Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon September 12, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is a lot to like about this watch, especially for $50, which is a ridiculously good price. I love the large numbers, the very comfortable and stylish leather band, and the overall look and feel. This is simply one great watch for one great price. (Note: at the time of this review the price was $50, it looks now that the price has been increased to $99, however, after using/wearing this watch now for several weeks I would still purchase it for the current price.)
on August 30, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Invicta's Men's 1461 watch offers a simple but attractive presentation. The dial face is actually a slightly lighter shade of brown than comes across in the product pictured, but that gives it more contrast with the dark leather band (a plus, in my opinion). The anchor numbers (12, 3, 6, and 9) are very large and easily read, making this watch a perfect fit for older men or others with impaired vision; the minute hand, in particular, stands out sharply against the watch face, but the hour hand is also easily read.

Having such large numbers makes the calendar date display seem even smaller than it is - and it is already pretty small (which seems odd if this watch really is aimed at an older market - it may not be). The date display is the only problem I have had with the watch, in fact. It keeps perfect time, fits comfortably on my arm, and is perfectly presentable in an office environment. But, for some reason, on the second day I had the watch I noticed that it had moved up three full calendar days (on its own) within a four-hour window of actual time. I noticed while re-setting the date that the mechanism that sets the date seems to be "spinning" slightly because it takes an effort to get it to actually move the numbers. It now only moves the days in a forward progression, and I am fairly certain that it also moved them backward when I first set the date and time on the watch.

Bottom line: I am fine with the watch as it is, but this early failure of the date-setting mechanism limits my overall rating of the product. Of course, this one failure may be a rare exception for this model - no way to know.
on September 15, 2011
A serious watch for the person, irrespective of gender, who can effectively 'carry' 'a serious watch.' Classy as all get out, sturdy, beautiful, 'means business.' Contrary to one reviewer's impression, I find the placement and size of the 'date' indicator 'perfect' (all such impressions being necessarily subjective).

My point is, if you in awe of this item's appearance as rendered online (as was I), and you are wondering if it really IS that gorgeous when on your own (or someone else's) arm: Yes, it really is, so go for it. (I say this, of course, having never had a problem with any Amazon return, although perhaps I have merely been lucky.)

UPDATE, about two months later (11/21/2011): Still keeps time perfectly, still love it.
on August 10, 2011
Looks better than the picture. My first Invicta and first on amazon as well. Did not want to spend much money this first watch.Presents real well, looks fantastic, recieved it in 2 days. The white numbers and markings on dial have almost a pearl effect, looks real rich. A good bargain for $99.00. I will buy my watches on amazon, I am happy with my purchase.
on July 28, 2011
For casual use, this watch is a great choice, at a great value. Brown face is a conservative color that will please many. Solid construction. Big size, but looks great. For $99 is a great deal, and for $50 is a steal. Delivery by Amazon was fast, as usual. Happy with the purchase, and would recommend to others.
VINE VOICEon September 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First of all, I'm not a "watch guy." I don't do watch websites or magazines, and don't know the technical terms that watch geeks know. But I do know what I like, and this Invicta is a mixed bag.

Looks-wise, it's really nice - much nicer than in photos. The brown face is pretty unique and the treatment of both the bezel and the crown look great in person. The leather is extremely supple and the stitching doesn't irritate my wrist - something I've had problems with in the past. I've taken it in my pool repeatedly (chlorine), the ocean (salt) and shower with no decrease in flexibility and softness. Very nice.

The crystal appears to be very tough as well - I've banged it into any number of doorways and other items and it still looks crystal clear. As far as accuracy, it's pretty good. Mine does lose a bit of time, but minimal - seconds a week rather than minutes, so there's no real problem for me. Sure I'd like it to be perfectly accurate forever and ever, but I'm a realistic guy.

However, there are a couple of issues: first, the movement is a bit sloppy. Maybe it's the OCD part of my personality, but I like the second hand to move very tightly and to land right on the second hash marks. This watch doesn't lock up like that though. The hand rarely points directly to a hash mark, and worse, it's off by varying degrees. Sometimes it lands directly in the middle, sometimes close to one or the other side. And that, for me, is irritating.

Second, the glow-in-the-dark stuff they've put on the hands and face is useless. Unless you hold it directly under a lightbulb, it's extremely dim in the dark. After a bit of time, it's just invisible. Forget about waking up in the middle of the night and checking your watch - it's not happening.

But you have to take this stuff in context. At only $49 you can't expect Omega quality and craftmanship. What you get, though, is a nice, hefty watch with great feel, great looks, and a nice band. I'm certainly not complaining.
VINE VOICEon September 13, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really had my doubts about the Invicta watch, but those doubts were unfounded once the watch arrived. The Invicta 1461 watch feels like a well made watch. It has a large face with to read numbers, a comfortable leather strap, and a very easy to manipulate, oversize crown. The watch has a surprisingly good scratch resistant crystal, it seems to hold up to everyday bumps and bangs without issue. The watch I recieved has a very accurate movement, gaining only 1 second every 2 weeks. I find this level of accuracy in an analog watch of this price point to be quite exceptional.

Nitpicks: The size of the crown, though easy to manipulate, looks clownishly large and can be extremely painful to the back of the hand when worn on the left wrist. A case with a crown-guard would have been much nicer for several reasons. The date display is tiny and looks disproportionate to the rest of the watch face. Neither of these "issues" are enough to detract from the watch, as these so-called issues are readily visible before purchase. The one nitpick that does detract from the overall utility of this watch is the luminous material used on the digits and hands, as it does not glow very brightly, nor does it last more than 45 minutes after spending a day in full sunlight. Overall a very nice watch thats quality falls in-line with its retail pricing (not the grossly overinflated MSRP).
on August 31, 2012
At the price of $33.19, this watch is just about the best Invicta watch value to be had on Amazon. It looks much nicer on your wrist than in Amazon's photos. I now have 4 Invicta watches - all are quartz and all keep very accurate time. Many Invicta watches seem to be a hit-or-miss when it comes to quality control, but I seemed to have lucked out, so far. This 1461 had no discernable defects as mentioned by some of the other reviewers. It is a large watch that completely covers the top of my wrist and I have the band tightened to the next-to-the-last notch. It's very comfortable to wear, considering its size. The brown dial is a very dark shade of brown, almost appearing black. The strange thing about the 1460 series is that the price varies a great deal, depending on the color of the watch dial. The black, blue and yellow dial versions tend to cost much more, sometimes almost double what I paid for this one! Makes very little economic sense to me. But I'm glad I got this at such a low price. I can tell the time without my glasses. For a $10 premium over a run-of-the-mill Walmart Timex or Casio, buying this is a no-brainer!
on October 17, 2012
EDIT after 3 months: The watch literally fell apart after 2 1/2 months. The band broke off which I might be willing to replace on my own since the watch was such a good deal except that the pin to set the time also fell out. So now we can't change the time and moisture gets into the hole left without the pin and fogs up the glass. All in all a COMPLETE disappointment as this was a gift for our 2 year anniversary. Would not recommend this!

I bought this watch as an anniversary present for my boyfriend. I haven't given it to him yet so, I can't say how he likes it, but I thought it was stunning. The price was so reasonable. It comes in a beautiful yellow box. I would highly recommend it!
on July 26, 2011
Nice watch, good quality was impressed with quality of the soft leather strap And overall quality cant be beat for the price brown is reall nice color for this watch

See 1 answered question