4.0 out of 5 stars Great price. Cool model.
Published on June 17, 2011 by ratpackfan

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch but durability is lacking
Published on August 15, 2011 by erin g

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch but durability is lacking, August 15, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1091 Russian Diver Stainless Steel and Black Polyurethane Mechanical Watch with Skeleton Window (Watch)
Durability was an issue, I had the watch less than 2 weeks and the gears started to slip when winding the watch. If I held the watch at an angle the gears would function, this went on for a few days before the entire spring slipped and the watch completely stopped functioning. Panic set in and I decided to see what choice I had in either returning the item to Amazon or following up with Invicta. Invictia wanted $28 dollars check or money order from me along with re-shipping costs to their repair center. Repair center would take 60 to 90 days before the watch would be returned to me... needless to say for a watch that failed less than a month of ownership I returned the item to Amazon and will be waiting for my refund. Still undecided if I should go with another Invicta product, overall I was impressed with the quality of the watch aesthetically. If I do purchase another Invicta I'll steer clear of the mechanical models; may be I was unlucky and got a dud but I would hate to see someone purchase this and have to return it every few months after it fails and wait nearly 2 to 3 months to get the product returned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price. Cool model., June 17, 2011
I've been buying Invicta watches for a number of years. I've owned a couple different Russian Diver models. Yes they are large!! I've always wanted a skeleton model, but didn't want to spend the $600+ they want with the swiss movement. So when they finally came out with a version with a Chinese movement, I could make the move. When you compare the Swiss version to this new series, there are very little differences. So this this is an incredible buy. Plus Amazon has the best price I've found. The movement used is made by a company called Seagull. They have been known for making quality movements for a while. So, I have no ill feeling towards owning a Chinese movement. Especially when you can save hundreds!! The fit and finish on this model is up to the quality I expect from Invicta. No flaws and keeps good time. If you are looking for a large watch that will turn heads, then this is the model for you. Personally I like the black model as shown because it looks less blingy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but lacking quality...., July 5, 2011
Spuds Benson (Chattanooga, TN United States) - See all my reviews
I own 3 Invicta watches. I typically buy them when they hit the $50-65 range. They have stainless steel bands and tend to wear pretty quickly. They aren't anywhere near the quality of the Seiko or Citizen watches I've had in the past. Invicta does one thing really well...they make watches that look cool. They aren't the most accurate time pieces and as I stated before, they don't wear that well over time. Don't ever buy one at the MSRP they put on the tags they provide with the watch.... They're typically $400+ and this is just a marketing ploy to make people think they're getting a designer watch. They are well designed, but you can tell from the workmanship that they are manufactured pretty cheaply.

YMMV. If you buy one of these, don't be too rough with it and take it off when you think it may bump up against stuff. The finish and glass both scratch easily. I get complements on my Invictas all the time or I wouldn't recommend buying them even at the $50-65, but you get what you pay for with these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, cool looking watch, January 27, 2012
I like the watch, but there are a few problems:

1. It has this extremely strong and unpleasant smell; like some strong adhesive. I'm not sure if this'll go away over time.

2. The strap is thick enough to make it difficult to fit through the buckle and the watch strap holders.

Besides that, the mechanism seems pretty decent, and external build quality is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Invicta I Own, October 9, 2012
I purchased this Invicta for my boyfriend for Chirstmas. He has only worn it 20 times since then. Mainly nights out, dinner, and such. After minimum wear the watch has stopped working. The mechanical action no longer works and the watch can not be wound. He owns 4 other Invicta watches and they have all been great. This one is an utter disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way better in person, December 21, 2011
Received the watch today, wound it up and it works great!
Looks beautiful, way better in person than online. Its got a great shine, finish, and looks incredible.

Would recommend to someone looking for a decent skeleton watch that looks like a million bucks, but costs only a fraction of that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, attention getting watch., December 5, 2012
This is a large, heavy watch. I realize this is a very common comment about the watch, but don't ignore it because of that. I am 5'11" and weigh 145 pounds and this watch dwarfs my wrist. That said, the watch is also beautiful. The designs on the black metal interior are quite attractive and the colored screws are a nice touch. Even though the watch is heavy, it is a very comfortable watch to wear after the stiffness is worked out of the band. The high contrast between the silver tone of the hands and the basic black of most of the rest of the metal makes the watch easy to read, although the second hand sub-dial is a bit smaller than I expected and no parts of the watch are luminous. Overall, its a great watch that feels durable and gets a lot of attention due to its size. I am very happy with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, January 29, 2012
Would like it better if they showed an actual wrist with the watch on it. We returned this item because it was almost like having a full-on alarm clock on your wrist. The item arrived on time, and it looks like a quality watch - but was just way too big.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning watch with a few flaws, May 7, 2013
Length:: 0:07 Mins

Ok, I decided to write the review I wish I would have read before ordering. First off, I absolutely love this watch. You will stare at it, and so will others. That I can promise you. However, coming from a GSHOCK that I cant even tell I'm wearing (even in the Xlarge sizes) This watch is ridiculously uncomfortable to wear. While my girlfriend complains about taking off her high heels at the end of the day I am equally as relieved when I get to pull this watch off at the end of the day. The watch slides down to your wrist while walking thus making it impossible to bend your wrist due to the huge knob on the side. You deal with it, because the watch is so amazing to look at. It's heavy enough to pull the skin down on my arm while walking. I really wish they made this in a left handed model so I could actually use my wrist again without it digging into my tendons on the back side of my hand. The closest is the russian divers 1846 left handed model, but it's 5mm smaller. The wrist band is very stiff and I'm hoping it will break in. Long story short? It sucks to wear... Actually, This watch reminds me of my girlfriend. A lot of BS, but you deal with it because she looks so good on your arm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, big., December 19, 2012
I have this, nice watch, its been about a year. Very heavy, VERY large.
Love wearing it, I am 6' 3" and its even heavy for me. I bought it for a snorkle trip AND wanted a winding watch with no battery.
This works. Note of Caution, I wear this watch on the right arm. IF you wear yours on the left this watch WILL probably NOT work. The winding cover is very large and will poke you in your hand when you flex your wrist, no doubt.

Rate and Discover Movies