Industrial Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

VINE VOICEon March 18, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Ok, so let me tell you, when I got the watch, I was like, oh yeah, great, one more Invicta. But this watch is getting noticed. I have had many people asking me about it and taking note of it, they liked it.

The watch has a whitish dial, and the controls are on the left side instead of the typical right side. The seconds hand is reddish. The strap is not sweaty and feels comfortable. I won't go on describing the size and material as it is exactly as shown in the various nice photos and specifications.

Do not be impressed with the amount of discount shown on Invicta watches. Like a 700 dollar watch sold for 99 dollars. The watch is indeed a 99 dollar watch. If you have been using expensive watches, you shall immidiately feel the watch is of lower quality than those. So do not expect this to be a 300 dollar watch.

But as I said, there is something about this watch, that just looks good. And that's the important thing! You get noticed! The watch stands out, it looks nicely engineered and designed, and its big in size, which I love. We won't go into the typical keeps time well, and how to adjust the time, chrono etc. Generally you buy these watches to look good, and yes, this one will look good on you, during a night party out, at work, at evening dinner, ladies will be happy, and co-workers ask about it.
on October 11, 2012
The watch is just like in the photo, it's nice.

The issue is that it hasn't worked for me from the start.
The watch stopped from day 1. I thought it was the battery, so I changed it.
After 1 minute, the watch stopped again. What was strange was that it only stopped when worn.

Fortunately, I found (by pure luck) that if the backhood is not closed tight, the watch won't stop anymore.
Although I managed to make the watch run again I don't think it's normal to keep the backhood untight to keep the watch functioning.

Also, I have sent an email to Invicta asking for some guidance of approved repair service in my area, and they have not replied. Unprofessional.
I will probably never buy an Invicta product again.

I'm giving it 2 stars instead of 1 as the watch is nice and it works (currently. Who knows how long?)
VINE VOICEon December 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My first impression was how much I liked the black and white detail of the dial but at the same time I realized the white tipped hands were a poor choice for this execution. I have often found in my experience that the pictures don't accurately portray the contrast of the hands, many times offering more contrast in person. But in this case the picture is accurate and properly displays the poor contrast of the white tipped hands against the white dial. This is not an at a glance watch which ironically considering this is supposed to be a pilot style design is supposed to be at a glance. With experience you find your eye drawn to the black of the hands to read the time.

Everything else about this watch I love! I really mean that, it has caused me to reconsider purchases in the future because of things about this watch that I really like that in the past would not be a selling point for me or even caused me not to consider a watch. First, typically I am not a fan of white dials and have dismissed possible purchases because of a white dial, but no more and am even now on the hunt for white dial watches. I can't explain it but the white dial just looks good on the wrist.

Second, this is the first watch that I have ever had that has the combination canvas upper and leather lower strap. I love this strap and will now look for watches with it and even buy some straps for my other watches. Third, this is my first lefty and in retrospect probably shouldn't be since I am right handed and like to wear my watches close to the hand. If you are right-handed you normally wear your watch on your left wrist which means the crown is aimed at the hand and if you like to wear your watches close to your hand the crown can often dig in but the lefty design of the watch means the crown is aimed up the arm and makes it perfect for those that like to wear their watch close to the hand.

A couple of other really nice things about this watch is the luminescence and the movement. All the hands except the big second hand have luminescence even the sub dial hands but the real star of the show here is the Arabic numerals all glow which makes for a great night shot. This makes a great movie watch.

The watch did not include any specific movement description but I believe it has a Seiko VD57, another great quartz chronograph movement. What makes this particular movement desirable is the second hand. Typically chronographs use a sub dial to display the constantly running second hand and the big second hand is the chronograph second hand. The VD57 has a constantly running big second hand and the sub dial at the 12 position is the chronograph second hand. Another thing about the watch is because it is a lefty the function pushers are reversed, now the start/stop is on the bottom and the reset is on the top.

45mm case size that wears and looks bigger because of the small bezel and big crown. Very comfortable and looks great on my 6 1/2 inch wrist. I have mixed feelings about this I Force, the hands are almost a deal breaker but I love everything else about the watch, so much so that it has changed my opinion about a few things in watches. In the end I guess I would get the watch again so highly recommended with a caveat as long as you understand what you are getting with the poor contrast of the minute and hour hands.
on February 2, 2013
I love Invicta watches and to be able to purchase them for around $100 is a great deal! They are of excellent quality and I will explain why.
I purchased them a few months back and I absolutely love them and wear them to death. It can be worn up or down depending on your outfit and I gets compliments from everyone.
I was worried that the large face would make it seem too flashy and obnoxious but the sleek elegant and intricate designs of the watch allowed for them to be worn casually and classily(Not a word).

