Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 1436 18k Gold Ion-Plated Stainless Steel Russian Diver Watch
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

VINE VOICEon September 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's hard to appreciate the size and weight of this watch from just reading the specifications on the web page. The watch is a replica 1959 Russian diver's watch, so needless to say it needed to be big to fit over the wet suit and the numbers needed to be big enough to read under water through a mask and water. I hope by now you're getting the idea how big this watch is, but if not, I can tell you if you trace the circumference of a golf ball, the face of this watch would be bigger. The controls for setting the time are covered with a metal screw top lid that is quite distinctive and protrude significantly from the side of the watch.

It is complete given that when you wear this watch, people will notice and ask about it. In fact, in some ways, it's more of a conversation piece than a time piece. But that's not to take away from the quartz crystal (fairly standard for watches) and heavy construction.

Why do I like the watch?
Well, the primary reason is due to its originality and uniqueness. It's probably a bit too big and flashy for me to wear as an everyday watch (okay, not probably, it IS too big and flashy to wear as an everyday watch). However, you can easily use this as a time piece that sits on your desk as almost a desk clock. This may sound ridiculous, but the size of this watch is ridiculous. I wore this watch one day to work with the result that I had many people (more than 10) people ask about it, and even more where I could see they were looking and staring.

Why "Retro-bling"?
In case you're wondering, I made this term up because this watch uniquely provides a flash from the past along with a constant flash due to the gold trim, gold control knob, and immense size. I won't go as far to say that it's somewhat equivalent to wearing a brash gold chain around your neck, but this watch would be considered jewelry by many.

Who might buy this watch?

First off, you can't wear this watch and not draw attention to yourself. So, if you're shy and modest, this probably isn't the watch for you unless you're trying to break out of your shell. The good news is that the watch is so big you can almost hide behind it!

If you're a bigger person, maybe a bit on the big-boned side, this watch won't look like your body is dwarfing it. I can say that with high confidence. Small boned people will definitely look silly wearing this watch unless it's on a gold chain hanging around your neck (then it's a different kind of silly, but one that hopes for style points).

Any one with a conservative look, can keep looking. And anyone wanting an outrageous look, it might just be perfect for you.

I will say that the watch is rated to go down to 100meters, so actual diver's might be interested. But I'd bet that the gold trim was added by Invicta from the original 1959 Russian watch (their things tended to be plain, functional, and dreary).

This could be the gift for the man that has everything (although you might be taking a chance he may not anything ever from you again).

Finally, the construction of the watch is very solid. Quartz time keeping is known to be very accurate and my guess is that this watch will only loose less than a minute or two per month. Basically, it will keep adequate time because the technology is reliable. I honest don't know what makes the watch so heavy and thick, but you might get a bit of work out on your arm just by having it on.

Overall, it's hard to provide a solid recommendation on this watch because it's really a matter of style and taste.
VINE VOICEon September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice, high quality watch! Sharp looking and obvious craftsmanship. The face is LARGE and easy to read. In fact, it is a little too large for my taste. It is much larger and heavier than the average watch, but it is in fact a diver watch, so if you are wearing it while diving, I am sure that comes in handy and is not an issue. But for every day use, it is a little bulky, at least for my taste. The only other drawback that I found with this watch is that the bezel doesn't move. Now, I am not an avid diver, but that seems to be something that every divers watch would need to have. I also like the glow in the dark face on this watch...very nice!

Other than that, it is a great divers watch - classy, stylish, and well-made. For every day us, you may want a watch that is not quite as large (the face of this watch is just over 2 inches wide!). If you like large time pieces, this is a great watch and is distinctively eye-catching. This is a quality watch! It also comes set to the correct time, if you are in central standard time.

