3,982
Platform for Display: PC DownloadChange
Price:$60.00 - $99.99

on October 27, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DiscVerified Purchase
I've been using Quicken since 1999, and while every release I've owned has had serious flaws, Quicken 2014 Deluxe is by far the worst. If it wasn't the only software package compatible with my bank's online banking service, I would have dumped it a decade ago. My last version was Q2011 Deluxe, but since support for each version is discontinued after three years--and when that happens, it won't connect to any bank online anymore--I bought Q2014 to prepare for the end of the 2011 version. But after just three days with this almost-unusable piece of garbage, I'm back to 2011 again. Some of the issues I encountered:

1) It doesn't just register the software once per installation; it requires registration for every individual bank account file you use with Quicken. I have three accounts, and use Quicken on two PCs, which meant I had to register the new software SIX TIMES before installation was complete.

2) The font size settings do not work correctly. I have my display set to 150% text size instead of the default 125%, but even though that worked fine with Q2011, in Q2014 it makes the register ridiculously large, even with the smallest font (8-point) selected in Quicken's own settings. (I've heard this is not a problem if you set your display to the smallest text size--100%--in Windows, but that makes everything else much too small on my 1080P laptop display.)

3) The entire program is unstable and crashes repeatedly. One of the simplest functions--entering a transaction manually--caused the program to crash, and when I restarted it the transaction had been lost. When I tried to re-enter it the program crashed again, and this time it corrupted the file so badly that it would never open again, and had to be restored from a recent backup. Later I discovered that any attempt to use the search function would cause the program to crash as well. The first time I think I got one word entered in the search box before it crashed; subsequent attempts never allowed me to enter more than three characters before the whole program would crash again. At that point I gave up, uninstalled Q2014, and reinstalled the 2011 version.

Besides all this, Quicken still refuses to fix existing bugs that have been in their program for years. One example: I reported a bug in the Cash Flow Comparison report several times back around 2005. Quicken support never responded, nor did they ever fix the bug--it has remained in every update of every version all the way through Quicken 2014. Quicken is the only software I've ever owned that seems to get worse instead of better with each new release.

This might be the push I needed to finally give up Quicken for good. Unfortunately, since the demise of Microsoft Money there are no other personal finance programs except Quicken that work with most online banking services. I may just have to start using online bill-pay through my bank's website rather than through Quicken, then manually download the account transactions to the register on my PC. Just about anything would be better than having to suffer through the progressively-worse versions of this garbage software.

UPDATE 3/30/2014: Latest version is still unstable.

Quicken 2014 has been updated several times since my original review (it's now up to Release 7) so I decided to try it again. I installed it from the original disk, then ran the update to download the latest release, at which point it just froze on a blank screen. It apparently finished downloading and installing the update, but instead of telling me that or returning me to the program, it just locked up and would not respond. I finally had to forcibly shutdown the program and restart.

Later I tried to download transactions from my bank and it froze again. Once more I had to forcibly close the program--but at least when I reopened it my downloaded transactions were there. It doesn't happen every time; I was able to successfully download transactions at least a couple times before the latest failure. But when it does freeze up, the only way out is a forcible shutdown of the program.

Quicken still hasn't fixed the font size bug that I mentioned in my earlier review, even though others have been reporting it since the bug first showed up in last year's version. Nor have they fixed the error in the Cash Flow Comparison report that I mentioned, even though they've known about it for at least nine years! And Q2014 R7 still made me go through the software registration process several times--once for each bank account I use, rather than once per installation as it should.

Release 7 is more stable than the original version of Q2014, but that's not saying much--it's still MUCH worse than Q2011. If it wasn't the only software that my bank allows for their online banking and bill payment services, and if Quicken didn't force us to upgrade by removing support for old versions every three years, I would return this useless garbage and never buy anything from Intuit again.
1919 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Dan,
Thank you for your feedback-we are always working to improve our product-I will be sure to pass this to our development team for consideration in a future release. You can also contact our customer service team - just fill out the information here to contact us: http://quicken.intuit.com/go/contactsupport

on December 31, 2013
Platform for Display: PC Download
I do not recommend purchasing this product. I was running Quicken Deluxe 2011 and decided to upgrade so I don't get too far out of date. I now have no working version on my computer.

When I attempt to open Quicken Deluxe 2014 I get an error box and when I close the box, Quicken closes. Essentially, it just won't open. I tried to troubleshoot on Google and Quicken forums. I ran a fix on .NET Framework since that was recommended. I downloaded the QcleanUI and MSIClean32 utilities to fully uninstall all Quicken programs and then re-installed. Quicken Deluxe 2014 just won't open. I keep getting the same error.

