Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Into Perfect Spheres Such Holes Are Pierced
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 18, 2004
This is simply one of the most beautiful books of poetry I've read in a very long time. Its subject matter, the death of two young girls in a plane crash, would render almost anyone mute, yet Barnett has found a way to speak of the ineffable here, and to make something beautiful out of despair. The style is appropriately, exquisitely restrained, and yet there is a poignancy in the deep silences of these poems. Do yourself a favor: buy this book, and when it arrives turn off the tv, close the paper, and let these elegies remind you of what matters in this life.
on April 14, 2013
I read this book a few years ago when it first came out in 2004. Now I am rereading it, and once again I find it the beautiful tender poignant work I first loved. These are heart breaking poems and yet controlled thanks to the skill and art of Catherine Barnett.. I love this book deeply.
on February 14, 2016
This is a book of poetry you cannot put down. The story flows so smoothly through such loss and pain, with such beauty. Well controlled , respectful of the silences and the unsaid. Musical and incredibly accessible poetry.