Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: QuickBooks Pro 2012 [OLD VERSION]
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on January 18, 2013
I have been using intuit's products since the DOS days and was a loyal customer for many years, later transitioning to Quick Books. After reading the many negative reviews, I have to agree that Intuit has evolved into a sneaky marketing goliath. The upgrade game in most situations are fancy dressings with little improvements, with much more bloat and sneaky money policies. Those of you who use QB in their business know what I mean. Their auto renual is nonrevokable if you do not notify them within their policy period not only with QB, but with Demand Force...DF used to be a good product with excellent service until Intuit bought them. Now, like QB, their attitude is very arrogant, and their reps can be very rude, apparently without repercussions. I guess when you dominate the market, you can behave this way with little worry.
on January 23, 2013
I had to have this newer version than the really old one I had because my newer computer would not run the older version. It is equally as useful and I recommend this program to anyone with a small home business. Easy to use and understand too.
on September 3, 2012
We purchased QuickBooksPro 2012 for our non-profit organization - and we are quite satisfied! The download was quick, immediate and efficient.
We are pleased to be able to purchase this program at such a savings. Thanks, Amazon, for making it available to us!
on July 13, 2015
don't like it. It a POS and a huge weight on PCs. Then they cut your services off every three years just to suck more money out of you. They disable online services and force you to purchase a new version
on January 16, 2012
We've been using QB since 2003... the 2012 will not work. Lots of problems that even the QB techs cannot or do not know how to fix. Switching to Peach Tree.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi there. I would like to understand why your QuickBooks Pro 2012 does not work. If you provide me with your contact information, I can have one of our more experiences support representatives assist you to get it working for you. Please email me at markd@intuit.com and let us know how we can help. Since you are a long time customer, we would like to do anything we can to get you up and running. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks for your feedback.
on January 24, 2014
Overall I like the program very much. It has the ability to directly email reports, which has been a boon. An ability to develope a list of email address for other than customers would be helpful. In the last year somehow the PDF printer program malfunctions and has to be deleted and reinstalled every two three weeks, which is irritating.
on March 10, 2012
I purchased the 2010 simple start program and needed to upgrade to the pro 2012 for exporting and importing reasons but reading the reviews on here has helped my decision to not purchase it. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for reviewing this product and giving us small business owners a heads up on this rotten company and their money grabbing efforts. Intuit you just lost my business because of the reviews on amazon, this should be a wake up for you to fix what the people are saying. Just read the reviews and fix them, stop charging for services that should be included like payroll. Give the people what they need and you will sell more products. My transition to mobile based accounting has semi forced me out of the quickbooks and i honestly couldn't be happier, that's pretty bad to say about an accounting software!! I suggest if your a small business and need better software, its out there. Good luck intuit and to everyone out there, thanks.
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thank you or taking the time to voice your concerns. So, why do we have a "service discontinuation policy"? The reality is you can use QuickBooks for as long as you want. I know you use external services that work with QuickBooks like payroll, credit card processing, connecting to online bank accounts, use email services to send invoices or have a Customer Care plan, you have to be on one of the last three versions of QuickBooks. Why would we do that? At the end of the day all the services cost money to develop and maintain the infrastructure and support.
We have to test all of the QuickBooks code along with each external service it works with. We have to do that for every update and new version we release. We provide multiple updates and fixes to QuickBooks over the course of three years that requires a lot of work for our testing teams and takes away from the time we can spend working on new time saving tools. Also, to provide the best customer support experience, we have our agents focus on the most recent versions of QuickBooks. So, we limit the number of version years of QuickBooks that we support and continue to test.
I may have some other options for you as far as upgrading that would help you avoid this discontinuation policy in the future. If you are interested in talking them over with me you can reach me at markd@intuit.com.
Thank you, Mark QuickBooks Customer Care
on February 8, 2013
Most horrible customer service. The telephone connection is most deplorable. You'd think you are speaking with someone in outer space with the broken connections and of course the very bad communication skills of the folks who you will have heck of time understanding. They are always trying to sell you the $89 support package. Their technical capability is very low. They will just repeat what you say and then tell you that they will send you a link to solve the problem. The link they sent is totally unrelated to the problem I was having. Horrible service and a major waste of your time.
on March 11, 2012
I use Quickbooks for one purpose - to organize expenses through a feed from my bank for 2 business. My needs over the past decade have not changed. The product that I purchased 10 years ago would work just fine, except, Intuit CUTS OFF ITS FUNCTIONALITY - so you have to buy another version of software, independent of whether you need it. It's like buying a car and the manufacturer puts in a trigger that automatically kills the engine after 3 years so you have to buy another one. The only worse part is that unlike the car, you have to go back to the same manufacturer if you don't want all your effort to be wasted. It's a poor way of selling products, and long term does not engender any good will. Intuit, I regret the day I ever starting using your product - I should have tried Microsoft Money!
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Thank you so much for writing these reviews. We really value hearing from our customers, especially when they are telling us how to improve.
Thank you, Mark QuickBooks Customer Care
on July 29, 2012
Sadly, using this software for a small union is akin to using a 10 gauge to shoot a rabbit. Too much. The only reason I got it is that, at this point in time, there is nothing better. Someday... sigh. If you all you need is simple business software, this is not it. If you decide to get it anyway, don't let it bully you, edit, edit, edit. It can be stripped to bare bones, it just takes a minute. At least the reports are nice. If it's any consolation, the support is good, use it. Good luck!