4.0 out of 5 stars Tons of Action and Surprises-- A Little Disappointing Overall
Suzanne Brockmann is definitely one of the best romance writers out there. Her dialogue is snappy, her plots truly suspenseful and her characters expertly drawn. Plus, her books are very witty and laugh-out-loud funny in places. So there's no denying that on a fundamental level, ITF is a very good book that's worth reading. It's engaging, fast-paced, and full of...
Published on July 23, 2008 by Lauren Sophie

2.0 out of 5 stars The action continues
I have accepted that the Brockmann who gave us such classics as "Over the Edge" and "Out of Control" is gone, and this trend continues in her latest Troubleshooters book. Once again it's non-stop action, lots of injuries, and thinly drawn romance. It was, however, a very riveting book.

This review contains spoilers.

I've never been a fan of the...
Published on July 24, 2008 by Nils

4.0 out of 5 stars Izzy steals the show yet again!, July 30, 2008
I think Suzanne Brockmann always amazes me. I always get angry when I find out who she picks for the next installment of the Troubleshooters series, then I read the book and I'm like okay this woman knows what she's doing. They are always amazing reads and her ability to capture the audience's attention with her various plot twists are again apparent in this book. Even though Vinh's and Hannah's story was very well done, I was partial to Izzy and Eden's story, theirs was my favorite. Decker and Sophia's story is one that I'm anxious to have made into a book, but I can understand why she is prolonging it to better develop their story. I was also getting very anxious with the Jimmy Nash story. I was happy how it ended though. It definitely left a lot open ended and will torture me a little bit every day until the next book comes out, but that's what I enjoy about the series. I have been a fan since her Team 10 series and I remember I had bought all the books and read them back to back and feeling so depressed after I was done because you really do grow attached to her characters. I love Stan Wolchonok's character and was happy to see a cameo appearance in this book. Definitely not my favorite of the series, but definitely a darn good summer read. Bravo, Suzanne Brockmann! Can't wait for the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get much better -- wonderful read!, July 23, 2008
The best summer read yet for me!! (and I read ALOT) This continuing saga just gets better and better and each book leaves me craving more. I read ITF in one day and my interest never slipped. The book offered new characters and new trials and tribulations, along with some interesting surprises for former characters. ITF was thoroughly entertaining and that's why I buy books. Ms. Brockmann has created such an exciting and moving series (and yes, the Troubleshooter books are a continuing saga -- not a complete "HEA" for each character in each book). ITF is a fabulous read and I can't wait for #14!

5.0 out of 5 stars A whirl wind adventure, July 28, 2008
Deborah Haupt (Portage des Sioux, MO United States) - See all my reviews
I'm never disappointed when I read one of Suzanne's books. Her characters are all well developed not only because she's a genius but we've met most of them in earlier works and they're all interesting plus you get to catch up with you're favorites from past books and see what they're up to now.
I also think that Suzanne is a heroine herself by bravely featuring characters that are not only complex but one very important character is gay, there are mixed marriages in her books there are mixed raced characters and some who are disable and I like that she's brave enough to create and share these wonderful people with us.
I really liked Murphy and Hannah and even though we met Murphy back a ways it's nice to have the complete background on him and his heroine. I like that they both come back from places that were dark in their lives and that their friendship never did completely die through all of their trials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising and Engaging - Loved It!, July 23, 2008
Lee Ann "lam" (Sacramento, California) - See all my reviews
This book is the best I've read all summer! (I've read all the new JE, NR, LH, CC, LG, hardbacks and many paperbacks during this summer vac.) From the start I was interested in continuing (yes, continuing) reading about characters from other TS books. Vinh and Hannah must take on the Freedom Network (think Branch Davidians) and Tim Ebersole - the man responsible for killing Angelina - Vinh's wife and Hannah's bff - several years ago. The story line was complex and thrilling. Characters remained true to their appearances in other TS books. It was wonderful to read how some were evolving into more responsible people (Dave Malkoff, Izzy, et al) and how they adapted to some new problems. I'm sure that in future TS books some of these characters' problems will be resolved and others' will continue into other books. The reunion of characters from TS, FBI, and Seal Team 16 brought back many great memories of earlier TS books. I can't wait for the next book in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave 'em wanting more......, August 12, 2008
Brockmann always leaves me wanting more and this time is no exception. She's developed characters that have us wanting to know every facet of their lives. Is it possible not to love each and everyone of them?

