Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

QuickBooks Pro 2014 [Old Version]
Format: SoftwareChange
Price:$349.95+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 15, 2013
Our company has been using QB for many years. We recently installed the 2014 version. Initially we had some installation problems. One of our staff members had to spend on the phone waiting for someone to pickup the call for 2 hours and 30 minutes. As I am writing this review I am waiting now 47 minutes and counting. Someone picked up the phone after 27 minutes and told me I need another department. He transferred my call and I am still waiting. Who will pay for loss of work for so many hours. What good is a great product if you can't get service. Every year we spend good money to purchase the latest version. I personally wouldn't do that except that they don't give you support if you don't pay for the upgrades. But then - what support?

It didn't use to be that way, but we are beginning to think about an alternative. It is now, BTW 54 minutes on the phone without being able to speak to anyone.
3535 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Jay,
I'm sorry to hear about the long wait, this is definitely not what we strive for.

Were you able to get help with the issues you were having? If you still need help please feel free to contact me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com attn: Corie. Please reference your review and your contact information and I will see what I can do to get you in contact with the correct department.

on November 15, 2013
I am an engineer, but not an accountant. My CPA recommended that I use Quickbooks Pro. I am fairly comfortable around computers and software. However, I found this software less than satisfactory. Here are the reasons: 1) It is true that the software is mostly intuitive, but not always. 2) I had purchased the PLUS option with unlimited support. However, the support hours are very limited. Every time I call, there is a 30-60 minute wait. They don't even allow us to schedule a call back. This means we have to hold the call for a very long time. 3) there is no easy way to communicate by e-mail. 4) Some of the tech support people, although friendly, had very poor communication skills. 5) simple corrections in "My Account" profile had to be called in. There is no way to make these corrections yourself. The tech support people did not have the authority to make any changes. So they submit the requested changes to admin. Most promises are never kept. It just does not happen. My company name and primary contact are still wrong after 6 requests. There are two names on the contact list, whom I have never known. No one can remove these names. 6) Quickbooks Pro does not allow you to create Purchase Orders or debit memos, just invoices and credit memos.This is cheating in my opinion.

This portion is added on November 22.

In response to my comments above, Corie from Intuit Customer Care wrote (Nov 18) to assure me that he is very concerned about my frustration and will help. After that, I have sent three different e-mails to Corie suggesting the time for calling. This person is NOT serious. He just goes through the motion. His words don't mean anything. There is NO FOLLOW UP - just empty words. Don't buy this product, don't trust Intuit Customer Care ... Ashok Thakkar
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hello Ashok,
I'm sorry to hear you had long wait time. Were you ever able to get the help you needed? If not, I would like to help you and see what I can do. You can email me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com Attn: Corie. Reference your review and include your contact information.

on November 14, 2013
This product AND company are the worst I have ever encountered in 50 years of working with software. The product (I was forced to upgrade due to typical Intuit lack of backward compatibility with payroll) stinks. I am now on my second round of bugs. Initially the sync manager would not work. I found out that my backups (with their backup server), an add-on that I paid for were not working with the "new" version. Fortunately I had not had a crash but for months I was without any backups. "Customer service" seemed really, really unconcerned about this and wondered why I cared since I had not had a crash. Their only response was that I could "upgrade" to their new improved backup service.

After they supposedly fixed this a couple of months ago, their mailing service ceased to work and customers have not received mailed bills for a couple of months. The help viewer crashes the system. The interface to stamps.com does not work.

Their tech support is a total farce. While they do answer the phone (usual call center in India / Pakistan / Timbuktu) it is as if you are dealing with 15 different companies. One hand quite literally does not know what the other is doing. You are constantly referred to some other division. It seems as if there is no one who knows the product as a whole and the best that they can do is talk you through some lame script that they are given. While it is apparent that there are good people there, the management has structured things so a customer with a finite lifetime has a .0001% chance of getting through to one of those people.

Last but not least, operation of the product (when it does work and does not crash) subjects one to an endless bombardment of up-sell ads. If the product were free, these ads would be acceptable. In the case of a product that was purchased they most certainly are not.

My feeling is that Intuit was once a good company and had a good product -- I have been using it for 10 years. It has steadily gotten worse and worse due to greed and mismanagement. I have stuck with it just because of inertia but I'm afraid it is time to move on....
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 22, 2013
I use QB 2010 Pro. It needs and upgrade according to the pop up messages. It will no longer support one of the banking services. In short QB is forcing me to upgrade. I have resisted because it appears the product line is declining in quality. The ENTIRE LINE! I also am waiting to upgrade my 2 year old version of Quicken for similar reasons.

