Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2009 1:50:38 AM PDT
Eric Edwards says:
Does anyone know why the "Rock the Dragon" from cartoon network, theme music isn't on any of these new sets or why the ending music and credits don't change over time to the more high tempo music that I love? Was it an issue of rights to the music or was it just a preference that the creators did?

Posted on Jul 18, 2009 9:11:58 PM PDT
Eric Widel says:
The reason for is this, is that FUNimation no longer wants to use this due to its... cheesy, 90's-esque sound. FUNimation, from what I can tell, seems to want to market it to a more mature audience. As you can tell from the Season set trailers as well as the music on the DVD menus, they're trying to go for a, "hardcore, mature heavy metal" marketing strategy with these sets. I think having "Rock the Dragon" theme (which, by the way, hasn't been used since the old Ocean Group dub and once in the first Budokai game) would undermine such marketing.

Hope this answers your question.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009 1:09:37 PM PDT
Because these sets are the FUNIMATION dub, not the old Saban/Pioneer one. Rock the Dragon was part of the Haim Saban/Shuki Levy score that went with the old dub.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2010 11:35:24 PM PDT
Nemesis-489 says:
Aw what a load of crap that is then, I was looking forward to the full US release of the series (well the 'Rock the Dragon' theme edits anyway)...
Nostalgia was the whole reason I started buying these to watch again, kinda ruined it when I heard whatever it was they put on here (were they from another US edit?). And didn't Faulcner have his own productions or something? How come they didn't just get the rights from him?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about