4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but big watch.
I have only had this watch for a couple of weeks and worn it perhaps 5 times. In that time, I have received several compliments on it. Invicta does have a nice sense of style and attention-grabbing design. I like this watch quite a bit.

Published on February 7, 2011 by Theseus

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but poor quality
I really liked the way this watch looked but unfortunately it arrived broken.

The metal ring around the day dial was half popping up off the surface of the watch, which tells me that they are probably using cheap materials to "glue" those pieces to the dial. You may receive your watch in perfect condition but just keep that in mind you are paying $70 for a $70...
Published 22 months ago by SSK13

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but big watch., February 7, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 0765 II Collection Silver Dial Brown Leather Watch (Watch)

First, though, be aware that this is a very large diameter watch. It has a tendency to be a little too big and intrusive, especially if you have long sleeves on. The crown will have a tendency to dig into the back of your hand as well. It is also not very thin. This is definitely not the watch for those who have small wrists unless you're going for the Flavor Flav look. This is a substantial watch.

Other than that, though, you can judge from the picture how the face looks. I'll say that the date function is actually rather difficult to interpret as the font size for the numbers is very small and it's difficult sometimes to gauge whether the hand is pointing to a number or to the dots in between. Also there is no way to easily set the date. The crown on my version only has one position and it only permits me to set the time. To set the date properly, I ended up having to work the minute/hour hands around and around to manually advance the date by one day every 2 full revolutions of the hour hand. You can alternately move the hands around to just past midnight and then reverse to just before 10pm and rock back and forth between those two positions to play on the mechanism that advances the date. However, this seems to me to be rather hard on the mechanicals. Once set, though, you should have little reason to have to fight that battle again.

The brown leather band is basic and faux (pressed-in) texture. It serves its purpose just fine. I would consider a band upgrade on it at some point in the future, but it isn't a high priority. As with most Invicta bands that are not metal, I found this band to be a little bit short in length. Thus, counterintuitively, if you have large wrists, you may find that the band is not large enough, despite the huge diameter of the watch body.

As I said, though, this is a nice watch overall and I do recommend it provided you're prepared for its sheer size. It is not the largest watch Invicta makes (there are several diver's watches much larger), but this is markedly bigger than almost any other commonly available watch you'll find in a department store. I'm not sure, but you might be able to signal low-flying planes with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Regarding on how to set the time date day feature., March 2, 2011
I recently received this watch and have had it on and off for a couple of weeks. It is a BIG and BEAUTIFUL watch, just as advertized, it is heavy and well built. The leather strap is well made. Just as stated by others it arrived promptly and came in a yellow box with warranty and a manual supposedly for instructions on how to operate this watch.
This manual is not user-friendly it really sucks because it is not made by MODEL made but by FEATURES included and that makes it really difficult to figure out how to set the time, day, and date combo on this beauty. It arrived on February 18 already set with the correct time, day and date already on it. Now the difficulties occurred yesterday when I had to figure out the way to change the date from the 29th to the 1st on the date sub dial.
THIS IS HOW YOU SET THE WATCH CORRECTLY-As a previous reviewer stated the CROWN has only one position and that changes the hour, minute, seconds' hands and the DAY sub dial (Mon-Sun) but the DATE sub dial (1-31) is changed by pressing the RESET BUTTON besides the one position CROWN. Just press it with a pointed object (I used a pen just fine) and it starts jumping numbers until you reach the correct date and you do not have to go turning the crown endlessly until you reach the correct date. Use the one button crown to set the correct time and day of the week and use the reset button to set the correct date of the month. Easy after you figure it out, by the way I really love how this watch looks and feels on my wrist!

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's How You Actually Set It, February 25, 2011
I searched for over an hour as to how to set this watch. Invicta is a GREAT brand, but their manuals and support are HORRIBLE. All of Invicta's products come with the same product instruction manual. The same one is available from their website.

What Invicta doesn't tell you about this watch is that it only has ONE CLICK FOR THE CROWN STOP! To set the date and time, you have to wind it either clockwise or counterclockwise. To set the date, one must turn the crown stop clockwise until you reach the desired date. Warning -- do not mess this up. If you advance too far forward like I did on my boyfriend's, you will have to advance through all 31 days on the date subdial. It is not fun AT ALL.

