4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent jumping point for further learning.
This is a fantastic mini-series from one of the brightest minds of our time. It invokes a lot of interesting thoughts concerning where science and technology may take us in the future. Somewhat sobering to realize what has happened to Stephen Hawking throughout his life and yet he still has a fantastic outlook on life.

Hopefully this series will be used in...
Published on January 22, 2011 by Raquor

3.0 out of 5 stars Great CGI, very little information.
I'm sure Stephen Hawking could bury anyone with his cosmological knowledge. He wouldn't bury a third grader with this DVD. It is full of gee-whiz ideas and Mr. Hawking's guesses at what possible form that life elsewhere in the universe could take. But he didn't go very deep at all.

The Computer Generated Imagery was fantastic, though. On the other hand, there...
Published 20 months ago by Mafunzalo

‹ Previous | 14 5 610 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for those who want to know how our universe and its life were created, September 9, 2013
The simplistic accuracy in covering the mostly esoteric astrophysical subject matter is compellingly refreshing. I recommend it for anyone's lay interest in science. The combination of a narrator along with Mr. Hawking's computerized voice is also compelling listening.
I used this material as backup for my book on the historical separation between Science and Religion; that I wrote as a guide for today's righteous Fundamental religious Extremists' to, once and for all, rationally reconcile their steadfast faith in Scripture with modern science. Especially the treatment of the so-called Big Bang's creation of the universe and supernovae, which are both prophetically already mentioned in the book of Genesis; vis-à-vis how the universe and Adam were first created from nothing and the dust of the Earth respectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, August 24, 2013
Deanna Kay Guetschow (Blissfield, Michigan, US) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my brother for Christmas. He's really interested in astrophysics, and most of what he's into is way beyond my understanding (that's Autism for you though). This DVD is great though because the topics discussed are explained in a manner that is easy for virtually every audience to understand. I'm very glad I got this, my whole family has enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing DVD, June 26, 2013
If you enjoy science and learning about our Universe you will love this DVD. It’s really amazing how it all came to be and how they figured it out. This is a must see must have DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Stephen Hawking is excellent!!, June 25, 2013
I first saw "Into the Universe", when it was shown on one of my local television network.
It is really mind-blowing.
I love the special effects and everything!!!
Kudos to all the people involved, who helped to bring this documentary to the screen!!!
Stephen Hawking himself is truly mind-blowing. He is such a truly fantastic genius.
Benedict Cumberbatch is also truly fantastic.
True. He is in the shared role of narrator with Professor Hawkins.
But they both are just a great excellent duo.
I recommend "Into the Universe" to everyone who loves science, at any level!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Wonderful, Marvelous, Awesome!, May 17, 2013
Anything from the amazing Stephen Hawking is worthwhile and recommended for all who have the slightest interest in THE PAST... The long, long, long, long ago past...and even the possibilities of the future.

He addresses aliens, black holes, time travel, the cosmos, the beginning...and the end.

Full Disclosure: I'm a Hawking Groupie!

4.0 out of 5 stars great relaxation, April 30, 2013
awesome knowledge of the information of the universe and how we all connect to it. great relaxation video and informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Stephen Hawking is a brilliant man and so is this documentary. Yes, this is available to view on Netflix but why not own this? This documentary is well worth watching over and over. The points made are fascinating and have made me think in different ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking., March 13, 2013
This review is from: Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Good service from merchant.Everything provided as promised.movie was thought provoking.I have read a few of Stephens books so it was great to see his thoughts and ideas brought to film in a great .bluray presentation.This is a man I certainly would want to have a beer with before I died.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have..., March 6, 2013
Anyone interested in the universe around us seen through the eyes of the most brilliant man alive should own this DVD. Hawking puts as much knowledge as he does curiosity in the mind of the viewer. A scientist or layperson, either way, the viewer will walk away from this awesome documentary with a greater understanding of what makes our universe a vast and wondrous place to live.

4.0 out of 5 stars dvd, March 5, 2013
The dvd was in an good quality. He send it very fast. The price was good. I did not see any problem with it.

‹ Previous | 14 5 610 | Next ›

Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking [Blu-ray]
Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking [Blu-ray] by Stephen Hawking (Blu-ray - 2012)
$14.98 $9.67