Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 12, 2011
After having owned two of these, and having experienced the same problem twice in a row, I feel I ought to warn you. This bed will eventually self destruct. As a college student in a housing situation that could change at a moment's notice, I felt it would be wiser to purchase an airbed than to deal with moving costs of a regular mattress and boxspring. I was taken in by the low price and "super saver shipping" on this model, and at first things were quite nice. The bed is a dual chamber design with an internal pump, and uses lengthwise "ribs" on the inside to hold the bed flat when you inflate it. The pump itself is incredibly simple to use, just set the valve to "inflate" and turn it on. When the bed is inflated, and you are lying down, you can easily reach the pump's valve and switch to get the firmness of the bed just right by inflating or deflating it as needed.

However, after a few months of regular use, the internal ribs began to come unglued one by one. Since this allows the section the rib was holding together to suddenly and violently expand, it made for several abrupt awakenings in the middle of the night. Once one rib separated, the rest followed in quick succession over the next week, until the bed had turned into a round-ish ball.

I ordered another one, thinking "perhaps this one was simply defective. Not enough glue, who knows." But the second one has gone the way of the first, and is breaking apart inside. For the price, which is very reasonable, this bed is quite good. But the internal separation is a real nuisance, because you have no warning before it happens, and it WILL startle you in the middle of the night.

The Pro's:
Fast inflation with built in pump (which is no louder than an average vacuum cleaner)
Easy access to pump while lying down to get the firmness set just right via the twist valve
Solid feel thanks to thick vinyl
Bed surface coating helps sheets stay put
No leaks, even when against hard edged furniture.
Priced very reasonably

Cons:
without overloading, without abuse, the internal bracing will still separate.
2929 comments543 of 574 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2014
I want to echo the comments made by a previous reviewer who pointed out the separation of the ribbed air panels. However, to be fair these are not designed for long term use.

I've bought three of these in the past 18 months and I have to buy another one now owing to the separation issue of the air pockets. These beds are extremely comfortable and the perfect height. That's the problem - they are so comfortable I end up preferring to sleep on this than on my own bed and after some time (about four to six months) the seams between the air chambers start to come apart so that a big bubbly ridge forces you to sleep on either side of it. (see photo where two became three) I've tried to be mindful of this and balancing my weight evenly, but it still happens.

Like I said though, I used it for longer than you would for guests or camping. They are sturdy, firm , very, very comfortable and look like a real bed when made up with linens. I still want another one . Make for great temporary sofas too if you are saving up for furniture in a new place.

To sum up, if you need to use these beds for six nights or six weeks consecutively, there won't be a problem and you can just deflate it and store it away. But if you're using it long term as a surrogate bed then it has about six months life in it.
review image review image
11 comment48 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2010
heard that out of town relatives were coming for the holidays so I had to get something for them to sleep on during their visit. thought the air bed was a better alternative than the floor. was not sure if this was a good product or not for sure. but when I received we kept wanting to try it before relatives came, but we didn't.anyway by the time we did it worked perfectly. one of the best last minute purchases I made. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs an air bed. it was inexpensive and worked great. easy to set up and easy to putaway.. of course like all packaging it does not fit exactly as it came in, but it was all worth it for me..
22 comments224 of 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2014
We wervery disappointed in this company. We used this bed 3 times, and on the 3rd time it wouldn't hold any air. They have a 90 day return policy. We were 10 days off the 90 days (how often do you use an air mattress?). They made me go through an hour phone call with a person that was very hard to understand. I asked her from the beginning if it was going to be a problem returning this (being outside of the 90 days). She said no told me 4 things I had to do to return it (cutting it up and locating the leak-a lot of work for a malfunction). Then when she asked for the purchase date I told her, and she immediately said they would not take it back because it was outside the limit of the 90 days. I had told her from the beginning I was over. I asked to talk to a manager. She told me there was no manager and no one to transfer me to. She even said even if there was they would say the same thing she told me. Horrible customer service.
11 comment70 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2011
I have ordered 2 of theses beds before. They work great! Just take care when getting in & out as the side walls do tend to spring slow leaks. This bed is very firm which makes you think it's tough as nails, but as long as you don't pound on it, should last as least 1-1 1/2 years of everyday use before starting to leak.
0Comment37 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2013
When I found out a friend was coming to visit for a week, I panicked as I do not have a guest bedroom. I do, however, have a sunroom, so I decided to look for a bed that could be easily opened up and packed away. At first, I was looking for the kind of bed that folds into a hassock, but quickly ruled this out due to the cost.

