4.0 out of 5 stars Massive!
This watch is big, be prepared to receive some attention! At 52mm not including the oversized "canteen" crown protector, this watch has quite the wrist presence. Additionally, due to a flat caseback, it wears larger than other models of a similar diameter may. If you're looking for a big watch, then this may be the one for you.

It is solidly constructed,...
Published on September 1, 2011 by Paul M. Provencher

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
I like it, but return it! It's big, really too big.
Published 2 months ago by KSA

4.0 out of 5 stars Massive!, September 1, 2011
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1438 Russian Diver Gold Dial Black Polyurethane Watch (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

It is solidly constructed, plenty of heft and no "play" in the lug area or the crown. The second hand hits its mark consistently, and being a quartz movement there is no concern of accuracy. The gold plating seems consistent, and as with other Invicta models should hold up well over time.

The strap is thick, which is both good and bad. There is no concern over the strap failing to hold this beast, but at the same time its thickness (and material choice - silicone instead of poly may have been the right choice here) makes it less pliable and less conforming to the wrist. For folks with a 7-7.5" wrist, this probably has the perfect wrap, but if you are much smaller or larger than that, the rigid strap may lead to a less than ideal fit. However, if this is a concern for you, don't let it stop you from purchasing, numerous 26mm leather straps exist as an option - although bear in mind they will use only one lug pin rather than the two pin model on this watch - just use the holes closest to the case if you do.

All around a very nice watch that just screams "look at me", losing a point primarily only due to the strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge! And Guady, October 6, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is huge, gaudy and very sturdy. I knew it was gaudy so that was good. I hoped it would be sturdy. But I had no idea how truely huge it would be. This looks just right on a muscular man. But if you don't have bulk - I'd pass it by. This takes both body size and attitude to pull off.

4.0 out of 5 stars DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR WRIST, September 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are looking at an Invicta watch, you basically know what you are getting as far as the quality of the product, and you can tell from the picture whether or not this is the style for you. What is not clear from the picture is just how large the face of the watch is, and it is large. It is large enough that a somewhat short and scrawny person like me looks ridiculous in it. The watch has some weight to it, which many of us prefer, but if you are not a rather large person, look for another model. Or maybe hit the gym. I'm too lazy for that, so I'll go with somewhat less massive wrist-watches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Huge and shiny, December 24, 2012
First of all wow , things a behemoth lol which I truly like but fair warning its size and weight do overpower your wrist.
Second, I've had it for 3 days and have already had well over 10 compliments on it I'm a salesmen and man this attests with sales
Only setback which might bother other people is the big side piece does hit the top of your wrist constantly not recommended for lefty's ! This is the 3rd Invicta watch I've bought from amazon ! Have never had any problems and delivery was fast !
I would recommend this watch to a right handed person who likes big face watches !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for the money, May 20, 2014
This is the first Invicta watch that I have ever bought, I bought this about over a year ago. Since then I have bought four more Invicta watches because of the different styling that you can buy and because of the build quality. Not to mention the prices on these watches are so low compared to other watch brands out there that do not even come close to the build quality of these watches. Keep in mind that these watches are in fact quite huge, they are not really meant to be worn while wearing any type of clothing that is even a little tight around the wrists. I wear this watch all of the time to work and everyone compliments on how huge it is and that they have never seen a watch like this before. I tell them that I have a lot more, and every now and then I get customers that also have Invicta watches and it's like being part of a club once you own an Invicta watch. The screwing cap on the side of the watch can hurt your wrist if you have the watch on your left wrist. I have an almost permanent bruise from wearing it all of the time on my left side. Even with that said, I still like this watch and think that it's a fashion statement. Did I mention that the face of the watch is 52mm! It can be heavy at times, in fact some of my coworkers and friends tell me that I must be building more muscle on my left arm than my right arm because of how heavy it is. Another thing that I get a lot from people is that this watch can be used as a weapon, all it takes it one throw of the fist and the face of the watch hitting someone in the face and I can assure you that would really hurt. So not only do you get a watch but also a weapon, I'm not kidding either. This watch is really heavy and I sure know that I would not want to be hit with it. I would recommend this watch to a guy out there that wants a nice big watch that doesn't cost much and looks great. The color of the watch has slightly, very slightly faded...which is expected since I've been wearing this watch almost non-stop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, November 4, 2011
Damn good watch
PROS:
looks great on me, i am an average sized guy (6' 190lbs), gets compliments everywhere, people tell me it is too flashy sometimes(im not black), pretty scratch proof

CONS:
The bigass dial bumps into the base of the top of your hand when your hand is bent (if wearing on the left hand) I know it is convention to wear on the left, it is more comfortable on the right. polyurethane strap sometimes catches hair, but its a watch. oh well.

overall: i would buy another, totally recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter!, February 22, 2013
HUGE! I've added two more inches to my left bicep in just the last few days! I think Russian Divers must use this instead of a weight belt for buoyancy. Ok, you get the point. I needed to move the button over on the left cuff of my shirt but I still give it a 4. It's cool for a large watch. The strap is extremely stiff and a little difficult to fasten. So overall, if it wasn't for its size and stiffness it would get a 5! Hmmm, come to think about it women may love this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compliments!!!, January 8, 2014
For this price ? Are you kidding me? YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! Makes Michael kors look simple and mediocre

5.0 out of 5 stars Very best watches., February 26, 2013
I'm 18 years old and I decided to bought one of these just because of the size and specific simple style.

First of all,these are really big watches. 50 mm in diametr is way bigger than regular ~ 30-40 mm. Classmates don't watch on wall watches any more.
Secondly,the thing on the right side with a chain gives a perfect zest to this watch. And it doesn't grab hair on arm as I thought.
Thirdly,the beld fits good to my ~ 6.5 ' wrist. Even I'm fit they look good.

All in all,I'm totally satisfied with Invicta Russian Diver. Big and shinny gold watch,what else you can wish for?

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice dive watch for the money, December 21, 2012
Received quickly and very pleased with appearance of this watch. Will test dive performance and update if any issues. Gold plating on strap makes watch appear to be more expensive than some of the other Invicta Russian series.

Rate and Discover Movies