4.0 out of 5 stars a great complement with the monday special.
i currently subscribe to the monday special and this electronic version allows me to read the articles ans use the investors.com subscription for stock qutoes and charts.

its worth it only if you have access to the website.
Published on December 22, 2007 by SlimeWire

3.0 out of 5 stars Good articles but no charts in the Kindle edition
IBD always has great articles but it's the charts that are critical. No charts will show up on the Kindle. Keep this in mind when subscribing. I would rather buy it one issue at a time.
Published on May 7, 2008 by Book Fan Chciago

3.0 out of 5 stars Good articles but no charts in the Kindle edition, May 7, 2008

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much missing in the KINDLE version, July 1, 2008
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
I was hoping to keep my life clutter free by getting the IBD on my kindle rather than in paper. However, its just not useful. Need the graphs as well as all the other missing pieces. I don't even recall seeing the IBD 100 on the Kindle version. Cancelled and went back to paper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Paper is great but content does not read well with the Kindle, July 12, 2008
Eric Ross (Washougal, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
I subscribe to the IBD digital edition and read it most days. I figured that the Kindle would make this process easier. However, I discovered that the linear reading nature of the Kindle heavily clashed with the random reading nature of the IBD. The IBD contains hundreds of one paragraph news blurbs that you can acquire by scanning the newspaper. This does not work well with the Kindle. By contrast, The Wall Street Journal is heavier on in-depth articles and is nicely indexed for the Kindle. Finally, IBD is what it is because of its graphs. It just isn't that good without the pictures.

The paper(or its digital edition) is great and has helped me with my investing the last several years.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can get individual issues also, December 5, 2007
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
One thing not mentioned in the Amazon page for the Kindle edition of IBD or the other review present at the time of me writing this is that you can get individual issues for $.50 from the Kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars beware: NO GRAPHS, June 16, 2008
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
IBD is one of my fav pubs. was hoping this would be great for the road. but without their graphs, it's pretty useless.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, November 13, 2008
C. Walsh (Clearwater, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
I had decided that I could live without the charts, etc. in the Kindle version if I could go online and check out the items I needed to. Big problem: they don't give Kindle subscribers access to the Subscribers Only sections of the website. I'm cancelling now.

1.0 out of 5 stars worthless without charts, November 5, 2008
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
Without charts, learning to recognize chart patterns is impossible. without charts, IBD is worthless to an investor.

4.0 out of 5 stars a great complement with the monday special., December 22, 2007
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)

its worth it only if you have access to the website.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible ... absolutely terrible, September 23, 2010
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
I have subscribed to the print edition of IBD for a number of years. I thought I'd try it out on the Kindle, as I travel for my job and felt this was finally a way to keep up with the publication while on the road. Boy was I ever wrong! In a word, it's TERRIBLE. No charts, limited content, no stock prices, nothing. It's a shell of the print and on-line editions. Don't waste your money on this. If all Kindle periodical content is like this, the Kindle I bought last week will end up on E-Bay next week.

4.0 out of 5 stars For me, better than the print edition, July 17, 2009
This review is from: Investor's Business Daily (Kindle Edition)
I live in an area where it's not possible to get early morning delivery for the print edition. Since it's not in my mailbox when I leave for the office, I end up always being a day behind. The Kindle edition solves this problem nicely for me.

I also find it convenient that my IBD subscription travels with me. Even when I'm on the road (at least in the USA), I can spend a few moments each morning reading the key articles and feel like I'm not completely out of touch. Now I'm the guy who shows up at the out-of-town meeting saying "did you hear what happened to XYZ after hours last night?".

IBD is also consistent when publishing company names, so I also like the way I can search the Kindle version for a particular company I might be interested in, and even if it's referenced in an obscure article I wouldn't normally read in the print edition, it comes up.

Still, I generally agree with others who have commented about the lack of charts and graphics. Yes, I wish the Kindle content equaled the print content. But I'm still willing to trade some content for better access, especially since I can get it without lugging a PC around, and it's available early (REALLY early - like 3:00 AM).

Besides, I imagine like most others, I tend to access financial charts and graphs using online services anyway, so I don't find myself missing these items much, if at all.

Then there's the price, which for me is a lot less than buying the paper issue at a time locally.

Bottom line is that I feel better informed under a wider range of circumstances with IBD on the Kindle, and while there are no doubt flaws, I think it's a reasonable solution overall.

Investor's Business Daily