5.0 out of 5 stars Very Un-Invicta
Invicta use to make mainly huge divers watches for a long time and their prices were outrageous but it seems like somethings changed, they actually are making watches that have basic simple shapes. They are going in other directions.
Published on October 1, 2011 by Fizzle

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but impractical
Published on March 15, 2012 by F. P. Winters

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Un-Invicta, October 1, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 0851 Force Collection Black Polyurethane Strap Watch (Watch)
This watch first caught my eye because its interesting details and simplicity I loved the way the band and the watch intersected. The clean lines and modern design is very similar to a Nixon watch without the gigantic price that Nixon charges for their watches (it wasn't always that way but that's another story). I noticed this was only $65 and I had to get it. When I got it I couldn't believe the big size and how heavy it was. It's big but not as big as their Russian Divers watch and it is thick around 3/8" thick. Another detail is the size of the hands and numbers, you can see what time it is easily and the numbers glow so you can see the time in the dark. One thing I don't understand is why they feel they have to put a date on watches anymore but this does have a date, the only thing that is funny is the date is microscopic compared to the size of the rest of the watch.
I use to despise Invicta watches because I always felt the designs were way too busy, they were way overpriced. They still have the busy watches but now they also have an alternative for people who like bold, simple and nicely priced watches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking but impractical, March 15, 2012
F. P. Winters (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a stylish and interesting piece, but the rubber watchband and the way it attaches to the watch is a poor design. After wearing it for a few months and keeping it on during excercise, the band has pulled away from the watch and is in danger of falling off. Obviously, you can't just get another watchband due to the design, so although this one is supposed to be a sport model,its really only good for costume jewelry.

4.0 out of 5 stars very pleased!!, August 24, 2011
First INVICTA watch, gotta say im very pleased with it, it's simple, clean, big but not TOO BIG, comfortable.
But most important thing of all is READING THE TIME! you can do it at a glance with no problem.

shipped fast and packaged very well.

CONS - the date window could have been a little bigger

will be purchasing more from this company for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!!, August 12, 2011
This is my 4th Invicta watch and the smallest face wise. I bought this watch as it is a clean and simple chronograph and to be a daily wear watch. The face diameter is smaller then my Russian Diver and Sea Spider. Watch is lighter then both but heavy enough to let you know you are wearing a quality time piece.
I just love the weight and the steel casing. Weight and size not an issue for anyone with a small wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 0851 Force Watch, January 20, 2012
I have had the watch on constantly since I received it a month ago. Great styling. I had a quite a few compliments on it. Many people have guessed the price of it and no one has been close. Great value for it's look. The watch is quite large and the largest Invicta I have owned. Pay attention to specs so you are sure you will be comfortable wearing a watch of this size. Also, I love the band. I'm normally pretty rough on watches with my line of work. I normally buy a bag watch band pins because I break them so often. The band and set up on this band looks much more substantial. Although, I think a better system for the clasps pin would be nice. I don't expect any problems. Would and could recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!, December 5, 2011
I was looking for a sporty analog watch with a rubber strap, and this watch fit the bill perfectly.

It is big, bold, and very elegant in a minimalistic way. I've had for a few days and I have gotten many compliments on the watch. I particularly like the large dial and that the hands look similar to the hands on an altimeter in a cockpit...really cool!!! The width of the strap is really nice, particularly around the connection to the watch ... it provides for continuity of the size of the dial to the strap. The pictures in Amazon does not do it justice ... very nice. The watch feels solid, period!

The only down fall of the watch, and many have already commented on this, is the duration of the luminosity....it does not last very long. and in reality it takes some focused lighting to really get a charge to make it bright. But the dial and the numbers are large enough that they can be seen in the dark.

I would, and have recommended it to friends. My mom and uncle (in their 50's) both recognized the brand right of the bat, and recalled the prestige they had 30+ yrs ago. I'm hoping to that same quality, but loving the prices.

___UPDATE____ 07/12/12

So I'v have had this watch for about 6 months...Still love the size!! I am beginning to see a "haze" on the inside of the glass. I have been in the ocean and pools many times with it....so it may not be as water resistant as stated "Water Resistant 100MT". No damage nor rust present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch BIG Dlisplay and Good PRICE!!!!, August 9, 2011
Well good Delivery from amazon!!, in 4 days I have the watch in my home, big display, the second hand don't mark very well, but for the price Is a good watch, in the night you can see the numbers very well, is not heavy is light and is very comfortable you can use every day, for me I like big watches and works fine I recommend this watch is my First Invicta and I all ready buy 4 more, good construction and good looking watch, Is a new brand for me but i like it, Good Work and Good Price!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Invicta Watch from Amazon, January 17, 2012
This is a beautiful watch.Arrived in excellent condition.I really like the polyeurothane band and the size of the numbers.
Looks great and is very sturdy.

5.0 out of 5 stars its a mens watch, April 4, 2011
i love it, its big,noticeable and people at the office (who dont have cell phones) often ask me the time. above all else its casual and it arrived in a timely manner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now "this" is a watch....., February 24, 2012
........to parapharse Crocodile Dundee.
There are watches and there are watches. This is the latter.
It's BIG. It's heavy and it arrived set and on the dot with my trusty Timex Men's T20461 Easy Reader Expansion Band Watch. The box is large enough to be counted as additional luggage on most air carriers. You won't slip unnoticed through crowds with this on your wrist unless it's a crowd of body builders. This baby is time on steroids.
I like it. It's a statement. Like, "Got Time?" Lot of watch for a low price. Nicely made and packaged, it's all it's stated to be. And more. A lot more.