5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best bed Intex has ever made!
Published on November 3, 2007 by Victor

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bed, bad sizing info!
As an owner of several air mattress' in the past, I feel that I speak from experience.
Often the bed is made of an inferior plastic that is too thin and will soon burst from the seams, or is constructed poorly which allows for instability.
This bed is neither.
Published on November 15, 2007 by Joel E. Stevens

3.0 out of 5 stars Good bed, bad sizing info!, November 15, 2007
Joel E. Stevens (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intex Supreme Air-Flow Queen Airbed Nylon Flocked with Built-in Electric Pump (Sports)
This bed is neither.
It is sturdy enough for multiple persons to rest comfortably, allowing them to sleep without falling in a "valley" or slipping off when near the edge due to it's multiple channel design.
Another nice feature not readily known or stated is that the bed has a channel all the way around between the two sections that allow you to actually tuck in a sheet, with a larger gap at the corners. A very nice feature that should be noted.

As with any air mattress, fill it until it is soft, not firm and let it sit for an hour before blowing it up to the desired firmness. This will allow the plastic to warm up and will prevent cracks and leaks. Second, DON'T OVER FILL the mattress, and thirdly, if you jump up and down on ANY air mattress like a trampoline, expect air leakage.

THE ONLY ISSUE I HAVE WITH THIS BED IS THIS:
The size is INCORRECTLY stated!
This bed does NOT conform to the measurements given ("Approx." 80" x 60") and is correctly measured at 77" x 56", which conforms to a "Double" sized bed, not a "Queen" sized bed.
BEWARE!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best bed Intex has ever made!, November 3, 2007
Victor (Olivehurst, California) - See all my reviews
If air beds got awards or ribbons, this bed would get the Gold. First off, the supplier is excellent with xtra-fast shipping! I've no complaints! Now, for the bed: I've slept on this air-bed for a month now and it is superb! I expected air leaks but there have been none! I have slept on the edge and in the middle (my preference) and there was no "bowing" or "lifting" as often found in other air beds. The bed stayed flat - I think this is due to its design. It's as comfortable as you make it - comfort level can be adjusted, although I do think a hand-held remote would be easier to use. Still, it is the best of its kind! I've been sleeping on air beds for the past 13 years (different brands including Aerobed) and this one is outstanding. I highly reccommend this bed to any who may be searching for a temporary or even semi-permanent bed(no air bed lasts much over a year or two if used every night)! I plan to pick up a second one early next year just in case this model becomes hard to find in a year from now or the price jumps much higher. What really surprised me is that this bed is Intex. I've been highly critical of Intex in the past due to problems with their beds. It seems that, at least with this model, they finally got it right!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality and Company Service, October 15, 2009
There is no warranty for this product from the company. You are on your own if it starts to leak, which mine did. Within 25 days, the first leak/tear started on the top. Within a week a 1 foot by 1 foot section of the top had lifted off the supporting coils. It became a fix or repair daily situation from then on with 4 inch long tears. No help from Intex- they do not stand behind their product. This is not a reliable product, you can make a better choice. I hope this helps.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and practicality, November 29, 2007
BB (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Very happy with purchase so far. We previously had used a friend's Intex 2-in-1 air mattress and were considering purchasing that model. I'm glad we got this one. This air bed is much more stable and comfortable plus easier to fill. The built in electric air pump is fabulous, much quieter and more practical than the external pump we had to use with the 2-in-1 model. It was quick and easy to fill the mattress every night and to deflate every morning. And we were able to regulate the firmness while in bed. We slept on it for 10 days and were very comfortable. No aches and pains. When filled to firm, the edges of the bed held up under our weight and didn't sag, no matter how close to the edge we slept. The mattress is a good height, so you don't feel like you're sleeping on the floor. And the built-in crease between top and bottom keeps fitted sheets in place. The only downside is the size. This is not a true Queen mattress. Feels more like a large double. Also the mattress had a noticeable plastic smell when we first got it. It dissipated over the week but it's still there. I'm hoping it will disappear completely with further use. Received item quickly but it was a bit heavy getting it home from my office.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not thrilled with item, June 29, 2008
It came quick enough but it does not stay inflated. We have to keep airing it up again. Doesn't even last through one night! I feel ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not just one but TWO were bad!, April 22, 2010
When I first set up this bed, I absolutely loved it. Within 3 weeks a huge lump started to form right in the middle of it. Amazon was good enough to ship me a replacement at no cost. Within a month after I got the new one...the exact same thing happened. Plus it kept loosing air, and I found tiny little holes all over it. I ended up using the entire patch kit it came with. Thats when I threw it in the garbage.

