Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll 2012
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 19, 2013
Don't EVER buy the subscription directly from QB themselves as it costs at least twice as much as this product does. And all you have to do is enter the serial number/code from in the box. Don't even have to install the software! Just make sure you set some sort of event/notice on your calendar program to remind yourself to make the purchase again before the time runs out in a year!
on December 10, 2013
I hate Intuit. I cannot overstate how much I hate this company. Worst customer service ever.

The payroll software and annual license fee is a travesty.

Somebody please offer an alternative to QuickBooks and Intuit.
on December 7, 2011
I've been using Quickbooks for all my payroll needs for 6 years. When my small business clients ask for payroll software recommendations, I always lead them towards Quickbooks. I find it very user-friendly for inexperienced users. I love using the payroll liabilities schedule to keep on track since I have around 15 payroll clients.
on February 25, 2014
Intuit makes it nearly impossible to use the Amazon-purchased payroll (at HALF of Intuit's automatic renewal price) to use for renewal. They demand extra fees and refuse to provide any installation help without charging you extra support fees. They also REQUIRE a credit card on file, which no company should be permitted to require as a condition of service. If I die this year they will continue to charge my business credit card year-after-year, forever if they can get away with it. And if I don't, Intuit's storage of my credit card information subjects me and my business to substantial risk that my card data will be hacked - by others or even by Intuit employees. What is needed is a class-action lawsuit against their practice of requiring a credit card on file as a condition of doing business. It's time to interrupt Intuit's unethical business model.
on April 26, 2012
From the title you can see I usually have nothing but grief with Intuit.
this time was actually a good experience.

Before I bought this I called Intuit to verify the upgrade to unlimited was $100.00.
the person confirmed and said when you get the program call 800-624-2106.

Got program in 1 day from Amazon even though I only paid for 2nd day.
Called Intuit before I even tried to install. The person (Chris) asked for my license
number and upgraded to unlimited before I did any install.

For the credit card, I always use a shopsafe number. This is a one time number you can
get from your credit card co (at least with Mastercard). So after the use it, it will not
be able to be used automatically again. I typically use shopsafe numbers for all my
online transactions.

After Chris did this, she stayed on the line while I installed the program. She had me
verify that QB now had an unlimited license, which it did.

To top it off she gave me a 20% discount. I thought it was because I was being courteous
as opposed to how I usually get when dealing with Intuit. When I asked her why she gave
me a discount she said it was because she had to leave me on hold a few times.

If you follow the above steps I think you will find it easy to buy payroll from Amazon with
no hassles.

I find it amazing I give 5 stars for anything having to do with Intuit.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on January 9, 2012
This program certainly is a time saver. Be forewarned, however, that the cost for the annual renewal is almost $400.00. Factor that in when you are considering whether to purchase this product.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Peter. My name is Amy and I'm with our Intuit Payroll Product Team. I'm glad to hear the product is saving you time and apologize for any confusion around renewal pricing. On occasion, we do offer a discount on the first year of service, but it generally renews annually at the regular price; $295 for 1-3 employees and $395 for unlimited employees. We do strive to keep our prices low and Enhanced Payroll continues to be one of the most competitively priced offerings in the payroll market. We hope to keep serving your payroll needs and appreciate the feedback. Thanks
on August 26, 2012
This add-on is functional, and support is almost always very helpful. Thank God for that! The problem is the chunkiness of it (and QB Pro in general), which necessitates those calls or chats, and the unwarranted expense to "renew" the "service".

Intuit sends you an email when your annual subscription is near renewal to inform you that renewal would cost $274, but lucky you!, we raised the price to $295!

So what you have to do is buy Enhanced Payroll at a little more than one third that price and contact support to get help swapping the new registration for the expiring one. A pain in the neck, but at least you can still do it that way. You don't lose any payroll history that way either, because Enhanced Payroll is just a plug-in tool, and it doesn't story any data. Because no data is stored in the module, and (blank) forms are not stored anywhere, you can't regenerate last year end return on the proper form. You are stuck with the current year's form. This is minor but annoying (like many other "little" clunky things in Quickbooks)

Intuit would gain more respect if it would just charge a reasonable renewal fee to keep providing the updates (which are usually minor individual federal or state rate changes). They'd also save a bit on support if they'd make things more contiguous and less greedy.
on December 7, 2011
I am a convert from a Sage software product to Quickbooks. The ease of payroll alone made it worth all the hours that it took to change software. I have used QuickBooks before and liked Peachtree better. That was over 12 years ago, and I have to say, QuickBooks has made leaps and bounds of progression that the other software has not. Hats off to you for making my life easier, my work more efficient and my work less frustrating. I recommend Quickbooks ALL THE TIME to my small business friends.
on February 24, 2012
QuickBooks enhanced payroll is a substantial ($170) savings over an annual renewal with Intuit. However, in order to save, Intuit MUST be called on the telephone in order to receive proper credit for the enhance PR and $100 upgrade for unlimited employees. I was charged a LOT more and it took a lot of time to rectify this matter with their terrible telephone support. The erroneous charges were taken care of and then some, but it took the better part of 3 hours (and a lot of complaining) until the last support person really took the reins. I may just renew through Intuit next year to avoid losing those years on my life. Buyer Beware.
on December 7, 2011
As long as I have Quickbooks, I know they have my back. I don't worry about what taxes need to be paid when. I like programs that are user friendly and that's just what this is. Thanks Quickbooks for a great product.