ALSO, this is PERFECT for left-handed people such as myself. It is great to finally have one for the team! +1 bonus points

Body: (4****/5*****)

The face is large and brilliant and so well detailed that it is quite captivating and looks very sophisticated regardless of the colorway you choose. The quartz body is tough and can take quite a beating (I'm pretty rough with it during work and it is scratchless). As mentioned earlier, the watch is also meant for left handers - Excellent! It is great for wearing out casually or by dressing it up. Whatever you decide, it will work excellently! There are a variety of colorways and styles available by Invicta, all for the same price of $99

Band: (2**/5*****)

This is the only true issue with this watch. The band is a weird mix between leather and cloth and it is very prone to damage. I've had this watch for a 6 months now and the band has started to deteriorate from wear and tear coupled with water touching the band a few times. It has started to shave off and has become quite unsightly. I swapped out the band for a classic leather set and I am very happy. I was a little upset that the original band didn't fair that well but the watch is for a bargain and I don't think the makers were expecting day-to-day wear as I have subjected it to.

Price: (4****/5*****)

$99 is an excellent value for this watch but I highly doubt that the watch is and was worth $695+ some time ago. Clever marketing from Amazon and Invicta.
Still I believe for $99 you are getting a very stylish watch. You can find plenty of watches for UNDER this price but I don't think you will be able to match the level of detail and quality. In terms of overall practicality, this watch doesn't really meet that criteria as the chronograph and other features are primarily there as a simple perk. Still, if you need a simple timer, timeteller, and calender all in a stylish package - this is the watch for you! There is also a provided warranty for a year!

Summary -

+ Price
+ Left-handed
+ Large face
+ Quality construction in that price range
+ Very affordable

- Not many special features, but is mainly for style and quality
- Band is fragile, Suggest swapping out or wearing more carefully.
on February 21, 2013
I am an avid watch user and have roughly 10 or so watches that I alternate between all of which average around $400 retail. I had flirted with getting Invicta watches before but never pulled the trigger on them because they are always "on sale" usually $500+ off the suggested retail price. With that said, I got this watch as a gift and love it. I'm a sucker for the large face watches that have extra dials and what not. It is a very nice looking watch but I wouldn't consider it the same quality as one of my name brand watches. Invicta is a lower end brand that "suggests" their products sell for $800, but then do crazy sales and end up selling them for $100. So don't be shocked by the sale price, it's all a marketing trick to get people to think they are buying a product that is equal in quality to the name brand. Again, this is a very nice watch for the price and I do like it a lot. I would not pay more then $100 though for any Invicta product, other people online will tell you the same thing... All in all, I am happy with the gift!
on July 10, 2013
This a great dress watch, and definitely feels like a quality time-piece. The dial is nice and large, and the white dial is tastefully and elegantly done. Usually white dials are difficult to pull-off and end up looking tacky and cheap. But this watch does it with a lot of class. Of course, it's not a Rolex or a Breitling, but it looks, feels and performs (so far) like a very high-quality dress watch!

That being said, the last watch I bought from Invicta (Amazon) came defective. Invicta never replied to my emails, but Amazon offered to issue a replacement, which I will rate and review once I get it. I don't know if that purchase was an isolated incident, or if Invicta's quality control is always hit-n-miss, but their customer service always leaves a lot to be desired. Even when they do provide service you will have to pay for the shipping both ways. Amazon, on the other hand, was rather prompt with their response. Also, like I said, the second watch has performed flawlessly up until now!
on March 15, 2012
I just had to have this watch after reading about its "defects". I have too many watches according to my wife and count several Invicta's among them.
This is a large, beautiful watch and I would have to say that it is the most comfortable large watch that I own, having displaced a Citizen diver from that position. Despite the large size, and I have several larger watches, it is extremely light. I really like the "lefty" style which allows me to wear the watch without the crown digging into my wrist. I have a significantly larger Russian Diver which I don't wear very often due to that problem.
The band is great and I really like the fabric over leather which makes the band much more flexible.
The face of the watch is very clean and, though their is a lack of contrast with the white face and hands it is not as much of a problem to me as others have expressed.
The lume is very poor as on all Invicta's, and this is the only reason I gave it 4 stars.
on May 16, 2013
I saw this watch last weekend on a friend, and couldn't believe when Amazon had such a great price. It is large, but it fits just right with the leather band. It really is noticed, and all that see it want it. I've ordered 2 more Invicta watches today, both are Reserve models. If those have the same quality as this one, I'll be very happy.

One item to note, the dials are white & hard to see if you use reading glasses. It is easy to see at night, but daytime is difficult.

It is a great evening dress watch, simple, but commanding, it makes a statement w/o really trying. You don't need to point it out, everyone will notice & comment.
on January 13, 2013
The watch does not work, I'm in Colombia, is difficult and expensive to return it, I have to fix it on my own.
on November 14, 2013
This watch isn’t for everyone. What I mean by this is if you have a small wrist this thing will look ridiculous on you. To give you some background, I’m 6’3’’ broad shouldered pretty big guy. The watch looks good on my wrist. My roommate who’s about 5’8’’ the watch looked ridiculous on him, it was way to big for his wrist.

This is my first white-faced watch and I have fallen in love with it I wear it almost every day. The band is cloth and others have complained about it, but I like it. I have gotten more complements wearing this watch then when I wear a Rolex that was passed down to me by my father.

Its nice enough to wear everyday at work and out at night. I would highly suggest this watch to anyone that wants something that’s going to turn heads and not empty your pocket at the same time.

See 1 answered question