5 Stars!!

Bohdi Sanders, author of the award-winning bestseller, Modern Bushido: Living a Life of Excellence
VINE VOICEon September 19, 2011
Invicta Men's 1436 Russian Diver Black Rubber Dial Watch

Wow! This watch is BIG. I just recently bought a Swiss Military Hanowa Sealander Swiss Military Hanowa Men's 06-4096-13-079 Sealander Sport Orange Dial Watch chronograph, which was the largest watch I've ever owned. This bad boy just slapped that orange puppy in the face. See the photo I've uploaded with a side by side on my arm. I also took a picture with an actual Russian Paratrooper watch I bought while in Russia, actually The Soviet Union in 1989. I've always been a watch nut and the opportunity to test this watch is amazing. So far the size is what grabs you right upon opening the box. It is huge and will dominate your wrist. It is heavy too, almost 7 ounces. The face is not busy all the numerals are easy to read. They glow in the dark also but not as brightly as some watches I have. There is mention that the "Tritnite(tm)" glow feature is environmentally friendly, maybe that's why it's not so bright. Still, I can read it in the dark.

The watch is easy to set once you unscrew the crown seal. There is not day or date so you just pull and set the time. I do have a bit of difficulty putting on and taking off the watch. There is a bump at the tip of the rubber watch band that I suppose acts like a safety. This does make the band difficult to work.

The yellow Invicta case has a foul smell. I'm not sure what it's from but I don't find it pleasant at all. It transferred some of that odor to the watch but it's been fading as I've kept the watch out of the case. It appears the case may be made partially from leather so maybe that's the tanning residue? Something else I notice. The underside of the watch says "Swiss Parts Movement. " I find that curiously odd. My Swiss Military Hanowa watch clearly says Swiss Made right on the face. In the Invicta video other watches clearly say Swiss on the face, I don't know what this truly means. I have to assume the watch has some Swiss parts but is most likely made elsewhere. I can't find, so far, where it is made. It would be cool if it was made in Russia, but I believe it is made in China.

All that said this is still a way cool watch. It is a great "Bling" value at under a hundred dollars as I write this. If you like BIG watches, this won't disappoint. There are other watches in this family so maybe you could choose a different color or feature, a date feature would have been nice. This is my first Invicta watch, it won't be my last!
review image review image review image
on May 23, 2015
Watch is beautiful and looks exactly as pictured, however none fo the pictures show the watch on a mans wrist! This watch is humungous, at least 1 1/2 times the size of an average size mans watch. This is marketed towards the 20 and 30 something's. Amazon gladly arranged for me to return the item at no cost so big thumbs up for that!
on December 17, 2013
This is a really big watch and the stem is also BIG. I'm worried that I will catch the chain on the stem on something and rip it off. The band looks nice but is not really comfortable. Again, the stem sort of digs into your wrist because of it large size. Keeps time OK. Nice contrast of gold and black plastic on the band.
on August 27, 2013
I bought the watch for a friend who doesn't want to open an account in Amazon. To say the truth, the watch is really beautiful, its finish is amazing every detail is great, but... It is really too big. My friend is a small person 1.67 m (5' 6'') and the watch, for him, is like wearing a cathedral one. You must be a tall person (over 6' ~ 1.82 m) to feel comfortable with it. If you want to have this nice timepiece, take into account this. The 4 stars are not for the quality but for the size. There is a lot of people that cannot use this watch.
on February 13, 2015
This watch is a beast. It's beautiful and I only wear it for special occasions. The rubber is really thick at first so it's hard to tighten it up... heck, it's still tough hah. The picture does not do it justice.
on February 25, 2014
Watch is a great watch if you like big watches I do nice size weight. look good on your wrist for casual dress or dressing up to go out somewhere nice I know when I wear one of my watches I get get compliments all the time.
on January 8, 2013
If you are considering buying this watch BUY IT! You will not regret it. I never get extended warranties. I am getting one for this watch. Delivery was quick. 2 day. The packaging from Amazon.com left a little to be desired( it was just boxed and taped closed. No type of cushioning at all.) .... Anywayzzz... The watch is nothing short of beautifully made... worth every dime...
on October 28, 2013
This watch is very beautiful but I have a small wrist but I love big russian divers so anyone with a small wrist that buys this watch I reccomend to wear maybe a sweater or anything that can draw some attention away with it becuase looks a little funny on a small wrist and wearing a short sleeve shirt brings allot of attention to a already big and bright watch. But PEOPLE will notice how nice this watch is. Very worth your money. Jist brings allot of attention