I sent the error report to Quicken/Intuit as is recommended. I even did the online chat support since this was after hours. I believe I spent two to three hours with the online chat support person. In the end they had me submit the error reports and Windows log for further review.

At this point I just want my money back and I'm hoping I have the Quicken Deluxe 2011 disk so I can re-install that.

UPDATE on 12-31-2013: I did still have my Quicken Deluxe 2011 disk so I re-installed it. I got an error the first time I opened. I forgot that the 2014 install had converted my .QDF file to the new format. I just had to pull out the old 2011 .QDF file. Then the next time I tried to open I got some other kind of error (sorry, I didn't notice what it was). But then I tried one more time to open and it opened. It appears to be fine. I did some investment updates and the data looks okay.

I'm still going to pursue a refund. I've already spent approximately four hours trying to get 2014 to work (including the two to three hours with the online chat support person). And from the reviews that state there's not much (if any) new functionality, I just don't think it's worth the time and frustration. I'll consider upgrading next year because I don't like to get too far behind on versions.

UPDATE on 01-02-2014: I decided to call Intuit to request my refund. I wasn't sure if they'd authorize it any other way, so I just figured I'd start that way. In order to get a phone number you have to fill out an online form with your question and e-mail address. For my "question" I stated I wanted a refund since I couldn't get it to install / start properly. They then gave me an 800 number to call along with an incident number to reference. When I called I got put ON HOLD FOR ALMOST AN HOUR (LITERALLY... OVER 50 MINUTES). I finally had to hang up because I had other things to do. I will have to call back. I am considering just working through my credit card company to reject the charge.

My software experience was extremely frustrating. But I think my customer service experience has been even worse. I really think I gave this a lot of effort (over four hours trying all sorts of fixes to get the software installed and running) and patience being on phone hold.

UPDATE on 01-06-2014: I am stuck at home today due to bad weather so I had the chance to call again to ask for my refund. I can't really do this at work. I was on hold for 10 minutes and got through to a person. The Rep had no problem processing my refund (I have to believe they're doing a lot of this). HOWEVER... they said they could not refund the sales tax I paid. I know that at this point that's really nit-picky (it was $1.88), but I don't think I've ever returned something and not been refunded the sales tax. I feel bad that I got a bit upset and was speaking harshly to the Rep (it's not his call, not his fault), but it seemed pretty stinky to me. I pulled myself together an apologied to him, but I can't believe they're not going to refund my sales tax.

In a nutshell, I'm glad to be done with this experience. I think over the next few months I'll do some research for a new personal finance tool. I've only been using Quicken since I installed Deluxe 2011. Before that I was using Microsoft Money. I started using it around 1997 (I think) and really liked it. But they quit issuing new versions and didn't support it anymore. But this is the world we live in... ever changing. Thanks for following my experience... I hope it has helped others.

UPDATE on 05-18-2014: I am still looking for a replacement for Quicken but haven't settled on anything yet. I have been researching free software such as gnucash and paid software such as AceMoney and YNAB (you need a budget). One of the issues with most, if not all, of these pieces of software is the inability to download updates for retirement accounts. I like the ease of doing that with Quicken. However... as of April 30, 2014 I lost that ability with Quicken 2011 (which I had to go back to running when Quicken 2014 turned out to be a bust). So maybe it's not so much of an issue now. Some of the reading I've done also talks about some of the software tools not having the category management that Quicken does. I'm really dependent on categorizing because I run lots of reports and do ad-hoc queries for purchases. I've been using MS Money/Quicken since around 1998 so I have a lot of historical data that I want to continue querying and building.

One thing I liked about AceMoney was it sounded like it had somewhat robust functionality. The thing I didn't like it that it's more of an "international" software. One thing I liked about YNAB was it sounds like it's "homegrown" (start-up from people in Utah) but it might not have as much functionality. As for gnucash... I haven't done too much research yet. Ultimately I'm a creature of habit. Once I start using something I don't like to switch. I have some technical knowledge, but it's just a hassle. So I might end up using Quicken for a while longer.

So for right now I'm continuing to use Quicken 2011 and simply update my retirement accounts manually (using a single / high-level number instead of details per account). It's not terrible. And I do enjoy a lot of the other functionality it provides.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 7, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
I had high hopes that 2014 would at long last bring with it an improved mobile companion app for desktop Quicken that fully supported investment, loan and other asset accounts. Instead, the only "new" functionality that was offered was "receipt capture" and a few miniscule improvements to the desktop version of the app itself. Lack of a full-featured app or version for either iOS or OSX is difficult to account for, given their widespread use.

