From the Back Cover
A proven instructional teaching methodin a format you can use.
Direct Instruction is a system of teaching that focuses on controlling all the variables that affect the performance of students. From DI lessons appropriate for specific content areas to assessment techniques and school-wide strategies, this book provides a clear overview to this successful and timely instructional strategy.
- Includes coverage of all academic areas with formats of actual Direct Instruction programs.
- Covers commercially available programs written by Siegfried Engelmann and colleagues.
- Explores the curricular and instructional elements central to Direct Instruction, and explores ways that teachers can extend the principles of DI to new lessons and content information.
- Discusses school-wide strategies and techniques, explaining how to produce effective school implementation through coaching, supervision, and tutoring.
- Provides direction on how to assess classroom and school-wide application of Direct Instruction.
- Each chapter is written by an expert in the Direct Instruction field, putting this text on the cutting edge of DI information.