5.0 out of 5 stars Great air mattress. Very comfortable, easy inflate/deflate.
Published on May 7, 2010 by Justin

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, decent price, but crappy warranty
This is my 3rd air mattress from Intex that I've purchased, and the second one that has gone bad. The first one had a slow (fast?) leak that could not be fixed. This was after having the mattress for about 3 months, using only about once per week.

Published on March 10, 2011 by beachbound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great air mattress. Very comfortable, easy inflate/deflate., May 7, 2010
Justin (Hazel Green, WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
This is a great air mattress. I bought this to sleep on for about a week after a recent move until my bed and household items shipped to my new house. The air mattress inflates very easily. Just plug it into the wall and turn on the switch. In just a few minutes the bed is fully inflated. The bed is nice and high, and feels like a real bed. The bed loses a little bit of air overnight, but not enough that will wake you up or cause discomfort. I usually turned on the pump for 30 seconds before going to bed each night to make sure it was fully inflated. After sleeping on this for a week, I have no complaints. It was very comfortable, and offered all of the comforts of a standard mattress. I'd recommend this for guests, camping, or anyone who needs an air mattress. It also comes with a canvas carrying bag, which the mattress fits into once deflated and folded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bed, August 5, 2010
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
In a rush, i purchased an air mattress from my local walmart. It was an Ozark brand and what a piece of junk. It's uncomfortable and after second use, lost so much air over night i was on the ground my morning.

For my next trip out, I bought some gear to make it more comfortable and purchsed the Intex Ultra Plush Queen for me and the wife since we both have bad backs. My daughter ended up sleeping with my wife and got a great night sleep. I used the Ozark as mentioned above and it was miserable.

At the time, i bought for $66 plus free Prime shipping. and it's truelly the best. I have not used it long term, but so far so good and for the money an awesome deal. I've since purchased the Intex Raised Downy Queen Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump for $55 with free Prime shipping because the Ultra Plush has increaed to about $75.

Intex raised beds are FANTASTIC to sleep on. Naturally, you're going to have some that are not made perfectly and may have leaks. so, save your original boxes for possible return. Other than that, i'd take my chances for the money for a very comfortable, easy to use air mattress.

UPDATE
I got the Intex Raised Downy Queen and slept on in last night. It's not as good as the Ultra Plush. It's not bad, but just not as good and i would probably spend the extra $20 if I had to do it again.

It makes me like the Ultra Plush that much more. the kids will get the Raised Downy and I'll take the Ultra Plush.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, decent price, but crappy warranty, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)

The second time I purchased this air bed, I had it for about 4 months. Had to fill it up every 3 days, which isn't a big deal at all, but just last week the impeller (cheap plastic thing inside the electric pump) broke, and the mattress is useless now. It would've been fine if Intex sold an electric pump separately, but such is not the case. Even a separate channel to manually pump would have been great (a feature the Wenzel Insta-bed has, which I am purchasing today).

Intex does not have a warranty on their airbeds.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad experience, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
We had company coming for Christmas, and we needed an extra bed. The reviews for this air mattress were mixed, but the people who gave favorable reviews really loved it. It looks comfortable in the picture, and we thought we would take a chance on a cheaper way to have an extra bed available. As it turns out, my husband and I were the ones who got to use the air mattress. The first night we slept on it we had to inflate it five times during the night, because the mattress kept losing air and deflating. The times that the air mattress was fully inflated, it was very comfortable. It was annoying having to re-inflate, and we did not get a very sound night's sleep. I debated on whether to have Amazon replace the mattress with another one, but in the end opted for a refund. I got free shipping both ways, so I am not out anything except three nights of restful sleep. The best thing about this air mattress is Amazon's return policy. There is no warranty on the mattress, so if you need to return it, make sure you know Amazon's return/refund policy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy an Intex Airbed -- Read Why!, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
The raised (13 inch height and higher) Intex air beds have a severe design flaw that quickly renders them unusable AND Intex does NOT warranty its airbeds. Although the beds hold air and do not leak, in order to maintain shape the beds contain internal baffels that easily break (cannot be repaired) and cause 6 to 12 inch bulges along the entire length of a section of the bed. The beds literally lose their shape and become useless. Having purchased two separate Intex models in the last six months and having had the same experience with both, it is clear that Intex airbeds have a fatal design flaw. The beds are rated for 600 pounds (I'm 200 pounds), but that rating is merely for holding air: The baffels on both airbeds failed within the first month's use. I sent back the first one -- a cumbersome process -- and got a partial credit from Amazon (a nice but not terribly satisfying gesture on their part). The second one failed as quickly as the first. Amazon needs to discontinue carrying these airbeds -- they quickly and consistently fail. In light of this, it is surprising to me that Amazon markets these beds to unsuspecting customers who simply want the product they paid for AS ADVERTISED. BUYER BEWARE: Do NOT BUY an Intex airbed!!! (Intex airbeds have earned a negative score, but "1" is as low as this page will register.)