The 2013 and 2014 Quicken mobile app provides basic syncing ability between desktop Quicken and cash accounts, and some budget support. For some inexplicable reason, the 2014 app is only available after one pays Intuit its annuity payment of $60-100, depending upon the version used. Investment, loan and other asset accounts are not supported in the 2013 or 2014 releases of the app. Which begs the question: why bother to upgrade at all, or even use the app?

Mint provides much more robust support for one's financial life by supporting all asset and liability classes. Although it doesn't sync with desktop Quicken directly, it can be configured to mirror Quicken accounts by using similar names, asset types, etc., and including static accounts - e.g., property value, autos, etc. It would be preferable if the two could be synced directly, but mirroring accounts works well enough. And it's free.

In terms of the desktop Quicken 2014 upgrade, save your money and don't bother. Apart from a few welcome technical changes - a long overdue upgrade from .Net 2.x to 4.0 is the main one - little else has changed. If you are using an older version that no longer downloads bank or securities information, you may want the upgrade. If this isn't important to you or you're using the 2012 and 2013 versions, the upgrade is hard to justify, unless you enjoy frittering money away.

I'd offer Intuit one other piece of friendly advice. I've been a desktop Quicken user since 1990 and have depended upon it to such an extent that it is the only reason I maintain the Windows version on a Parallels VM, hosted on my MacBook Air. The Mac products should have been put out of their misery years ago because of their limited functionality and Intuit's general lack of support for the Mac. I've tired of the Parallels and Windows bloatware, and of Intuit's lack of a full featured upgrade for the Mac since 2007 (yes, 2007!). I've sought alternatives, and there are now some very credible alternatives to desktop Quicken.

Similarly, in the iOS world, Intuit's lack of interest in this platform, apart from Mint, is hard to fathom. The Mac alternatives I mentioned offer full featured iOS companion apps that in several cases do sync between the desktop and iOS versions, AND support investment, loan and other accounts. If these alternatives can do it, with resources that are likely much more limited than Intuit's, why can't you? And, Intuit's Quickbooks, TurboTax and other products do offer excellent OSX and iOS support. Hard to understand, then, the Quicken offerings.

I hope Intuit listens to what I know have been many similar complaints from other users, as there are other alternatives if it doesn't.

Edited on 20 Oct 2013:

I didn't expect my review to draw the number of responses it has received or comments. This update is intended to elaborate further on my remarks above and to recommend some alternatives.

