4.0 out of 5 stars Solid dive watch.
My first impression of this watch? Solid.

Published on August 24, 2011 by Kerry Nietz

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but not fun
Published on October 24, 2011 by Rick R. Reed

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid dive watch., August 24, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1437 Russian Diver Blue Dial Black Polyurethane Watch (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My first impression of this watch? Solid.

I've worn a dive watch for close to fifteen years now. In fact, I've had the same Citizen timepiece for all that time. And unlike most people (I'm guessing) who wear dive watches, I went on a fair number of dives with it, some to over a hundred feet. All that to say I know what a dive watch should feel like. It is a rugged, heavy-duty piece of equipment that hopefully last a long, long time.

Only a few weeks ago, though, I noticed the analog portion of my Citizen wasn't behaving properly. (Usually that's a sign of a dying battery, but I just had the battery replaced.) That's when my wife suggested I get a new watch. Then my Vine catalog showed up with this Invicta watch as an option. So I snatched it up!

This watch is every bit as solid in construction as my Citizen. I believe it will go every inch of the 330 feet it says it can. Seriously, it just feels like a well-made watch. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles on this model, but if the baseline model is this solid, it bodes well for the rest of the line. Buy with confidence.

I also really like the large glow-in-the-dark dial. Easy to read at all times. (And depths, I'll bet.)

I only have a few nits to mention. First, I find it odd that the bezel doesn't rotate. That's a useful feature for diving, and to me, would seem to be something you'd put on every dive model. Also, the crown cover is a bit larger than I might prefer. Not a huge deal, and it certainly fits the style of the watch, but it can impede bending your hand back.

Overall though, wow, what a cool watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attention getter for every day use, will see how it performs in water soon!, August 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband is a big guy, and surprisingly this watch was really even too big for him. Honestly, it looks ridiculous for everyday wear for a laid-back everyday "Joe". However, he does have a dive coming up so we are going to put it to the test. The dive was scheduled for summer but got cancelled due to weather, so hopefully it will be within the next month or two so I can update this review.

My teenage son immediately took to the watch though and said it would be so cool to wear to school. He has a date tonight and asked if he could wear it. Although my son is only 5'9" and 161 lbs, it looked really good on him! It fit in with his fashion forward "look" with aviator sunglasses. The addition of the watch provided just the right amount of bling that it actually worked for him. I am uploading two pictures with my review so you can get an idea of how this watch will look on a young man.

Since this watch is so big, I would recommend trying on this type of watch in person before making a purchase so you can evaluate how you feel wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, May 22, 2014
Great watch it looks nice. I will get another one and tell my friends about it. Wow , Wow , Wow , Wow!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars invicta diver, December 28, 2011
This watch was bigger than what i expected and the dial was more purple than blue. It's an okay watch if your trying to show off for someone, but overall its a great watch just not what I expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but not fun, October 24, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The watch pictured on the Amazon page was not the watch I got...not exactly. Although, yes, it IS the same watch, it differs markedly in hand from its picture. The main problem I have with it is that it is almost cartoonishly large and clunky. No offense to hip hop artists, but this piece of jewelry looks as though it would fit in well with the heavy chains and pendants favored by some artists on that particular circuit. Not saying it's bad, it just wasn't for me. Functionally, the watch seemed to keep good time and was easy to use. But the styling was way off for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very large, September 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband isn't a diver, but he rides a Harley on the weekends. The only time he wears this watch is while riding. The watch face is large and he can merely glance at it and know the time. Personally, I think it looks like a cartoon watch, but my husband likes it and says it serves the purpose he has.

3.0 out of 5 stars wrist watch, August 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
bold, blue and really, rally big. i got this watch to wear away from work. to compare this wrist watch to a normal one you buy at the jewler--would be like putting a man's wrist watch on a new born pre-me baby. this watch is huge. i have big arms and wrists but this watch is way to big to wear anyware. it is a divers watch but even then it is bigger then that. this size of watch belongs on big bird of sesame street but even then it might be toooooooooooooo big for him. update--8/27 just got back from more training with the dog. been in the water most of the day, (0500-1800 hrs) i put the watch on for our timed rescues and water trials. the watch came through with flying colors. the only problem that i had was when advancing rope the watch would catch on the rope. other than that it performed well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice!, August 25, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice, high quality watch! Sharp looking and obvious craftsmanship. The face is LARGE and easy to read. In fact, it is a little too large for my taste. It is much larger and heavier than the average watch, but it is in fact a diver watch, so if you are wearing it while diving, I am sure that comes in handy and is not an issue. But for every day use, it is a little bulky, at least for my taste. The only other drawback that I found with this watch is that the bezel doesn't move. Now, I am not an avid diver, but that seems to be something that every divers watch would need to have.

Other than that, it is a great divers watch - classy, stylish, and well-made. For every day us, you may want a watch that is not quite as large (the face of this watch is just over 2 inches wide!). If you like large time pieces, this is a great watch and is distinctively eye-catching. I gave it 4 Stars simply because of the lack of comfort in wearing such a large watch during my daily activities, but don't let that deter you; this is a quality watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 29, 2014
Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Diver, August 20, 2012
I just love this watch. I've gotten so many complements. The size of the face and the quality of the band is perfect. I'll purchase another diver soon as I find the right one. Also I like the color of the face which turns blue and black. I think this is the greatest watch ever.