Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Introvert's Guide to Success in Business and Leadership
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 21, 2011
What I absolutely love about The Introvert's Guide to Success in Business and Leadership is that Lisa understands what it's like to be an introvert in the business world. She doesn't talk about how we introverts need to 'overcome our weaknesses', but rather she makes us realize that we have natural advantages that we can leverage to help us in our careers!

For example, as an introvert I absolutely HATE networking. If I am at an event, after a day or so, I become drained, I *need* to be alone and to get away from the crowd. I used to think this was simply me being anti-social, but Lisa explains that as introverts we NEED this time to ourselves to recharge. I don't want to give away the rest of the section, but she tells us introverts how to network in a way that makes perfect sense, and she gives us examples of how she's used these methods to benefit her in her own career.

From networking to interviewing to leading others, and so much more, every area Lisa covers is written from the introvert's point of view. This is OUR book, for introverts, written by a highly successful introvert! At 60+ pages, this ebook would be an absolute steal at twice the price. If you are an introvert that's serious about succeeding in your career on YOUR terms, invest $7.99 in this book. You can thank me later ;)
on June 14, 2012
Lisa Petrilli's book is, in IMHO, a short, well-intentioned, waste of time.
She simply doesn't have enough experience to be writing a book. She repeatedly brings up the one conference that she attended for introverts, and she tells you over and over about how she met her business partner at this conference. She tries very hard to explain how there is hope, and light at the end of the tunnel. You just need to work towards it.

But chapter after chapter reads the same and I was very, very bored. Perhaps I might read another book by her
after she has put in another 15 years of research on this topic.

I'm currently reading Susan Cain's Quiet. Now if you want to read a book with lots of interesting research (both scientist's studies and author's research), facts and ideas, that's the place to go. If you want a cheer-me-up pep talk enforced by repetition, read Lisa's book.
on April 2, 2012
As a new author, the world of marketing overwhelms me, and I found less help than I'd hoped for in this book. It addresses the challenges of surviving and even thriving in a corporate business and doesn't speak directly to the problems of jumping solo into the business world. The solid principles she gives for networking and her good suggestions for accepting and working with introverted characteristics can be applied to any situation, so it's not without merit, but because of its short length and the lack of help for small businesses I believe it's a little overpriced and have rated it three stars.
on November 22, 2011
As a small business owner and manager of a staff of over 20 unique and diverse personalities and working styles, I highly recommend reading "The Introvert's Guide to Success in Business and Leadership." Not only does it help you to realize the huge positives about being in introvert in business if you are one, but it helps all managers understand how to better manage introverts on your staff. This is a must read for introverts wanting to maximize their potential in business and the managers who lead them.
on November 26, 2011
Lisa's book is so important. I have coached and trained on leadership development for a long time and am often surprised and disheartened at how non-introverts view introverts' capabilities. I even had one client go so far as to say that he didn't know introverts could be leaders (I had pointed out to him that I, an introvert, was leading the class...).

Thusly, I am particularly pleased that Lisa included a bonus section titled, "The Extraverts Guide to Leading Introverts." If I had not had some insightful leaders in my past that saw what I had to offer and encouraged me, I might not have enjoyed the success I have. Introverts have so much to offer and everyone needs to know it!
on August 31, 2012
For the ones already tired of extrovert's hints on Networking and Leadership. Very useful and objective. Recommend this ebook because it provides solutions without proposing the introvert to change inner, very personal and valuable characteristics.
on July 24, 2012
- I have never realized what makes me different to extraverts and the information in the book was valuable to me.
- It empowered me to me more effective in how I communicate with people at work.
- My self-worth increased because I realized I am not worse than a successful introvert, but different and can be as successful as them.
- I loved the vibe of this book: kindness, positive approach and encouraging the reader to create a better world for himself and others.
on November 17, 2012
According to the author, this book came from a collection of blog pieces about being an introvert. After paying for the book and reading it in about an hour, I was somewhat disappointed. It repeated the same points throughout the book under different chapter titles. I'm not sure if this was intentional as a way to hammer home the point, or if it was a means to add more page numbers for the EBook, especially with all the random pictures of pointless things like flowers and candles? Overall, not worth buying.
on February 15, 2012
No one would call me an introvert. I'm the person who will almost always choose the room where I know no one over the room where everybody knows your name. But I also have the (introvert's) need for a close circle of friends and a lot of "me" time.

In The Introvert's Guide to Success in Business and Leadership, Lisa Petrilli makes clear that the introvert-extrovert divide isn't clear cut--and that many of us share traits from both categories. We need to understand these, and understand how to use our strengths to thrive.

The book is, at heart, a primer for introverts on how to thrive at work. But Petrilli also offers advice for managing the introverts on your team (including, perhaps, yourself), including giving them time to think and not assuming that quiet equates to not having anything to say.

The Introvert's Guide to Success is a quick read, but it's one packed with information to help introverts thrive in the office, in the boardroom, and while looking for that next great opportunity. Whether you're an introvert yourself or just work with (and/or manage) them, you'll learn something about leadership, networking, managing and motivating employees, and more.
on November 22, 2011
We often have a caricature in our minds when we think of effective leaders. And that image does not typically include room for introverts. Yet, introverts are some of the most gifted and successful leaders we have, with great capacity for discernment and motivation. Lisa Petrilli helps us understand what makes introverts tick, and how the quieter and more thoughtful among us can be encouraged to take on high-profile roles in any organization. As a fellow leader/introvert who has seen Lisa's highly personable leadership style in action, I highly recommend this book, not only for the introverted among us, but also for everyone who has the privilege of working with them.