From the Back Cover
The field of statistical quality control and improvement is moving quickly, but one text keeps the pace. Douglas Montgomery's modern introduction to SQC prepares readers for professional practice with up-to-date coverage of the most current techniques and procedures, as well as more traditional methods. His new Fourth Edition is completely Updated with the latest developments in the field, new examples, and integrated and expanded coverage of computer software such as Minitab and Excel. Readers will learn how to apply state-of-the-art techniques for statistical process monitoring and control, design experiments for process characterization and optimization, conduct process robustness studies, and implement quality management techniques such as the six-sigma approach.
- All basic SPC methods involving Shewhart control charts as well as techniques for process and measurement systems capability analysis are conveniently integrated in Part II.
- coverage intermediate and advanced methods for process monitoring and control, including cusum and EWMA control charts, short- run SPC, monitoring autocorrelated processes, multivariate process monitoring, and process monitoring with feedback adjustment is presented in Part III.
- Includes new material on implementing quality improvement techniques, such as the six-sigma initiative.
- Comprehensive coverage of the subject ranges from basic principles to state-of-the-art applications.
- Emphasizes statistical techniques in the context of a strong engineering and management orientation.
- Many examples and exercises in the book utilize date from real applications.
Now available with SPC and DOX for ExcelTM Educational Version 2.0 SPC and DOX for Excel software, Educational Version 2.0 (ISBN: 0-471-39412-2) is an essential tool for users of Montgomery's INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICAL QUALITY CONTROL. This Microsoft® Excel add-in application provides integrated statistical process control (SPC ) and design of experiment (DOX) functionality within a spreadsheet. The Educational Version is time-limited with full industrial functionality, and is compatible with Windows® and Macintosh® systems. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
Dr. Montgomery has research and teaching interests in engineering statistics including statistical quality control techniques, design of experiments, regression analysis and empirical model building, and the application of operations research methodology to problems in manufacturing systems. He has authored and coauthored many technical papers in these fields and is an author of eleven other books. Dr. Montgomery is a Fellow of the American society for Quality control, a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, a Fellow of the royal statistical society, and a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers. He is a Stewart Medalist of the American society for Quality Control, and has also received the Brumbaugh Award, the William G. Hunter Award, and the Shewell Award from the ASQC. He is a recipient of the Ellis R. Ott Award. He is a former editor of the Journal of Quality Technology, the Current editor of Quality and Reliability Engineering International, and serves on the editorial boards of several journals.--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.