1. Quicken 2014 upgrade from 2013 - I didn't make my remarks without trying the product. I didn't experience any significant problems with upgrade process, although my Quicken file is ~ 400MB. Updates downloaded for my accounts seem to be much faster than in the 2013 version, and the periodic hesitation evident in the 2013 and earlier releases isn't as apparent in Q2014. Tax tables have been updated, but that is the extent of any obvious improvement.
2. Investment support - call me old-fashioned if you will, but I believe every investment portfolio should have a significant allocation for precious metals. There is no support at all in Q2014 or earlier releases for PMs, despite numerous feature requests for it.
3. Investment return calculations - I don't why, but Quicken's estimate of my rate of return differs significantly from that of my 401K trustee and my own spreadsheet, which I built with the help of a CFA.
4. Mobile app - I commented on Quicken's offering above, and have been trying an excellent, full-featured iPad app that could be used as a standalone app, or as a companion to the OSX version. "IBank for iPad" by IGG offers full support for investments, loans and other asset classes, as well as direct downloads for bank, credit card and other accounts with online access. It isn't perfect, but considering that it is its initial release, one would give it 4 out of 5 stars. The OSX product has been released for several years and is very good. It, too, lacks some features, but as an alternative the running QFW on a Win XP/Parallels VM, it is far superior.
5. WinXP - continued use of this as an O/S after April 2014 should give anyone using it cause for concern. After that date, Microsoft will cease providing security patches for XP. I am an IT professional and have been urging clients to prepare for their migrations ASAP. For OSX users, their choices will either be an upgrade to Windows 7 or if they're masochistic, Windows 8, if they choose to continue running QFW on OSX. Otherwise, begin planning an exit strategy.
6. Quicken for Mac update - there are periodic reports in Quicken's Support Community of a update for Quicken 2007, but no sign of any impending beta testing. It is also far from certain what data coil be migrated to an OSX version, given Quicken's inexplicable use of different file formats for Windows and OSX. A hint from "Quicken Tamara" that we "might" see something in February - which year wasn't stated - but since that comment appeared, no other mention of a release date.
7. Migration strategy - absent the ability to migrate QFW directly to most OSX alternative, e.g., attachments can't be brought across, the safest strategy is probably to run QFW and an OSX replacement in parallel until Intuit's strategy for OSX becomes more apparent, or, one becomes comfortable with an OSX replacement. This does create additional work, but the advantage is that one's QFW file will be current if iOS or OSX replacements aren't what a user wants.
8. Cloud option - it is possible that Quicken could be offered as a hosted service, which Intuit already does for QuickBooks, Turbotax and other products. This won't appeal to those with data privacy concerns, but as one who deploys virtual desktops for thousands of users for a large life sciences company, this alternative has many advantages and few downsides. However, there is no indication that Intuit plans on doing so anytime soon.
9. Quicken user interface - this is, indeed, something that needs a lot attention. One can only conclude that lack of credible alternative products and a confused product strategy - consider what Intuit could have done with Mint, but didn't - have led to inertia on Intuit's part in terms of meaningful product enhancements. Compare QFW to iBank, MoneyDance and other alternatives for what could be done. Many of Quicken's problems are the customer base's perception of its tired UI, a public accustomed to beautiful apps on the iPad and a business model that prioritizes gratuitous annual upgrades with little in the way of improved functionality over meaningful design changes and new services, many of which (cloud hosting) could improve earnings more than the current cycle of annoying annual upgrades.
10. Conclusion - there is not a single approach for every user. Some want a Windows release, others an OSX version and still others a mobile version. What is clear to me from comments posted here and elsewhere is that many of Quicken's users use it because they have to, and lack of alternatives. The latter will diminish in time, and with it, Quicken's installed base.

Edit 25 Oct 2013

For Mac users using Quicken for Windows with Parallels, be aware that if you upgrade to OSX Mavericks you will also need to upgrade to Parallels 9. Previous releases of Parallels aren't supported by Mavericks. So, in addition to paying for a Quicken upgrade of dubious value, Parallels 9 will cost you $49-89 more.

Edit 5 Jan 2014

I have migrated my use of Quicken to iBank 5, which is an excellent product and directly comparable to Quicken 2014, but with much stronger support for mobile platforms (excellent iPad app). Best of all, I can run iBank without need for Windows virtualization s/w and a full install of Windows.

I tried to convert my Quicken file using iBank's import process, but it was a miserable failure. In the end, I set up a new file from scratch using Quicken account summaries. Overall, the time spent setting up iBank wasn't excessive, and it allowed me to become conversant with the product. It is a pleasure to use, especially the investment functionality and iPad app. I will keep my Quicken installation for seven years for tax and other purposes.

The above is only for OSX users, but my criticism of the Windows version remains. Quicken, as a product, has seen little innovation in the past 5 years, has serious shortcomings from an investment perspective, poor mobile support and its user interface is in serious need of a major facelift.
136136 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Bernard,
Thank you for your feedback-we are always working to improve our product-I will be sure to pass this review to our development team for consideration in future product releases.

on January 2, 2014
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
UPDATE 2/16/14: I felt bad that I had left such an intemperate review. After experimenting with Moneydance and finding it lacking both in terms of UI and features I decided to keep Quicken Deluxe 2014 on Windows 7 and Quicken Mobile 2014 on my iOS. I started with a brand-new data file, re-downloaded all of my transactions, and all seemed to be well. I WAS WRONG. As of today the sync between Quicken 2014 desktop and mobile versions "broke" again and they're showing different balances for my checking account. I went to tech support for help and it temporarily fixed the problem, but on the very next sync the balances were off again, this time by a different amount and repeating the steps tech support walked me through isn't helping this time. I upgraded to Quicken 2013 solely for the mobile sync functionality, which never worked correctly. I upgraded to 2014 in hopes that Quicken would fix that, which they haven't. While I regret allowing Intuit's incompetence to anger me to the extent that I used such highly charged language in my original review, I personally will never do business with Intuit again. They have botched two major software releases with bugs that should never have made it out of the alpha, much less beta, stages. They continue to knowingly sell defective software and advertise functionality they do not have the capability to deliver. I will never purchase another product or service from Intuit again.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I am livid with Intuit. I repeat -- LIVID. I have lost hours of productivity to them tonight, and I don't even want to think about how many days -- DAYS! -- of productivity I've lost to the prior version of this product.

