5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for lefties
Published on November 23, 2011 by J. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 1513
The fit & finish of this watch is outstanding. For the money (approx 90 USD when I purchased), you are getting a lot. Hold one of these up to other wristwatches in the $100-200 price bracket and the difference in quality is obvious; the Invicta 1513 is in a different class.

Published 18 months ago by amazon_tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch for lefties, November 23, 2011
J. Green (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1513 I Force Collection Stainless Steel and Cloth Watch (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not used to the currently stylish BIG watches, but this one looks very nice. The actual face of the watch measures 1.75" across, 2" if you include the button on the side. The face is a nice dark blue and black color, and the band is lined with soft leather on the inside and black cloth fabric on the outside which gives it a more casual look. There are a lot of adjustment holes and they're spaced pretty close together so you can comfortably adjust the fit on your wrist. The chronograph (stop watch) functions are easy to use (for when my kids want to know how fast they've ridden their bikes around the block or how long they hold their breath underwater!) and have dials for 10ths of a second, seconds, and minutes. The only thing I find a little awkward is the placing of the date, which is on an angle and by the 4 instead of the 3, but I'm getting used to it. The date can be adjusted by pulling the center dial out one click instead of having to move the watch hands all the way around like some watches. In all, this is a very nice looking watch (and yes, it really does come in a bright yellow box).

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, lots of features, December 4, 2011
Length:: 1:27 Mins

As my video shows, this is a well made, handsome watch. I hope it shows how nice this watch is. Great for anyone interested in flying, or simply needing an easy to read watch. Family owned company with a quality product.

EDIT: Been wearing for over a month, keeps perfect time and all functions are GO. I wanted to add this because some reviews of Invicta indicate they stopped keeping time. If this watch has an issue, I will update again, but so far I am very happy.

EDIT: 7/16/13 This watch is still going strong. I have yet to replace the battery even though it spends weeks at a time unused. It still looks great and keeps perfect time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch 5 star, band 3 star...at best..., January 5, 2012
Beautiful watch face...I thought it may be too big but actually it is just fine...I've already gotten a few compliments on the watch and I've only had it a week or so. While the watch band is comfortable, unfortunately the material on the outside of the band is black fabric and has already shown signs of wear after only wearing the watch for a few days. The inside of the watch band is leather, and comfortable on my wrist. But I can already tell that that the band is going to need to be replaced sooner than later as the watch band holes already are fraying...My better half says that the watch band looks so inferior to the watch itself. I hate to say this, but...she is right. (there, I said it!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect watch for a racing enthusiast, January 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love a good watch and I have a fair-sized collection of them, however, mine are all mechanical watches, the kind that need to be wound. This watch appealed to me for a few reasons:

* It's BIG - Large watches are all the rage now and I didn't have any that were near this size.
* It looks sporty - The watches in my collection are all dress watches and this one is more for the sportsman.
* It's complicated - The features on a watch such as the day, date, moon phases, etc. are referred to as "complications." They are usually expensive when offered on a mechanical watch but are common and affordable on quartz models such as this one.
* It's accurate - Although I love the aesthetics of a mechanical watch the truth is that quartz watches are usually much more accurate.

The Invicta 1513 I Force did not disappoint. The face is a brilliant, almost iridescent blue. The large buttons make it easy to control the stop-watch features. I like having date feature instead of the day (I have always thought that if you don't know what day it is you don't really need a watch.)

Speaking of the stop watch features; this watch has separate dials for tenths of a second, seconds, and minutes. This would really come in handy if someone was a track coach or an auto racer. All in all a nice, practical watch at a very affordable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Looking, Solid Men's Watch for Lefties, January 3, 2012
Lisa Baker (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a BIG watch that comes in a very nice bright yellow box with instruction manual and warranty.

It measures 1.75 inches in diameter, 2 inches if you include the crown. It weighs 3.5 ounces and also is 1/2 inch thick. The thickness makes it tough to fit under the cuff of a dress shirt but this is a casual/sport watch and not designed with that in mind.

I like the black cloth strap with leather stitched to the underside. I just wish the strap was a little bigger for my husband. His wrist measures about 8 inches in circumference and has only 2 holes left on the band. When summer hits, he'll probably need the remaining holes in order for the watch to fit comfortably.

The blue face with white numbers makes it easy to read the time. It glows in the dark after being exposed to light for a few minutes.
The 3 subdials measure minutes, seconds, and 1/10 seconds as part of the stopwatch feature. However, it is a little tough to read the subdials due to their size.

Great watch overall and made well with a leftie in mind. Definitely worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aviation Watches at its Best, August 29, 2012
Jimmy Kim (United States) - See all my reviews
One of the most beautiful watches I have ever seen.
Large face and beautiful color.
This watch is versatile enough to be worn casually and doesn't take much to be dressed up with.

The strap brings up some concern because of the material. Putting it on and off often causes it to crease badly and it eventually changes color and wears over time.
I would suggest changing the band once in a while depending on usage.