*Shortly after writing this review and then additionally posting it to Amazon's Customer Service department, Amazon agreed to re-imburse me (after I ship back per their label) the second defective bed (they already have the first one). In addition, Amazon posted a $10 credit to my account. I am using the refund credit and the $10 credit toward a somewhat more expensive Wenzel airbed. I have used Wenzel's camping gear and have found it reliable. Customer reviews show that Wenzel DOES warranty its airbeds and seems responsive to customer concerns. Thank you, Amazon -- this is a big help. I will post a review of the Wenzel airbed after I have used it for a few months. Good luck shoppers!

Intex Raised Downy Queen Airbed with Built-in Electric PumpIntex Supreme Air-Flow Queen Airbed Nylon Flocked with Built-in Electric PumpIntex Pillow Rest Queen Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump2011 Intex Super-Soft Velvetaire® Flocked Queen (Full) Sized Memory Foam Airbed w/ Built-in Remote AC-Pump (Brown)Intex Deluxe Pillow Rest Rising Comfort Twin2011 Intex Queen Supreme Pillow Top Ultra Plush Deluxe AirBed Guest Mattress Gray

1.0 out of 5 stars Ultra FLAT not Ultra Plush, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
I just wanted to express my extreme disappointment in the quality of your "Ultra Plush" queen size airbed. It developed a leak after only a few months of use and I have been unable to find the leak. I spent almost $90.00 on something that is completely useless now. You do not offer any sort of warranty on your product. I will never purchase anything else that has your name on it. Just thought that you should know but I bet you are aware of other complaints.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product, July 25, 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
Replaced item three times hoping it would last longer but as expected bed starts losing air within two months of purchase. Amazon customer service say that bed should be properly inflated. What they mean by 'Properly'? Is it rocket science that we do not know how to do. I would not recommend this to anyone. Do not waste 80 bucks on this piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good matress until...., March 19, 2012
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
We initially bought this mattress for a guest who was to be with us for a month. The bed started off great, very comfortable and didn't require air to be filled every day. However on the second week oneday the bed has gone flat overnight! So we returned the bed as it was under 30days, and re-purchased an exact same one. The new one was only used for a week until AGAIN it went flat overnight. Not sure if this is a manufacture defect, but unfortunately the bed does not seem to last long.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good deal and decent quality, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
i got this mattress bout a month an half ago and have slept on it every day since, i am a big guy with bad back problems and it still pretty good. pump is a little louder than i though it would be and i do have to give a quick fill every few days but other than that i am pretty happy with it.

update-
right after i wrote the original review the mattress sprung a leak, tried to patch it with the included patch and that didn't last very long. and i had to resort to sleeping in the couch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Will update after first camping trip!, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit (Sports)
I will update after I use camping in April!

Arrived very quickly! Ready to go out of the box!

Pros:
Set up was a breeze. You pull it out, lay it out, and plug in. It took about 3.5 minutes to completely inflate to a very firm air mattress.
The built in motor is loud but works great!
You have a knob that is turned clockwise to inflate which seals airway off. Then you turn counterclockwise to deflate. You can turn a little to deflate to desired firmness and then turn it back to seal it off.
It deflates through a hole and you can turn on the motor to deflate quickly. It took about 3.5 minutes to deflate as well.
Well then you fold up and while the knob is in deflate position any extra air pushes out. In the directions it says to turn back to inflate to seal off before storing. I assume this is to keep out moisture.
What I really like about this is that if the motor ever goes out you can pump it with another air pump through the deflate hole! So this air mattress will still be usable even if pump goes out! Great idea!

Cons:
Only one little one really is it is very heavy. However, with how high it is it is going to have more material. Therefore it will be heavier.
Carry case. It looks ok, but seems really thin. It might hold up. I don't know, but I do know that it is a good size. After I inflated/deflated I got it back in the bag by myself unlike so many other air mattresses.

Overall:
It seems like a great product and was a great price! 60.00!! I don't know if my instructions were very clear, but the provided instructions are very easy! Will update after extended use in April!

Intex Ultra Plush Queen Airbed Kit