I suffered through the unconscionable release of Quicken 2013 desktop and mobile, what with the initial problems with arithmetic errors (that's right -- a financial package that made MATH ERRORS!), duplicate transactions, broken features in the mobile version, and poor syncing. It took them MONTHS to get things right and recently, the sync between Desktop and Mobile 2013 cropped up again.

Knowing from experience that their tech support is only in place because Intuit perversely enjoys wasting its customers' time, I tried some troubleshooting on my own (basically, all the things tech support would've told me to try before throwing up their hands, giving up, and telling me the "labs" were working on it), to no avail. I read in a magazine review that Quicken 2014 didn't really offer any new functionality worth the money but at least it fixed the sync errors between the desktop and mobile versions.

What a fool I was. WHAT A FOOL. Intuit has learned NOTHING since it's botched release of 2013. The company if anything has become more incompetent, more contemptuous of its customers. I installed Quicken 2014 and even tried starting fresh with a brand new data file. I'm still getting duplicate data and the ending balances between desktop and mobile still don't match.

Tried tech support but hey, they're closed for the holiday. It's probably for the best. Their tech support staff is neither technical nor supportive.

I thought Quicken still had a money-back policy but then I learned NOT IF YOU DOWNLOAD VIA AMAZON.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM INTUIT, EVER. Whatever they once were now has been consumed by some awful rot. They are bumblers, incompetents, and charlatans. I'm uninstalling their malware from all of my devices and switching to Moneydance.

You have lost a customer for life, Intuit.

One star only because negative numbers aren't an option. As the kids these days like to say, EPIC FAIL.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 6, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
Like many others I've been using Quicken since the DOS days but after all the negative reviews for the 2013 version I was reluctant to update. I usually upgrade every few years and finally decided to take the plunge for 2014 from 2011. I had no problems at all and I also installed the iPhone and iPad apps without issue. I may not do some of the advanced things others do but for me it was easy. I only gave it 4 stars because although easy, there isn't much new that's important to me over 2011 but I like being current.
2424 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 15, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
I just installed 2014 as an upgrade from 2011. THE ATTACHMENT "VIEWER" IS A *JOKE*!! On a 24 inch monitor it shows a picture of a check about ONE INCH hi by 2.5 INCHES WIDE! If I want to READ the contents I have to click on "open". It then loads the item into my GRAPHICS EDITING PROGRAM!

A PDF of a receipt is WORSE! When I click on the paper clip to open the "viewer", it just shows me an Adobe Acrobat icon. I then have to click on the icon and it opens in Acrobat.

And now I tried clicking on another check attachment and a SMALLER window popped up with a check image about THREE-QUARTERS OF AN INCH HI and 1.5 INCHES WIDE.

GUESS WHAT -- *I ALREADY KNOW IT'S A CHECK!!* How is THAT useful by ANY stretch of the imagination?

GET A CLUE, INTUIT! Software is supposed to be USEFUL. Users don't want to have to go through a whole series of clicks to do ANYTHING. And we don't want to have a FINANCIAL program sending things to all sorts of other programs. A VIEWER should show a USEFUL VIEW.

UPDATE: I WOUND UP UNINSTALLING 2014 AND I REINSTALLED 2011.

UPDATE RE REINSTALLING 2011. Just a warning about THAT. For several months I continued using 2011 and it worked the same as always. Fortunately, I have two copies (same computer), one under Win 7 and one under Win 8 -- using the same data files. I have mainly been using Win 8. A recent auto software update on the Win 8 copy CHANGED HOW 2011 WORKS. Now, for PDF's, even 2011 automatically opens the system's default PDF viewer. It's definitely a software update because I tried the copy installed under Win 7 and that one doesn't do it. (What I'll probably have to do is uninstall and reinstall the Win 8 copy and make sure I only run it off-line so it can't reinstall the update.) (Don't blame Win 8 or the "Metro" interface. Both Win versions are set up with Classic Shell menu, boot directly to the desktop and look and work almost identically.)

RE GOING BACK FROM 2014 TO 2011:

This is to clarify some reviews saying people who went from 2011 to 2014 can't go back. IT DEPENDS. When I initially installed 2014, before doing that I made two complete copies of my data folder on a different hard disk as backups. To go back to 2011, I just renamed the folder that 2014 converted from "Quicken" to "Quicken 2014" and then copied one of the two backups and named that back to "Quicken". I reran the Quicken 2011 installer. Everything installed, and when I opened the program it even immediately found the data--it didn't even ask where it was located even though I don't store it in a default location. Although you can't CONVERT 2014 format to 2011 or open a 2014 data file with 2011, it is NOT true that once you install 2014 it is impossible to use 2011. Of course, if you "jumped in" and didn't bother making appropriate backups -- it's your own fault for being careless.

