5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking... and big!
I own a couple Invicta watches and I can say they're my favorite watches among my collection. They are good looking, elegant and well made (especially the slim series)

Published on March 3, 2011 by R.Suarez

3.0 out of 5 stars Wall Clock for your wrist
Published on March 8, 2011 by Thomas Vernor

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking... and big!, March 3, 2011
R.Suarez "R-Suarez-" (Mc Allen, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Invicta II Men's 0764 Stainless Steel Watch with Leather Band (Watch)

I ordered this one recently, after reviewing the product description and its dimensions, I knew it would be a big watch... which is fine as nowadays this is style commonly used. When I received this I was shocked by the size of the box it came in, it was not the average yellow box from Invicta but a pretty big yellow box. I was relieved when I got the watch out of it and wore it.

The quality of the watch is what you can expect from an Invicta, the design is pretty cool and very good looking (though it may be too thick to wear with a long sleeved shirt), the face includes both the day of the week and day of the month.

To set it up (as this information is not included in the box), the crown needs to be turned counterclockwise to set the day of the week and clockwise to set both the hour and the day of the month. It is important to note that there is a quick setup button above the crown, you can click on it with a pen and what it will do is change the day of the month on a one by one basis so you don't have to turn the crown endless times until you reach the desired date.

I have included a picture to give you an idea of how this looks, other than the pictures included by Amazon, it is big but I love the way it looks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wall Clock for your wrist, March 8, 2011
This thing is massive. The description is accurate in it's sizing, the issue is that the band and curvature of the watch are designed for someone who is proportionate to the size of the watch. If you have huge wrists and want a watch that will not look like a silly toy when worn, or you are an average sized person who wants to wear a clock large enough to immobilize your wrist, this is for you. If you are a normal sized person with average or smaller than average wrists who just wants to join in the over-sized watch trend, you need to look elsewhere.

A comment from the manufacturer reminded me of this review today so I thought I would post an update:
Since realizing that this watch (while being very cool looking) would look completely ridiculous on my wrist, I gave it to a very large friend in return for a favor he did for me, he was very excited about it as he has a tough time finding fashionable watches that are large enough that don't look like they came out a kid's meal in comparison to the size of his wrist. So while I did not get a watch that I could personally enjoy, it still went to a good home where it could be worn and appreciated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for $59, May 16, 2011
It's a big watch but not ridiculous big. The leather band is thick which is very nice, but a bit stiff. It doesn't look too expensive, but for $59.99, leather band and long warranty is ok. It has a casual look to it. It doesn't weight much which is a plus.,

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, it's big but ..., May 19, 2011
Joe Aakre (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
First Invicta watch ever. When I opened the box, my first thought was HOLY COW THAT'S A FLIPPIN BIG WATCH. After a couple of days, however, I've become very used to it and like it quite a bit. Highly recommend it. And seriously, it's not that big unless you have arms and hands the size of a small child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang for your buck, October 30, 2011
I was impressed immediately by the size of this watch. I tend not to go for larger watches and it is taking some getting used to, but this watch is great. The quality is fantastic and for the price, you can't really do better than this. I'm looking forward to getting my next Invicta watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., May 15, 2011
this is not one of my go to watches. I have a number of Invicta's, this one and it's brown twin are in heavy rotation. It is simple, elegant and just big enough to stand out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! Feel lucky to have this on my wrist., June 10, 2011
I am not sure why this watch was on such a sale (almost 89% off), but I am so glad I acted quick and picked this up before it became unavailable!

Several people have mentioned its size, but I think its perfect. The size of this watch says you meant to put it on, not like some skinny watch that doubles as an 80s jelly braclet and also happens to tell time.

I wear it on my left wrist so the setting wheel digs into the skin now and then, but nothing to get derailed about. I was going to buy another one for my Dad for Fathers Day, but I see they are sold out. Bummer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, June 16, 2011
This is my second Invicta watch and won't be my last. This watch has a Large Face but it's is very "light"
My other Invicta has a large face and it's heavy (I love that one as well) The 0764 II watch is very stylish and elegant but
yet simple and inexpensive. I'm very pleased with it. Note: Setting the day of the week and the date of the month was tricky.
To set the Hour and the day of the week, turn the dial clockwise and to set the day of the month, push a pin in the tiny
hole located above the turn dial. Great Tip another reviewer provided

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice big watch, but the crown can detach unnoticed, December 22, 2011
The watch is big and, I would say, it makes you to respect time :). Quality is good and the watch isn't that heavy as it could be with this size. It's quite silent: you have to hold it really close to the ear to hear ticking. It's somewhat inconvenient that the text in the auxiliary dials (day of the week and, particularly, of the month) is very small. So, if you have old eyes, it can be difficult to see the date. But you have the possibility to train your sight :).
The strap is of good quality and nice-looking, though it's a bit complicated to fasten-unfasten, because it's thick and not very flexible therefore (but becomes softer with time).
All in all, it's a good watch and I would say, it best of all suits formal black suits.

Correction after a half-year of use:

Got used and liked the watch pretty much, but it happened already thrice that the crown detached accidentally and unnoticed, turned the hands to an arbitrary time and then set back, so that the watch was ticking on and I didn't suspect the time was wrong. 2 of the 3 such occasions happened in two recent successive days, so I can't rely on their time indication any more. Changing the rate from 4 to 2.

Eventually, due to the self-detachment of the crow I couldn't rely on this watch any more. So, I suspended it above my desk. Thus, for this price I got nice looking table or wall clock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Watch!, July 4, 2012
Pros: Exactly as I imagined it it would be. Very big, everything is clear to read. The leather band is stiff but does look very high quality.

Cons: The only con I could notice about it is that the hands that tell the minutes and seconds are off. The seconds hand can't really be spot on on any giving spot, it's always in between 2 spots, which is very annoying. The minutes hand is also off by about 15 minutes which is also extremely annoying and I noticed that when the time was exactly on 12, I could see the hours hand being spot on but the minutes hand to be 15 minutes ahead, which also can be apparent on any giving hour the hours hand is spotting on exactly.

See following photos for clarification:
1. Notice how the hours hand is spot on 12 and the minutes hand is on the 15 time mark.

[...]

2. If I were to put the minutes hand spot on 12 the hours hand would be late by a couple of millimeters.
[...]

3. Notice the close up on the seconds hand to see how it's in between 2 spots and exactly spot on on any giving second.
[...]

Overall, good watch, the con I mentioned is not a deal breaker of course but it will be annoying to notice every time you check what time it is.