Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 5, 2007
If this book is required for your anthropology course, then you're in luck! I appreciate that the authors genuinely enjoy the subject matter, and that it comes through in their writing.

The book is very well organized. You can look forward to chapters of reasonable length -- usually 25 to 30 pages, at most. There are lots of colourful pictures and diagrams, though some flowcharts seem like page fillers to me. The margins are used for definitions of new key words and concepts, a very useful feature.

Aside: There's a little bit of "handwaving" in the early chapters introducing concepts of genetics. That's unfortunate, but necessary at the same time. So if you're interested in the details, I encourage you to pick up a genetics textbook (I liked Concepts of Genetics), or better yet, take a genetics course.

There are certainly debates and controversies in the field. This makes sense, since there are so many unknowns. I appreciate that the authors make mention of differing perspectives and points of view when appropriate.
on September 20, 2008
This text was used in my Intro to Biological Anthropology course and I found it to be very useful and interesting. The sections on evolution and genetics are very similar to the material covered in Campbell/Reece's widely used Biology text. I often found myself skimming through chapters that weren't even assigned for class because the material was so fascinating. Key terms are conveniently located in the margins of the text for easy flash card making and studying.
on February 15, 2009
I felt this book was a bit dummied down, which made it very easy to read. As a required text for Anthropology 101, it served it's purpose very well. All required subjects for the course were covered. Not a bad book.
on June 28, 2013
This is required reading for most physical anthropology students, but it's interesting enough to keep you excited about learning. I still keep this book for reference and it was very helpful. The chapters are short and it's easy to find what you're looking for.

-Kris Noel
Lionhead (Volume 1)
The Serenity Compound
on September 11, 2013
I would order from Everett's Book Shop again! To my surprise, their product was shipped and received within days of my order. The book I ordered was in excellent condition and just as the comments stated when ordering. There was a little curling on the front cover, otherwise, excellent condition. I am a completely satisfied customer, thank you Everett's!
on September 13, 2009
I have read this book and it really helped me understand evolution. It is a great book that is easy to read and understand.
on September 12, 2009
Pretty straight forward, this textbook has lots of great information and definitely gives important facts in a simple fashion. It also does a great job of describing the numerous facets of the theory of evolution.

awesome text
on October 2, 2013
Not bad for a used text book! Someone actually took the time to erase previous markings. It got here just in time so that I could begin using it in class! Thank you!
on March 19, 2013
Nothing special but good for your assigned readings. I found the material dull in the book and better received from my professor. Good for an online course though .
on September 11, 2009
The shipping was done in a timely matter. It arrived right when it was suppost to. The book was in excellent condition when I recieved it. It looked brand new! I recommend this seller.