I only use Quicken to keep my checkbook and I download the QFX files and import them from my computer, so I probably really won't need to update.

TWO SUGGESTIONS FOR THE DEVELOPERS:

1) Put back a viewer like in 2011, at least as an option. People don't want either to see a microscopic image or having files open all over the place in a bunch of different programs. A file viewer that can display PDF's and the common image formats--GIF, PNG, JPG, TIFF--isn't that big a deal.

2) PLEASE change Find and Find and Replace to allow for TWO search parameters. For instance, for years I have paid one place $67 a week by check. It would be a HUGE timesaver to be able to put [Amount exactly 67.00] AND [Payee starts with "Check"]. Instead, I have to search for "Amount exactly 67.00" and then scroll through HUNDREDS of entries where I already changed the Payee name.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Joseph,
Thanks for your feedback - I'm sorry you're having trouble viewing attachments in Quicken. Quicken utilizes the designated default graphics viewer on your system, and the program does show smaller images of what you are going to open prior to opening them, in order to speed up program function. I will be sure to pass this feedback to our development team.

on October 4, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DiscVerified Purchase
Too bad there is not a zero rating available to give this. Does anyone know if there is a competing personal finance software option?
Really, I should not have needed to upgrade... I am not asking Quicken 2010 to connect to my bank. I am happy manually downloading a quicken file from my bank to my hard drive and hand feeding it to Quicken.... but no... that does not fit their business model... So I bought this "not ready for prime time" 2014 version. It converted my old file... and now crashes every time I try to open my checking account data....
But at least it is polite….
Thank you for submitting your report!
Your report ID is 117756621,
and 117756646,
and 117756891,
and so on!!!!
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Honest Abe,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with Quicken - it sounds like there might be issues with your install-if you can, please send more details of your experience to Quicken_CustomerSupport[at]Intuit.com, and I will help in any way I can.

on November 16, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DiscVerified Purchase
Do not upgrade... Read the forums. This version is very unstable and crashes repeatedly. Intuit cannot even narrow down the crashes and thus asks for you to describe your crash in one of the many circumstances being reported. Furthermore, if you switch between windows, the Quicken window loses its focus and the only way to get it back is to use your mouse and click on the window and then the field. I have also found that it reports transactions as reconciled when they are not and that during reconciliation, it will crash, and then when trying to reconcile again, some of the transactions you had marked as cleared are still marked, but others are not. I could go on.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Rodney,
I'm sorry you've experienced this issue with Quicken; we are currently working to fix this issue, and hope to have a resolution ASAP. If you haven't already, and you'd like to be notified when this issue is resolved, please follow the steps relevant to your issue, and sign up on this FAQ: http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/SLN77009.html (please note that this FAQ will be removed when the issue is fixed).

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this,
on October 16, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
After reading all the bad reviews I still bought the software after quicken forced me to upgrade from an older version. Now all my accounts are totally off. It does not show the payments from my checking/savings to the credit card accounts which has created a big imbalance.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Toyz,
Thank you for your feedback-I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Quicken transactions; it could be an issue with the conversion of your data - our customer service team can help you - just fill out the information here to contact us: http://quicken.intuit.com/go/contactsupport

on October 2, 2013
Platform for Display: PC DownloadVerified Purchase
I don't know why I always bother to upgrade every year. Always the releases are too early and buggy. Many of the same issues I had with last year's version. The reports, particularly the ones I took many hours to customize are not working. Reports for Actual v. Budget (the ones that come stock) do not work.... Fills in my budget amounts, but displays NOTHING in actual? WTF??? Setup for the Quicken 2014 App was a huge pain in the a$$. Alot of difficulties connecting to several of my financial institutions. After 2 hours of install, uninstall, activate, deactivate, change logins, etc..... I finally got it to work. And I really don't know why, personally I think the app is a waste of time. Considering the app is a big feature for the upgrade, I would advise most not to waste money on this upgrade.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi George,
I'm sorry you're having trouble with the budget-you should be able to see your actual spending on the budget screen of Quicken by updating your settings. If you can, please send more details to Quicken_CustomerSupport[at]Intuit.com, and I will help in any way I can.