4.0 out of 5 stars ---WELL MADE AND GOOD LOOKING WATCH---
Published on October 7, 2011 by Judith Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Mfr's Suggested Retail = $650?!!! Is that a joke?
When I first received the watch I was pretty jazzed by its appearance, but upon closer inspection several issues surfaced.

One of the dials indicated the day of the week. This tiny hand was unattached and loose in the watch case. Repair involved taking it to a jeweler.

Published on October 21, 2011 by J. M. Jacobs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars ---WELL MADE AND GOOD LOOKING WATCH---, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1327 18k Rose Gold Ion-Plated Stainless Steel and Black Dial Watch (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I chose this watch for my husband. It's large and very heavy. The watch band was way too loose for my husband's wrist, so we knew that we had to take links out. After looking it over, we saw that it would require a special tool that was made for this style of watch. We found the tool online and the cost for the tool, plus shipping was $7.99. We opted for 2 day shipping and we received the tool quickly.

My husband made the band smaller and he's very pleased with the watch. He likes the large face because he can see it without his reading glasses! It has a stop watch feature which allows him to time his daily runs. Also, the day of the week feature is easy to see, but the date window is small. The watch is a littl glitzy, but overall great watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch for Price, October 11, 2011
This is a very good watch at a reasonable price. I had previously had Seiko watches and love the black and gold combo, but those are hard to come across. I had been reading about Invicta and they have a nice collection of watches. Unfortunately, many of them take the current trend of large watches to extreme and many of their watches are HUGE. This watch is larger than a typical seiko of 40mm and is something like 43 or 46mm, I forget which. It is a good size watch, but it is not abnormally huge. It is constructed fairly well and seems as though it will hold up well to typical use. The pictures don't do it justice and it looks much better in person. Its not a $1000 collectors watch, but it certainly doesn't feel like a cheap or chincy watch either. If you get it for what it is, I think you'll be content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Will get you noticed, October 3, 2011
Personne (Rocky Mountain West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While there's no question that an inexpensive digital watch will give you better time than any analog watch out there, sometimes you want something on your wrist that isn't cheap and plasticky. If Rolex isn't on your budget (and it sure isn't on mine), you could do worse than this impressive Invicta. It's a substantial watch, with both notable size and heft.

Mechanically it's quite solid, with a gold-ish anodized stainless steel case and a solid non-expanding band with hidden catch. Unlike some analog watches I've owned, the actual second hand is on a small dial on the watch face. The sweep second hand is actually part of the stopwatch mechanism (which goes up to 30 minutes). Engraved around the rim of the case are numbers you can use for the tachymeter function (calculating speed over a measured mile). It's not something most of us need to do very often. But what the hey--it looks good.

The band itself would be loose on Godzilla. Be prepared for a trip to the jeweler or order the SE Watchband Link Remover Tool at the same time you order the watch. I needed to remove 5 links from the band and I'm not tiny.

I do have a few small criticisms. The watch face itself is dark as are the small dials that show day, seconds and elapsed minutes. As a result, these smaller number are nearly impossible to read unless you're in full sun. You'll find yourself tilting your wrist to get some illumination on these numbers. A contrasting color scheme would have been much appreciated. The luminous dial works, but only if you're an astronomer (I am) working in very dark locations. In more typical dark situations, you'll wish you had a backlight button. And overall, it might be argued that the look of the watch is just a teensy bit over the top.

But in any case, quality workmanship is evident here. My previous experience with Invicta convinces me that the timekeeping will be excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, looks great and everything works wonderfully, December 30, 2012
Great watch that goes great with my jacket at work. Everything worked out of the box and the only thing I've had to do was get it re sized. Love this watch and I can't imagine going to work without it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking Watch!!!!, December 25, 2012
Great product if you want to have a better look of how the watch looks, Google images of it, WATCH OUT people with small wrists (below 6 1/2 inches) it won't fit you, i took all the extra links and still have some wiggling on my wrist. I have used it a couple of times and have gotten a couple of praises (included the jeweler that took off the links) on the look of the watch. My sister even wants to snatch it. I really love the bronze like tone of the watch and it does really sparkle quite a bit. Oh I've read a couple of complaints of incorrect size of the cases on the product descriptions on some Invicta watches, so far this one is the correct size 45mm and it's just the right size. If you have some questions about feel free to ask me, ill try to post some pictures comparing it to a 47mm Fossil watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Men's 1327 Chronograph Black Dial Two-Tone Stainless-Steel Watch..., October 6, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great watch with great functionality! I find the "Chronograph" function most useful at timing some of my processes at work. Excellent! For work, or for fun/entertainment, I recommend this timepiece!

I rate the "Invicta Men's 1327 Chronograph Black Dial Two-Tone Stainless-Steel Watch"...Five stars! (A great value!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Mfr's Suggested Retail = $650?!!! Is that a joke?, October 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The button that operates the stop watch feature also stops the timekeeping hands when you go to stop the stop watch feature - NOT GOOD.

There are a variety of production grade watches out there that are better built and more reliable than what I experienced with this watch in the first half hour I had it out of the box. They generally cost less than $150.00.

Its appearance is very classy and masculine - I particularly liked the sort of rose-gold tone on the case, numerals and band edges. I found the smaller dials on the face quite easy to read. The band is one of static length, not expandable, so links would have to be removed to get it to fit your wrist properly. This is not unusual for watches with bands of this type, and a jeweler can do it in less than 5 minutes.

With all this going for it I was highly disappointed when I discovered the flaws my watch exhibited. I had never had a chronograph before and I was really looking forward to wearing one now and again.

One last observation: the watch has a 1-year warranty with an optional 5 year warranty. If this watch was truly worth the $650.00 manufacturer's suggested retail price the original warranty would be longer.

Based on what I experienced, I'm not quite sure what this watch is worth.

Let the buyer beware...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking chronograph watch, January 3, 2012
This is a solid nice watch. I did have to take it to a jeweler for it to get resized but besides that its great.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's awful, November 28, 2013
the quality of the watch is awful its look like a chinesse watch the wrist is like the cheaper in the market and the material arent of the quality that it is said that is. i woul pay for a watch like this only 15 dolars dont buy it there a more valuable, Better buy a Bulova

3.0 out of 5 stars Tells time., November 18, 2013
As far as watches go it works. Not particularly the look I wanted to go for but I guess that's my mistake.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›