I thoroughly enjoyed the style of this book, which to me was totally necessary to explore all that developes through its course. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Into the Fire, October 5, 2008
Ann Heron (Edgartown, MA United States) - See all my reviews
# 13 is ideed a winner! Brockmann, just keeps getting better. Her characters are stronger than ever and it is wonderful to hear from old friends/characters as they are woven back into this novel. The compelling story line is indicative of significant research as the plot ties into world events & her sub plots keep me asking for more! (When is Izzy's & Eden's story going to continue...?) Like with a Nora Robert's novel, I start to get anxious as the book nears the end, as I really don't want the tale to be finished! (Brockmann's use of the epilogue helps.) I highly recommend this novel for contemporary mystery fans w/an underlay of romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST GREAT!, August 9, 2008
I truly enjoyed this book. In fact it was one of the best that I have read this summer and I read at least 5-6 books a week. Suz comes thru again. Loved all of the sub-plots, thought it kept the book moving. Great ending. I was almost sure that was how it would end. But, you just never know with Suz!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 8, 2014
CHRISTY (MARRERO, LA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Into the Fire: A Novel (Troubleshooters) (Mass Market Paperback)
loved this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Action packed with a CAPITAL A, August 19, 2008
Vinh Murphy, a former marine and past operative for Troubleshooter's Incorporated, lost his ability to cope with his job, his friends, or his life in general, when his wife was cruelly murdered during what should have been a simple bodyguard job. For the past few years he has dropped out of sight and wondered around drunk or drugged during most of that time.

Murphy's one anchor to normality has been his best friend Hannah Whitfield, a former police officer that was injured on the job and lost her hearing. Now Murphy is sober and finally showing signs of returning to life when he and Hannah discover that Tim Ebersole, the leader of the group Murphy holds responsible for his wife's death, has been murdered and the FBI's primary suspect is Murphy. Even Murphy doesn't know if he did it; his life was a series of bars and his memory is foggy so that he doesn't even know where he was during the time frame of the murder. Can Hannah and Murphy's friends at Troubleshooters find the truth in time to save Murphy or will someone kill him first?

Into the Fire is the thirteenth book in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter's series. The book can be read stand alone but many of the characters in the story have appeared in the other books in the series and I am glad I had read them first. I have to admit my bias here: I love the very strong characters, extremely suspenseful situations, and the somewhat violent action that characterizes this series by Brockmann. Excessive violence, even death often occur in these books but it is a part of the story and used to illustrate the extreme and inhuman measures the bad guys will go to in order to get their way. She also uses it to demonstrate just how strong some characters can be and how far humans can be pushed before we break.

_Into the Fire is every bit as exciting, emotional, action packed, and suspenseful as Brockmann's other books in this series, and I hated to put it down until I reached the end.

Armchair Interviews says: Hold onto your reading hat--this is action packed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way to go Suzanne!, August 1, 2008
This is the best Suzanne Brockmann book in years--thank you Suzanne! It was incredibly fast paced, with intricate subplots, realistic dialog, steamy sex scenes, and edge of your seat suspense. The addition of Dr. Heissman as a thread between characters was terrific and clever and the sexual tension between her and Decker was really well written. And speaking of Decker--kudos to Suzanne for creating one the most intriguing and complex characters in any of her novels. But, really this book is so well done, that the reader truly is attracted and has empathy for virtually every character. I'm delighted that not every loose end was tied up and that every subplot didn't unfold as I expected, because I can hardly wait for the next novel in the series.

Into the Fire: A Novel (Troubleshooters)
Into the Fire: A Novel (Troubleshooters) by Suzanne Brockmann (Mass Market Paperback - January 27, 2009)
$7.99 $7.19