I can understand defects...but I it shouldn't have happened twice in a row. I do not recommend this bed to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this mattress, July 30, 2009
Please don't buy this mattress. I've only had it for 30 days and it has already had
three unexplained holes on top of the sleeping surface. If I could give this 0 stars,
I would have. IntexCorp., the maker of the mattress does not warranty this product, so
buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars intex bed review, October 1, 2007
Julia K. Howells (Alamogordo, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
I purchased the intex bed because my son was visiting. He is a large young man (approx 250 lbs) and states he was very comfortable on the mattress. He could adjust the firmness by pushing the button and inflating it a bit more if needed. The bed filled in a matter of minutes which was amazing to watch.The vinyl is heavy and good quality. I was not afraid of rupture. It was easy to deflate and I folded it alone and put it back in the bag. I think I will take it with me when I go visit him!!! Storage requires a bit of room and it is heavy, but the alternative would be to store and lift a real bed so I guess it is a good compromise.:}

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisified, April 22, 2008
I read all the comments before purchasing this and it was exactly as stated. Yes it is a little smaller than a queen but it's not much of a problem. You cannot feel the ridges like other airbeds. It does have to have a little air added every few days but again, that's not really a problem. I then purchased a 2" memory foam pad for it and have been sleeping so much better than with a traditional mattress. There is no reason it can't be used as your permanent bed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sleepless in San Rafael, December 3, 2010
Boy, was I excited when I talked my wife into buying this bed to use on our visit to my mother-in-law's for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Being 6'4" tall and a big guy the stay in the guest bedroom with it's "I Love Lucy" pair of Twin Beds on opposite sides of the room has become torture, they even have footboards. Putting this queen sized tall mattress in the middle of the room for us both to sleep on seemed to be a great solution, no more stiff necks or sore backs, I thought.
Well it didn't really work out that way. The first night started out great. A very comfortable bed, firm enough, easy to set up, and we put our zip together sleeping bags on it and a long standing problem seemed to be solved. Then came the Weird Dreams in the night, Dreams of being the meat in a giant taco. When I struggled awake I found the bed had deflated. I was in the middle of a giant plastic taco shell, my wife mostly on top of me, my behind on the ground. I got up and re-inflated the bed and had to about every hour and 20 min. the rest of the night.
We decided that waking every hour and a half to get up and go to the foot of the bed and blow it up again was still better than the Twin Beds so the second night was spent doing just that and all was pretty good that night, I learned to fill the bed up without really waking up so I got right back to sleep.
Thank goodness we were spending only 3 nights, because on the third night we had another strange event. Maybe it was from the repeated re-inflations or maybe just poor construction but the bed, just after we got in, started making noise. Pretty soon we became aware that we had a lump, about the size of a golf ball between us on the top of the bed. A couple of inflations later, the golf ball had become a baseball. About 3 a.m. we were sleeping with a basketball in the middle of the bed. The one nice thing I can say about that is that it brought back happy thoughts of 20 some years ago and sleeping with my pregnant wife. I thought this was pretty funny, my wife not so much. When it was time to get up I jumped out of bed and my wife crawled out over the top of the medicine ball that occupied the middle of our bed. I guess the layers of plastic had separated. With a leak at the seam that couldn't be fixed and a ply separation the bed was unusable. I got home an checked with Amazon to return it but I had ordered it too soon. It seems that if you have it over 30 days before you try it, you can't return it. Not a mistake I plan to make again.
If you go ahead and buy one of these I wish you good luck with it, who knows what might have happened if we had decided to get frisky.

Rate and Discover Movies