Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on July 28, 2006
This boxset contains episodes 55 - 81. There are several 'filler' episodes in this set that do not appear in the manga. These are episodes 59,63,64,65,68,72,75,76,77,78, and 79.

55 - The Stone Flower and Shippo's First Love

70 - Onigumo's Memory Restored

71 - Three Sided Battle to the Death

72 - Totsai's Rigid Training

73 - Shiori's Family and Inuyasha's Feelings

74 - The Red Tetsusaiga Breaks the Barrier!

75 - The Plot of the Panther Devas

76 - Target: Sesshomaru and INuyasha

77 - The Panther Tribe and the Two Swords of the Fang

78 - Only You, Sango

79 - Jaken's PLan to Steal the Tetsusaiga

80 - Sesshomaru and the Abducted Rin

81 - Vanishing Point, Naraku Disappears
22 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2006
...and it still retains every bit of quality as when it started with. Every episode here is lots of fun to see, but really note-worthy stuff that happens here is the two-part epidsode "Fateful Night In Togenkyo", where our heros (minus Sango, who has gone to repair her weapon,) encounter a sage who has sold his soul to a tree demon and now shinks people down and eats them. This, by the way, was a story that in the manga occured much earlier, just before the characters met Sango for the first time. Which makes this the only major change the anime makes from it's source material, at least that I'm aware of. (I stopped reading the manga when they stospped releasing it in soft-cover single-issue format in the U.S., which would be after Inu-Yasha's party first meet Koga and Kagome gets upset with Inu-Yasha for implying that she might have had an indecent relasionship with him and she storms back to the present day.)

Anyway. There's also the afore-mentioned Tsubaki story-arch, when the group must face an old enemy of Kikyo's. Other major things that happen here is Naraku gives life to another demon, one that starts out without a face until he takes one from one of his victims, and who turns out to be the re-incarnated Onigumo, the thief who sold his soul to demons which led to the creation of Naraku. And then Inu-Yasha sets out on a quest to make his tetsaiga more powerful, but to accomplish that he just might have to take an innocent life. Later Inu-Yasha and his comrades, Koga and his wolf pack, and Sesshomaru and his lackie Jaken all battle a clan of panther demons. Inu-Yasha's group and Koga also want to rescue Kagome, who's been captured by the panthers. (Now if only they could all stop fighting each other, they just might win...) Finally, Kagome and co. make a starteling discovery when they learn about Rin, the little human girl who travels with Sesshomaru and Jaken.

One thing I really love about this season is we get two episodes where Kagome shows she has a really cute, girlish side to her. ("Shippo Gets An Angry Challenge" and "Only You, Sango") Also I enjoyed "Jaken's Plan To Steal The Tetsaiga", where the lizard-like imp sets out on his own, with Rin tagging along, to...well, the name pretty much says it. Jaken becomes much like Wilie E. Cyote from the Road-Runner cartoons, with every scheme to steal Inu-Yasha's sword inevitably ending in disaster.

Can't wait for season 4 to come out on box-set. I just hope it's as good as this one!
on September 13, 2006
I recently purchased the Inuyasha Season 3 DVD Box Set with necklace. I must admit that Inuyasha is my second favorite anime, and television show altogether. The characters and conflicts are never boring and almost every episode will leave you wanting more.

Specifically, this season contains episodes 55 up to and including 81. This season focuses on battles with Naraku, as well as Inuyasha empowering his sword the Tetsusaiga, but it also gives us a glimpse into the past with Kikyo, Inuyasha, And Sesshomaru. The episodes are on 5 discs and each disc contains 5 episodes except for the last 2 which each have 6 episodes of the show. You can choose to watch the episodes in English or Japanese, with subtitles only in English. I bought the edition with Kagome's necklace, or bottle with the Shikon shards inside.

