Amazon Exclusive: Eric Keller’s Top 10 Cool Uses for ZBrush
1. Blendshape Facial Targets: Create blendshape facial targets for characters for animation in Maya using ZBrush - it's fast and easy!
2. Tiling Textures: Use ZBrush to create tiling textures for 3D objects.
3. Normal and Displacement Maps: Use ZBrush to create normal and displacement maps - it's superior to Maya's native difference map generator.
4. Texture Maps: Paint texture maps directly on characters and 3D objects.
5. Illustrations: Craft amazing illustrations with ZBrush's 2.5D painting tools.
6. Compositing: Render separate passes of an object from ZBrush with different materials applied for compositing in Photoshop.
7. Sculpting: Add ZApplink to ZBrushes' sculpting power with Photoshop and Painter brushes.
8. Material Capture: Design specialized materials based on objects in photographs with ZBrush's Material Capture tool.
9. Modeling: Build digital models for 3D printing and fabrication.
10. Character Creation: Shape the most amazing characters and creatures possible using ZBrush's revolutionary digital sculpting tools.
From the Back Cover
Create Hyper-Realistic Digital Models
If you want to take advantage of one of the hottest CGI tools available, Introducing ZBrush is the perfect place to start. Professional Hollywood animator and ZBrush artist Eric Keller dispels any anxieties beginners might have by offering the careful, step-by-step instruction you need to soon feel right at home with this revolutionary software.
Each chapter explains core concepts, then reinforces them with fun, hands-on tutorials that will amaze you with your growing ability to create hyper-detailed, realistic, organic sculptures on your computer. From creating illustrations in 2.5 dimensions to sculpting with digital clay, you'll master ZBrush's powerful tools for creating fantastic images and 3D models for use in animation programs, such as 3ds Max and Maya.
Understand ZBrush's unique painting and sculpting technology
Take a tour of the innovative ZBrush interface and tools
Master 2.5D painting, digital sculpting, and texture painting
Learn how to set lighting, create materials, and render in ZBrush
Go through a production pipeline, from modeling to rendering to exporting models, textures, and displacement maps
Transfer your ZBrush creations into Maya and other 3D applications for use in film, games, and illustration
VALUABLE COMPANION DVD
The DVD includes example files and models to help guide you through each lesson as well as ZBrush Macro scripts and movies to show you the sculpting process used in each chapter. It also includes a trial version of ZBrush 3.1 for the Microsoft Windows operating system.
See all Editorial Reviews
Learn ZBrush's Material Capture technology to create surfaces from photographs
Work with subtools to create creature sculptures from multiple objects
Use lighting and rendering in ZBrush to create 2.5D compositions