To set the day of the week, simply turn the crown stop counter-clockwise until you reach the desired day on the subdail. Take note to set the watch's time at the appropriate a.m. or p.m. when you set the day (indicated by where the hands are pointing on the day subdial), as this affects when the entire watch will turn over to the next day on both the date and day sub dials.

Overall, though, this watch is BEAUTIFUL. I got it for my boyfriend for our one year anniversary and he doesn't want to ever take it off. I highly recommend this product as a gift for any special man in your life, as it is a wonderfully crafted time piece that will not only draw compliments, but last a really long time. AND... you get a four year extension on your watch's warranty if you buy if from Amazon.com. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Great Price, May 9, 2011
I bought this for my boyfriend who always wore cheap watches. HE LOVES IT. I have kinda created a monster becuase he has now bought several other designer watches and plans to get more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch... band is a bit darker than indicated in the photo..., April 22, 2011
Frankie Grisco (nunyadamnbusiness) - See all my reviews
I really enjoy this watch. I constantly receive compliments for it. Almost daily. The leather will take a long time to wear in - it's very stiff. It's also a LOT darker than it appears in the photo. My band is almost black it's such a dark dark dark brown.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, beautiful watch, February 8, 2013
I got this watch when it was $69.99. It is my second Invicta and, like the first, I am very happy with my purchase.

Like other reviewers have pointed out- this is a big watch. But I don't think that it is too big. It has a nice, solid hefty feel to it that definitely makes it feel like a quality product. The absolutely beautiful dial has an oldschool military look that I was searching for and the silvery sheen you see in the customer pictures is accurate- it really looks like that in person.

This watch keeps great time, as well. I synced it to the atomic clock found at time.is and so far it has lost one second in the four days I've owned it. I don't know much about quartz watches but I think that seems very precise.

The one big complaint I have about this watch is the band it comes with. First off, it is very thick and very stiff. Maybe with time it would soften up, but I didn't give it a chance. My wrists are rather small (6 1/4 inches) and even after taking the strap to a shoe repair shop and having them punch an extra hole in the band it still was too big for me. I ended up just putting it on a leather NATO strap from Clockwork Synergy on eBay and this has become my favorite watch.

The lume on this watch is a little iffy. I am not sure how long the illumination typically lasts on other watches, but this seems to fade away after just 5 minutes or so, even if it has been in direct light for half an hour or more. While it does light up, it is very bright. If I ever need to check the time in pitch black, though, I will just use my phone.

Setting the time, day and date were all very easy. Just listen to what other reviewers have said and push the button right above the crown- it makes setting the date a breeze.

If you like big, attention-getting (but not flashy or blingy) watches, then this is for you. Please look at my pictures to see what it looks like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, great value, September 13, 2013
I've worn this watch nearly everyday for the past year and I love it. This watch is the definition of versatile. It can be worn to the office, special occasions and casual social events as well as formal. The face of the watch is larger than most, which was something I was looking for since I have rather large wrists (6'8'' 240 lbs.). The watch is simple to set and the chronograph features are excellent. The watch is virtually maintenance free as well, you just want to be sure to keep the band clean since it is made of genuine calf leather. Can't say enough about this great watch from Invicta, I would highly reccomend this watch and will be looking for alternate styles of this watch in the near future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch! Was not the one for me but - GREAT SERVICE, August 19, 2013
I ordered this as a gift -not paying much attention to the size dimensions. The watch arrived as ordered, packaged appropriately and was absolutely beautiful. This watch has a VERY large face and is appropriate for a large man -not what I was ordering for. I followed the instructions for return and mailed it back and was promptly refunded my full purchase price with no questions asked. I am a frequent customer of AMAZON and will continue to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch!, March 28, 2011
LOVE this watch. However if you dont like a big face then this is not the watch for you. if you do then buy it. the band looks great and the size of the watch is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Watch, Nice Fit, February 24, 2011
We all know is a big watch. The pros are endless, prone to nice compliments and my wife loves it.
The only thing I wish was different are the hands. Other watches maintain their fluorescent color at night time and you are able to read the time while driving. Other than that, is a great watch.

Rate and Discover Movies