Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Rob Thomas Storm Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Intuos 5 Medium or Intuos 4 Large? This will be my first tablet. I will be using it mainly for photo editing, but also for some drawing/painting.
When I do draw using good old fashion methods (paper) I do tend to use large strokes. I also have enough desktop space to support the large model.

On the flip side, the medium 5 is more portable, is an updated version, and will serve me just fine for photo editing, the primary reason why I'm getting a tablet.

Both the 5 Med and 4 Large are in my price budget.
If anyone that has owned or plans to own either of these devices could give me any help in my decision making, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
B. Hudson
asked by Brandon B. Hudson on May 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 answers
A
Hi Brandon, I see you posted this a while ago but thought I would answer in case you hadn't already purchased. I use my Wacom mainly for photo editing as well and I think the medium is the perfect size for this work. With the large I find it clumsy when I'm attempting to create paths or paint on masks. I'm not sure if its just because I'm used to the medium size, but I feel like there's a large discrepancy between the wide movements I'm making on the pad, and what's happening on the screen (I hope that made sense). However, using the medium tablet means you're basically restricted to drawing with your wrist and not your whole arm. I'm not a digital painter, but if its similar to brush-on-canvas painting I can understand how that would be an issue. Overall, I say go with the medium since that will best fit your primary use, and Amazon has a very generous return policy if it turns out not to work out.
Nicole K. answered on June 10, 2012
Comment | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product