Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 1437 Russian Diver Blue Dial Black Polyurethane Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon August 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My first impression of this watch? Solid.

I've worn a dive watch for close to fifteen years now. In fact, I've had the same Citizen timepiece for all that time. And unlike most people (I'm guessing) who wear dive watches, I went on a fair number of dives with it, some to over a hundred feet. All that to say I know what a dive watch should feel like. It is a rugged, heavy-duty piece of equipment that hopefully last a long, long time.

Only a few weeks ago, though, I noticed the analog portion of my Citizen wasn't behaving properly. (Usually that's a sign of a dying battery, but I just had the battery replaced.) That's when my wife suggested I get a new watch. Then my Vine catalog showed up with this Invicta watch as an option. So I snatched it up!

This watch is every bit as solid in construction as my Citizen. I believe it will go every inch of the 330 feet it says it can. Seriously, it just feels like a well-made watch. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles on this model, but if the baseline model is this solid, it bodes well for the rest of the line. Buy with confidence.

I also really like the large glow-in-the-dark dial. Easy to read at all times. (And depths, I'll bet.)

I only have a few nits to mention. First, I find it odd that the bezel doesn't rotate. That's a useful feature for diving, and to me, would seem to be something you'd put on every dive model. Also, the crown cover is a bit larger than I might prefer. Not a huge deal, and it certainly fits the style of the watch, but it can impede bending your hand back.

Overall though, wow, what a cool watch.
on October 18, 2015
Like all Russian Divers its big. Really big. The gold is nice. The blue dial is ok depending on the lighting it looks black.
I would usually give a watch like this 3-4 stars.
Thanks to an oversaturated market and fierce retail competition I was able to get this watch for free.
Amazon was running a ridiculously insane promo. I purchased a beautiful blue and gold Invicta Rally S1 for $150. (Which was already below market price) With the Promotion I got this one for FREE.
on March 22, 2015
Beautiful watch. Awesome price! Fast shipping. Great quality. Invicta watches are the best watches For both women and men. Absolutely beautiful idyl time piece and great for a gift. Was a gift for my father for Valentine's Day.
VINE VOICEon August 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice, high quality watch! Sharp looking and obvious craftsmanship. The face is LARGE and easy to read. In fact, it is a little too large for my taste. It is much larger and heavier than the average watch, but it is in fact a diver watch, so if you are wearing it while diving, I am sure that comes in handy and is not an issue. But for every day use, it is a little bulky, at least for my taste. The only other drawback that I found with this watch is that the bezel doesn't move. Now, I am not an avid diver, but that seems to be something that every divers watch would need to have.

Other than that, it is a great divers watch - classy, stylish, and well-made. For every day us, you may want a watch that is not quite as large (the face of this watch is just over 2 inches wide!). If you like large time pieces, this is a great watch and is distinctively eye-catching. I gave it 4 Stars simply because of the lack of comfort in wearing such a large watch during my daily activities, but don't let that deter you; this is a quality watch!
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
bold, blue and really, rally big. i got this watch to wear away from work. to compare this wrist watch to a normal one you buy at the jewler--would be like putting a man's wrist watch on a new born pre-me baby. this watch is huge. i have big arms and wrists but this watch is way to big to wear anyware. it is a divers watch but even then it is bigger then that. this size of watch belongs on big bird of sesame street but even then it might be toooooooooooooo big for him. update--8/27 just got back from more training with the dog. been in the water most of the day, (0500-1800 hrs) i put the watch on for our timed rescues and water trials. the watch came through with flying colors. the only problem that i had was when advancing rope the watch would catch on the rope. other than that it performed well.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The watch pictured on the Amazon page was not the watch I got...not exactly. Although, yes, it IS the same watch, it differs markedly in hand from its picture. The main problem I have with it is that it is almost cartoonishly large and clunky. No offense to hip hop artists, but this piece of jewelry looks as though it would fit in well with the heavy chains and pendants favored by some artists on that particular circuit. Not saying it's bad, it just wasn't for me. Functionally, the watch seemed to keep good time and was easy to use. But the styling was way off for me.
VINE VOICEon September 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My husband isn't a diver, but he rides a Harley on the weekends. The only time he wears this watch is while riding. The watch face is large and he can merely glance at it and know the time. Personally, I think it looks like a cartoon watch, but my husband likes it and says it serves the purpose he has.
on December 28, 2011
This watch was bigger than what i expected and the dial was more purple than blue. It's an okay watch if your trying to show off for someone, but overall its a great watch just not what I expected.
on December 2, 2015
Very nice watch! I like how invicta makes it to look like very expensive watches! Very good quality and excellent materials!
review image
VINE VOICEon December 17, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I choose this watch simply because I needed a watch to use when in the water as my job sometimes allows me to work in rivers and streams, rare but fun when allowed. When I received the timepiece I found it to be a bit impractical due to the heavy weight (I have mild carpal tunnel), the large face plate and my small wrists. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so large when I ordered it. Others in my family however found the watch very useful, my son fell in love with it immediately upon seeing it so if you have a teen in your home that likes "Serious Bling" as my son referred to it, this would make a great gift. My dad liked the watch for the very reasons I disliked it, the large face plate and easy to see numbers, so the watch is quite useful to those with vision impairments.

As far as appearance it is a beautiful watch, just too heavy for my wrists and too big for my taste. But, as with any watch, beauty is in the eye of the purchaser. What I don't like, others will and as a watch it does what it's supposed to do, keeps time perfectly.

See 1 answered question