Please understand I am very familiar with QB, Quicken and Sage 50 (was Peachtree). I have helped people set up many sets of books on each platform. I am NOT an accountant by training. I do have an engineering background and data management formal training. I have used Quick Books in some form since 2000. Peachtree (networked) since 1998 and Quicken since 1988. Yes 1988 on a DOS platform. I easily met the definition of a LOYAL USER --- with OVER 25 years with one product.

While I don't cherish the idea of moving to another software package, I might have to invest in something else. Why? Because Intuit has taken the path of forced upgrades and rotten products.
If you are thinking about moving up to the 2013 or 2014 products, you might want to evaluate competing products. I am.

A business CANNOT afford to wait until the drop-dead date that Intuit imposes on no longer supporting banking transfers. What else are they imposing on you?

I see many other people here are having similar experiences. Come on Intuit.. What happened to the product line you delivered 10 to 20 years ago?
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2013
I called the number that they had given for support even though it was the same number i had called and it kept hanging up on me. so anyway I finally got in touch with the right people about an hour and a half into it. spoke to about 2 other departments and finally came to a conclusion that 2012 doesn't work with windows 8. so I had to purchase 2014 they charged me 179.00. so after that I was done the download the supervisor informed me there was a small fee of 180.00 each additional year. in turn I said absolutely not. I asked to speak to his supervisor was on hold another 25 minutes and then they hung up on me. then called back again waited for 20 more minutes to talk to his supervisor again. needless to say they hung up on me again. called back again..... finally got someone's supervisor and had to have them credit me. I truly believe they have flash cards and when they hear a word on that they generate a poor response not know what you said or your needs the one supervisor is ETMNL0373. HORRIBLE EXPERINCE English is a second language for this company. wasted 4 hours of my day to get beyond angry. NO MY ISSUE WAS NOT RESOLVED if you can avoid buy another product
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 14, 2013
Ok Product - Terrible customer service. Today our company purchased Quickbooks Pro 2014 and have been trying to get it installed for the past 6 hours. After spending 1 hour on there customer support page and following all troubleshooting suggestion, which failed, we called the company and were on hold for 2 hours. We were then assisted by a representative. We gave the representative access to our computers. After 30 minutes, he suggested we redownload the software, saying that is the only possible fix. After doing this it still solved nothing and only made the issue worse. We then were able to get a customer representative on chat fairly quickly but they would not assist and said we had to call. We are now on hold again going on an additional hour for a total of 3 hours on hold. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Brandon,
I'm sorry to hear of the excess wait time. Were you able to get your software installed, up and running? If not and you still need help, please email me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com Attn: Corie. Reference your review and include your contact information. I will see what I can do to get you all up and running.

on October 20, 2013
I should have stayed on my old version of windows xp. This is slow and glitchy on Windows 8.1, software keeps freezing and crashing. I will ever give Intuit another cent of mine in the future. They are the biggest crooks in the software business, and make Microsoft look like Saints.

Intuit forces you to upgrade every three years in order not to lose features you already had. This is the equivalent of if you had a GE fridge, and after three years, they purposely shut off ice maker so you have to buy a new fridge.

Thumbs down to Intuits business model
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hello EDLEE321,
We're sorry to hear your software has been freezing and crashing. I would love to see if I can get you some help with these issues.

When you say "glitchy" what are you experiencing? What action are you trying to do when your software is freezing/crashing? Are you seeing an error message?

Please email me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com Attn: Corie, and provide me with your contact information. Also make sure you reference your review when emailing.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

on November 18, 2013
intuit are crooks you have to upgrade for E mailing every few years when my old quickbooks worked fine for what I need . you want a hundred dollars I will give it to and let me keep my 2010 with e mail . but no,they want 200.00 and change everything so I have to waste time trying to figure out how the new and improved 2014 works
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 30, 2013
I had very bad overall experiences with both Quickbooks and Sage/Peachtree. Surely these aren't the only two small business accounting/payroll providers out there. If so, the market is overdue some new competition. Anyone found a company that doesn't use extortionate billing tactics while providing abismal customer service? Please comment if you have. It looks like there are many of us looking for a decent company to deal with.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Peter,
I would like to hear what bad experiences you have had with QuickBooks and see if I can get the help you need to be successful with your QuickBooks file.

Please email me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com Attn: Corie. Please reference your review when emailing me along with your contact information and a description of your issues.

on November 12, 2013
After over 15 hours with quick books support, over multiple days, they were never able to get this to work correctly on my computer. Yes I ordered the correct software for my windows. 2012 QB pro has worked great on the same computer for years with no issues. At least QB support offered a full refund once I mailed them the software back. I think it was a software issue (bugs) within quick books 2014, and not my computer.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Hi Alex,
I'm curious as to what issues you were having where you couldn't get QuickBooks 2014 to work? I'm sorry to hear you had to return the software.

If you like, please email me at customer_loyalty@intuit.com Attn: Corie. I would like to hear from you, maybe there is something I can help with. Please reference your review when emailing me.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you.