Pros: Large Face, Durable, Versatile, and relatively cheap($99 on amazing Amazon)!
Cons: Wristband is prone to being damaged

Price: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Versatility: 5/5
Flashing this beautiful watch in front of your Ex: 100/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Based on 2 watches and the 76$ I paid for each one, definitely I like it., October 14, 2013
I have ordered two of these watches one for me and the other for a friend of mine.
both are working fine looks same as high quality watchs 200$+, watch does not feel cheap at all, of course not deserves the first original before discount price, but can be compared with watch with 200$ around price tag, watch strap is a little bit longer than normal, strap material (the black cloth) collects dust and dirt quicker than normal leather straps which leaves the watch as if its used for ages, but you can use leather shoes spray\cleaner and it can restore the new fresh look back to it.

Never tested the watch under the water.

watch is accurate. some people complaints that in stop watch second hand has to do many rounds\laps while resetting the stop watch to zero, worst case when 30 minutes have been passed out, resetting the stop watch while being at this position makes the seconds hand do 30 rounds (for the 30 minutes) to reset the stop watch minute hand back to its zero position.
if less or more than 30 minutes passed, stop watch minute hand will rotate clock wise or opposite to clockwise in order to minimize the second hand number of rounds. In all cases it happens fast and for me I like to see it rotate and do many rounds after using my stop watch.

Box smell is so bad not the watch itself as some people says.

Likes:
- Big bulky and has very good wight.
- Easy to read big numbers and glows well in dark.
- genuine leather.
- 1/10 of second stop watch.
- looks as expensive as 2X $$$ watches but not 8X and 9X as announced.
- Tachymeter scale on inner bezel gives even bigger look.
- blue reflective dial.
- Lefty design.

Dislikes:
- Strap material collects dirt so quickly (can be washed and cleaned not critical deal).
- Strap little bit longer than average (i have average to below average wrest size).
- One of the watches has its Seconds "the Red Arm" is not 100% aligned to all digits and hours grades especially from hour 9 to 12 (Don't worry not easily noticeable).

I recommend this watch for anyone looking for a sporty casual watch that looks nice and not cheap at all with good features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend!, November 13, 2013
I've lost count of how many compliments I've gotten on this watch. It's got an extremely attractive, bright, shiny body and face, with a comfortable band. So far, it keeps impeccably perfect time, and takes the minor abuse of wearing it to work without showing any notable scuffs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta 1513, June 27, 2013

Out of carelessness, I've already knocked the mineral dial window pretty good against some unyielding metal surfaces, and I've yet to see a scratch. However, I'm certain that with its large diameter and flat surface (i.e. no convexity, like some dial windows), a heavy blow to the center could crack it. But you were going to take off your nice Invicta before tugging at those brake rotors anyways, right?
On that topic, note the case diameter is 45mm, and the thickness is 12mm -quite large. This is just fine for me, but some folks might find this disproportionately big for their wrist.

The luminous hands and numbers remain incredibly bright after just a little direct sunlight; you won't have an issue telling time in the dark.

It's a quartz movement, and mine has not lost more than 30sec in the last month, which is to say it may not have lost any time at all over this period, since I'm not scrutinizing it below a 30sec error.

If you're concerned about the odd lug spacing (21mm), don't be. A 22mm nylon or canvas strap will fit just fine. I replaced the stock canvas/leather combo strap as soon as I got this watch - just personal preference.

I am giving four stars because mine came with a dead battery. Otherwise, it would be 5. It's possible this model shipped from the factory with a fresh one, then sat in a warehouse for 2 years. We'll never know. Either way, since other reviewers have shared this annoyance, this model might make for an awkward gift-giving experience. I'll further take the opp to say that I don't recommend changing this battery yourself unless you don't mind risking a permanent defeat of the water resistance gaskets, and a void of the warranty. This is just SOP for 100m watches, in my opinion. It shouldn't cost you more than $20 at a jeweler's, including price of the new battery.

Update 8-July-2014:
The new battery I put in this wristwatch upon receiving it only lasted about 6 months before the movement would randomly freeze. Upon noticing my watch had stopped, I would reset it to the correct time. Repeat ad nauseam. Eventually I replaced the battery again. This resetting of the movement became increasingly necessary until May of this year (2014) when the movement would stop within 1-2min of resetting and it was clear the battery was not the issue. I took the watch to a local repair shop and the repair person concluded the original quartz movement had failed. He ordered and installed a new one for me. Cost of part was approx $60 USD. Watch has now worked great for a month with no loss of time.

I should add that this wristwatch had never been touched by water, let alone submerged, so I reason that the quartz movement was faulty at time of shipment/purchase.

As a result, I'm reducing my rating to 3 stars. I still like the watch, but I don't recommend purchasing it online unless you have a clock/watch repair shop nearby. Because it's possible other 1513s will ship with this same issue and, to my knowledge, the only alternative is sending this watch overseas for repair at Invicta.
I did not attempt to contact the seller for a refund/return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have one of these, October 11, 2012
What can I say? first time owning a invicta watch and one of the best watches I have ever purchased. Price is very good. Quality is excellent. Recommend to anyone.