perfectly. Maybe some air loss by the end of the week but not enough to be a problem. They were very comfortable to sleep on especially when a flat sheet was placed on top of them. The only thing protecting them on the underside was the tent floor and a tarp. They had no sign of damage whatsoever. I highly recommend these airbeds for camping purposes. The pillows however, were not very good but still usable if lightly inflated.
0Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
I received bed with 3 holes on it,
actually when I started pumping the air for an hour or so...
the air inside the bed was not even for an hour!!

I have no idea, how it got punctures!
i know i shouldn't deal with sharp edges objects that can cause a puncture to it, I never did that.
Later I brought the puncture kit from walmart spending about 10$ for it
i started repairing it..
after struggling for hours I can feel the bed with full air in it for a complete night..
but again, air's leaking

seriously, i'm fed with this things
i can't pump anymore ___/\___
If you want take it back for free
I would rather sleep on the floor

thanks to you sir,
at least you got some concern about your product
please make sure you guys sending customers right and good one
thanks a lot
i know my English is bad, just feel the frustration no the sentence formation..
review image
on February 5, 2013
Ok, so it sprung a leak last night - but that's after 8 months of being slept on nightly... including a few nights of more... athletic use than just being lain upon.

~240 nights of comfortable sleep - best $29.99 I've ever spent.
on August 13, 2008
this bed takes only ten to fifteen minutes to inflate (not hard work) and I had absolutely no problem letting the air out within two minutes. i didn't notice any leakage at all yet either.

it is attractive and as comfrotable as i imagine an airbed can be, though the pillows are kind of worthless and do leak for some reason.
it's not luxury but it's a great value. don't waste money on an electric pump. this one does the job.
22 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2013
Within hours of inflating the first time, it was noticeably losing air. It would not make it through a night without waking up and being on the ground. On it's way back to Amazon. At least Amazon has a great return program.
on February 11, 2013
I bought this air mattress thinking that it sounds more durable than the others. It has a high maximum weight limit, so we wouldn't have to worry about that too much. I fully expected to have to pump it up every few days it's in use. However, the reality is not as rosy.

We had a relatively big guy sleep on this the first night. He's about 250 pounds. Still, it claims to be able to support up to 600 pounds. He laid on the bed and within an hour, he was on the floor. Much of the air mattress had deflated. So for the next 30 minutes, three people attempted to find the leak so we could patch it. Finally, we found the leak and we successfully patched it. We waited an hour before reinflating it, just like the directions said.

So he laid back down on it again and everything seemed fine. It was holding air. I was happy with the product, even still to that point. We all went to bed. In the middle of the night, I hear our guest pumping up the air mattress. So I go out in the living room and he tells me that it has a slow leak somewhere and that he ended up on the floor again. He laid back down again and by morning it had deflated again.

Now Intex, if your product can't hold up to 600 pounds, don't say it can. And if it's supposed to, then you really need to fix this product and make sure it is completely sealed. This is absolutely unacceptable, regardless of the price. I reject the idea that a low price should make the manufacturer immune to criticism about their products. When I buy something, I expect it to work. Period.

Now I have to go through the laborious process of returning this to Amazon and waiting up to 2 weeks to get my refund. Thanks for nothing, Intex!
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2010
We bought this for a last minute attempt at camping. Although some murderous hobo thwarted our camping experience, the bed was easy to fill up, let out, pack up, and use again. The pillows are kind of a joke but the bed is super comfy and durable. We put a foam or feather topper because we're snobs but it's fine without. 6'3" Boy Fits.
88 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2007
I bought this product and Coleman's. Coleman's is better in my opinion; it has much better pattern, which allows one to sleep better, and user friendly system of letting the air out. It took me 1 minute to let the air out of Coleman, and 20 minutes of hard work to get it out of this. They are both somewhat uncomfortable, but this one a lot more so due to highly anti ergonomic pattern. The positive side of it is a better air pump.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2016
Great deal! I've used the bed five times already and have not experienced a single issue at all! great for camping (fits in a three person tent perfectly), and the pump and pillows are super PLUS! Ideal for two persons, but three can also sleep in it although when three people sleep on it, it will experience a minor deflating through the night but nothing that will affect its use. It will stretch a little as it is used more, but this is totally normal and expected and it is said in the instructions. Greta purchase! 5/5

In the picture, I have it set up in a 3 person tent