5.0 out of 5 stars The best Vietnamese cookbook I have ever seen!
Being a Vietnam-born Vietnamese American, I know and love Vietnamese food. When my family moved to America, it became a struggle to find ingredients and recreate the traditional Vietnamese dishes. Because I learned how to cook in America, I am more used to the American equipment, measurement, ingredients, etc. This is why I have always tried to look for Vietnamese recipes...
Published on January 6, 2007 by Jupmeister

3.0 out of 5 stars good instructions, but bland recipes
I bought this book based on 4 and 5 stars reviews, so I thought it would be a great cookbook, but it's just so so. I was born and grew up in VN, and my grandma and mom are excellent cooks, so I know how authentic Vietnamese food taste like. A good food blog writer recommended this book, so I expected the recipes to taste good as long as I follow the instructions well. So...
Published on February 25, 2012 by butterflew

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook!, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors (Hardcover)
My new daughter-in-law just arrived from Vietnam, and we have had great fun pouring over the pages of this cookbook. The guide to herbs has already helped us begin to understand the intricacies and flavors of Vietnamese cooking. We look forward to using this for many years!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, January 16, 2013
Thoughtfully written and wonderful recipes. This book explains a lot about Vietnamese cooking, and would be great for any beginner wanting to try their hand at Vietnamese food!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding book!, January 6, 2013
Even my daughter-in-law who was born in Vietnam likes this book, and she is the best cook I have ever met! My husband is the chef at home, and he loves to cook these beautiful recipes. Everything we have tried is wonderful! Whether you purchase this as a gift or for yourself, you cannot go wrong with this beautiful book! Andrea Nguyen is a top-notch chef, and a great teacher!

5.0 out of 5 stars into the vietmanese kitchen, December 15, 2012
A beautiful book with most interesting comments and lots of history included. a wonderful purchase after a trip to vietnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, November 22, 2012
Excellent book. Ease of use. A lot of good and genuine stuff from vietnam that you can mimic right in your own kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes and modern interpretation, November 9, 2012
I would have liked to give this a five star, but being a cookbook, it was lackluster in the picture department. Despite that, the recipes are a treasure. Many can attest that some of these recipes are guarded secrets, but am so glad to finally see them and use them. The book in itself is very in depth with deep cultural knowledge and respect. Off to the kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, October 14, 2012
Before I bought a Vietnamese cookbook, I first browsed a selection of them. I'm glad I picked this one because it's very helpful for somebody who is not Vietnamese. I enjoyed reading the introduction about Ms. Nguyen's move to the United States and her experiences with American culture. She includes a section that explains the ingredients used in her recipes and how to shop for the best ones. I made my first recipe tonight, and it was a huge success, thanks to the easy and precise directions that Ms. Nguyen gives. Even my children enjoyed it!

3.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, September 19, 2012
This is a beautifully laid our book with delicious and mouthwatering recipes.
The recipes are easy to follow and the photography 1s world class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook oil, September 18, 2012
Excellent service, great cookbook and great price. It has some different recipes that are welcomed for this great , light cuisine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, May 18, 2012
This book is a must have for anyone interested in cooking Vietnamese at home. The first section tells you about the ingredients you will be using. Then it moves on to a short section on equipment. The book then goes in appitizers, soups, poultry, fish, meats and so on. I am going to try and cook every recipe from this book. The food pictures are not as numerous as I like but they are very well done.
Buy this book and you will not be dissapointed.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 | Next ›

Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors
Into the Vietnamese Kitchen: Treasured Foodways, Modern Flavors by Andrea Nguyen (Hardcover - October 1, 2006)
$35.00 $23.75