Some highlights of this season include the first appearance of Tsubaki, the evil Dark Priestess who knew Kikyo even before she met Inuyasha. Naraku has recruited her help to try and destroy Kagome! Next you'll see Naraku release Musso, his newest incarnation, but Musso is much different from any other incarnation so far and his actions will cause a Three Sided Battle to the Death between Naraku, Inuyasha, and himself. Next Inuyasha must empower his sword Tetsusaiga by slaying Taigokomeru, the evil Bat Demon, but will Inuyasha's heart let him kill the real one behind Taigokomeru?

Next we get into a history lesson of Sesshomaru's past as the panther demons that he and his father fought years ago return for revenge. These episodes especially explain much including why Sesshomaru hates Inuyasha so much. They also show the continuing maturing of Tenseiga, Sesshomaru's strongest(yes I said strongest) sword. The season ends with Naraku trying to absorb Sesshomaru into his body. Will Sesshomaru be able to defeat Naraku on his own, or will Inuyasha have to come to his aid? The outcome is unbelievable!

I recommend these great episodes of Inuyasha to any fan. The price is far better than buying the individual DVDs and there are many more adventures than the few I mentioned above. I can't wait for Season 4!
on October 17, 2015
One of my favorite series. I won't bore you with the details as most of the ones purchasing will be well acquainted with Inuyasha's storyline. Instead, I want to focus strictly on the dvds. First of all, I'm really happy to have found these and to have found them with the appropriate subtitles. Netflix has two seasons and a while back had begun using the words from the Americanized version rather than the Japanese translation. That's actually what prompted me to purchase this set. I'd gotten some years ago, but I guess they were before the North American dvd release b/c the subtitles were often in Chinese or the menus tended to freeze a lot. Then again, perhaps I purchased some bootleg copies without knowing it.

Anyways, I love that these dvds have the entire season in one package. The price is very reasonable. The menu works well (though the earlier seasons have a good bit of lag while the newer ones flowed better when maneuvering with the FF or Skip option (I don't like having to watch every opening, one right after the other). Wish it had some actual extras other than the same skimpy little character bios and trailers. Still, I plan to have an Inuyasha marathon at least twice a year, so will definitely get some use out of these.
on September 23, 2013
I loved it! Now i can watch Inuyasha when ever i like. Im a very sattisfied customer. I would have loved though if the box was more like the ones like before, thicker and more decorated, not just a simple dvd case.
on September 1, 2015
I love Inuyasha, and I love this box set even more! The necklace that came with this box set is made out of real glass and the cord is brown leather. I also received a free limited edition Kagome coin in this box set!
on June 1, 2015
These reviews are all copies, because what else can I say about a great series that has many seasons?

These repackages are literally the same products and episodes, just condensed in terms of packaging and price.

Standard definition - so 4:3 ratio with obvious static and other SD flaws, but that's cool. There isn't much you can do when upconverting an original SD work.

There are Bluray discs of the final act and the movies, but that is probably all there will ever be.

Japanese Audio with English subs is indeed available on these discs.
on April 12, 2014
Inuyasha was a great anime, and I loved it. I also like watching the subbed original version. I found that the English dub was close to the original. And I like listening to the Japanese version, so I loved this set. The set didn't come in the big box set or had the graphics on the DVD, but I don't mind that. I'm just glad to have all of the episodes from the season on one set. If you're an Inuyasha fan and don't mind the lack of graphics or the big box, you'll like this set.
on August 23, 2014
This season introduces Tetsuiga's new ability to destroy demonic barriers. The season also gives us the dark priestess Tsubaki, who played a part in Kikyo's death by cursing her to die when she fell in love. I also love the ending theme Every Heart which was introduced in this season.
on March 30, 2014
This year for my husband's 30th birthday I decided to buy the entire series and final acts. My husband has always wanted them but never bought them because of the price. Since it was his 30th, I splurged and he absolutely loved it; he was totally surprised! Video and sound quality is great and it can be watched with Japanese audio or English dubbed.