I then went shopping for an inflatable bed. I had several criteria for the bed: 1) It needed to cost less than $100, preferably less than $75; 2) It needed to come with an electric pump for inflation as arthritis prevents me from manually pumping air into a mattress; 3) I wanted it to be tall enough to allow a middle-aged person to get it and out of it easily; and 4) When the air was let it out, it needed to be compact when folded up and easy to fold up.

I found a number of mattresses on Amazon.com that met all of the above criteria. The Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest Raised Comfort Queen was the least expensive of this group. I usually do not buy the least expensive of a selection, on the theory you get what you pay for. However, there were a large number of positive reviews. This plus Amazon's guarantee led me to select

I found the bed very easy to set up. The pump is built into the bed and the cord packs away nicely in a small compartment where the air valve is also located. I was surprised how quickly the bed filled with air and how easy it was to adjust the firmness with the air valve. My deep pocket, queen sheets were perfect for the bed. It was a little harder to get the flat sheet and blanket tucked in as the bed tended to slide, but I found I could get them firmly in place by kneeling on the bed.

The big test would be my guest's opinion. It is one thing to sleep a night or two on an air bed, but she was here for six nights. She found the bed to be surprisingly comfortable. Each night, she pumped the bed up to very firm and then let a little air out so it was just right for her.

The final test was my ability to fold the deflated bed into the convenient bag that came with it. While I was not able to fold it quite as tightly as the factory, I was able to fold it enough to fit it in the bag and pull the draw string nearly all the way.

I am giving this bed a five (5) star rating as it met my criteria and exceeded my guest's expectations. With this bed you can sleep easy because of the reasonable cost and your guest will sleep easy because of its comfort.
22 comments91 of 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
Purchased this item during a Black Friday sale in the month of November 2012. Didn't have to use it until February 2013. Used it for about two weeks straight and the seams on the right side of mattress split causing a bulge on that side of mattress. The retailer no longer carried it and it was after the manufacturers 30 day return policy. Upon writing them and informing them of my displeasure I was told there wasn't anything they could do for me and to take it back to my place of purchase. Buyer Beware! That all I got to say...
review image review image
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
Purchased this exact mattress at WalMart to replace two Coleman and Simmons Beautyrest air mattresses. Made a huge mistake, it lasted exactly 31 days. The seams internally burst leaving huge bubbles. The mattress has lost its shape completely. Buyers beware, its been my experience that none of the 'name brands' nor companies like Intex can actually manufacture an airbed that will last any length of time. This is the third air mattress in one year. Going back to a regular mattress its not worth the time and aggravation.
review image review image review image
11 comment25 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2009
This mattress was bought for visits from my two grand daughters whose total weight is 75 lbs. I inflated the mattress upon delivery but didn't need it for 30 days. The first time the girls were on the mattress it let out 1/2 of the air. There is only a 30 day warranty. I will now buy the Wenzel Insta-bed that carries a 1 year warranty.
on July 11, 2014
I needed a temporary bed for about 4 weeks while my bedroom ceiling was being repaired. For the first two weeks of use it worked well; better than my couch, but not quite as good as my usual comfortable bed. Right at the two week point it started bulging at one corner, a little at first, then a lot after another day or two. Then at 0230 in the morning it collapsed almost completely in the middle, and I was driven to my couch for the remaining week or so. I was told by Intex that it was covered under the 90 day warranty, and that I would need to cut out sections of the bed where it failed and mail those in at my expense and they would send out a replacement. I was also told if the replacement ever fails, that I would need to send the entire (not just cut up portions) mattress back to them for another replacement. I suppose they just want to be sure I'm not in the business of defrauding air mattress companies. My bedroom is repaired and the Intex is in my 32 gallon can. I chose not to grovel in order to fulfill their warranty requirements, and instead opted to just badmouth their product in public.
11 comment32 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse