Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intex Excursion 5 Boat Set - Old Model
|Price:||$123.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$14.96 (11%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Five-person raft assembles and inflates in just minutes, getting you quickly from the car to the water
- Made of rugged, welded vinyl for longterm durability; inflatable I-beam floor for comfort and rigidity
- Includes two inflatable seats with backrests, four fishing rod holders, oar locks and holders, and motor mount fitting
- Grab handle and 360-degree grab line, gear pouch and repair patch, and quick-fill Boston valves; comes with 54-inch aluminum oars and high-output hand pump
- Five-person raft measures 66-by-17-by-144 inches (W x H x D) with 57.6-pound weight and 1,000-pound maximum weight limit; US Coast Guard-approved
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
54-inch aluminum oars and a high-output hand pump are also included.
- Inflatable floor for comfort and rigidity
- Includes two inflatable seats with backrests
- Four fishing rod holders
- Oar locks and holders
- Motor mount fitting
- Grab handle and 360-degree grab line
- Gear pouch and repair patch
- Quick-fill, fast-deflate Boston valves
- Comes with 54-inch aluminum oars and high-output hand pump
- Five-person raft
- Measures 66-by-17-by-144 inches (W x H x D)
- 57.6-pound weight
- 1,000-pound maximum weight limit
About Intex Recreation
Intex Recreation makes above-ground swimming pools, air beds, inflatable toys, pool and lake boats, and the proprietary Intex Saltwater Pool System. The company has been in business for over 40 years, and is a global leader in designing and producing innovative products for indoor and outdoor recreation.
Intex products meet the most stringent safety standards, undergoing intensive testing to ensure years of safety and satisfaction. During the manufacturing process, trained Intex employees continuously monitor a wide range of factors, including quality of raw materials, calibration of the machines, manufacture and assembly of each product, product testing, and careful packaging of every item.
Top Customer Reviews
After reading tons of reviews -- and going to the Intex website and other forums -- I bought the Excursion 5 because some forums said the Seahawk II doesn't have motor mount points (this is not true) and some people on here commented that the Excursion 5 is made out of the same "Super-Tough" material as the Seahawk II (this is also not true, but it's very confusing and even the Intex website doesn't make it clear. The Seahawk II is more rigid, can be inflated to higher pressure, and is more puncture-resistant because it is actually a 3-ply system including Super-Tough PVC OVER a nylon fabric layer)
As soon as the Excursion 5 arrived, I realized I had bought the wrong boat for rowing my girlfriend and I around. The boat is too wide and oars too short to really reach into the water well, and the oar locks are fixed in place -- not rotational like the Seahawk II. These two factors make the boat nearly impossible to row.
I immediately ordered the Seahawk II and have taken it out and it is great to row around in (comfy for 2 people, I don't see how you could fit 3.) I thought about what to do with the Excursion 5, and I've decided to keep it because it is a bigger boat and seems like it could be fun to take a larger group (up to 4) people out on it, once I get a motor and mount.Read more ›
*The oars come in 4 parts that snap and screw together. Assembly is easy. The oar locks work well and allow one person to use two oars.
*The seats are comfy. They inflate and latch into the raft.
*It comes with a patch kit, but I doubt you will need it.
*Three air chambers make it sturdy. We could pump it up in less than an hour.
*No quick release on the bottom air chamber.
*1/4 inch rope is a tad too thin. Buy some 3/8 inch if you want to secure it.
*Only two oars.
Part I: Quick Review
Generally, the other reviews here say it all. This is a great general utility boat.
1. It is easy to transport. With all my accessories and fishing gear, it fits into the back of my minivan with ease (last seat row collapsed).
2. It is roomy enough for my needs. Accommodates two adults with two kids (under 10) easily with battery and fishing gear and trolling motor. My estimate, about 500lbs. I think three adults is comfortable, but four is pushing it.
3. Easy to assemble/disassemble but still time consuming (and tiring on hot days)
4. Seems durable enough. I have run into submerged trees, low water points, scraped trolling motor, etc. but have had no punctures.
So why four stars? I still get envious of solid boats or zodiacs outfitted with big engines.
Part II: Recommended accessories and mods (or "Why your low cost raft will cost you another $500")
There a few items that will make your boating experience go from good to great and I recommend them all.
1. Get a trolling motor. The paddles are essential for tight maneuvers but the paddles are not really a propulsion system to be used for a long time. I got the "Minn Kota Endura C2 40" (available on Amazon), which is 10 lbs of thrust more than the smallest trolling motor with 30 lbs thrust. I think the 30 suits the boat a little better and you can get by with the 30 just fine unless you plan to use it in a river.Read more ›
This boat is excellent quality, the plastic is very thick and durable looking, and it has excellent features to it. First off, the thing is HUGE. It measures 12' by 5' approximately, and it has PLENTY of room for four adults, or like us, 2 adults and 5 little ones. The weight limit is high as well, I've seen it listed at 880 pounds but it says 1000 on the box. It has easy instructions in spite of all the bells and whistles it has. I highly suggest ordering a Coleman quick-pump to pump it up, it is well worth it and I can't imagine blowing it up with the pump they provide, this thing TAKES A LOT OF AIR. Paddles are excellent quality, unlike cheaper brands that have complaints against the paddles.
Note that there is a LITTLE plastic ruler in the package somewhere that you use to put the correct amount of air in the boat. Keep an eye out for it, we lost it initially until the I discovered the toddler had found a new toy!! LOL It works perfectly, you set it on the same ruler on the boat and blow it up until the measurements match. Little features like this that make it easy for non-boaters to figure out are really what makes this boat wonderful. It has 4 areas to put your fishing pole in, paddles can be one double or you can make them into two smaller ones and have nice, long "paddles" on the end.
All in all, the boat looks wonderful and was easy to set up with the simple directions they provide.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have had this boat for almost a year and I like it I will recommend to get a trolling motor at least 40 lb. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
It's a little too big for the week capacity that it holds. I would definitely recommend sticking with the four-man boat.Published 5 months ago by qwidixirxsuweuzdcv
Very pleased with this product. Grandson and Grandfather go fishing in it and enjoy it tremendously.Published 5 months ago by Patricia A Schmidt
This raft is an amazing buy very sturdy great for river fishing I researched multiple sites and rafts and this one will not disappointPublished 7 months ago by brandon
Its a great boat, but the last time I used it, I believe it lost some air; there must be a leak somewhere. I've probably used itdozen times, not more.Published 8 months ago by Anonymous