5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My...
Published on January 4, 2012 by Karen Joan

3.0 out of 5 stars THIS A BIG WATCH
SOME GUY WANT THIS WATCH WHEN HE SAW IT ONLINE SO I BUY IT FOR HIM THEN WHEN I GIVE IT TO HIM IT LOOK REALLY BAD ON HIS SMALL HAND AND THEN ME I JUST DIDN'T WANT IT SO I GIVE IT TO MY BROTHER BTW IT IS GREAT LOOKING WATCH BUT I DON'T LIKE IN GOLD
Published 13 months ago by Arion A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My..., January 4, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1516 I Force Collection 18k Gold Ion-Plated Stainless Steel and... (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The worst thing about the gorgeous INVICTA MEN'S 1516 I FORCE COLLECTION CHRONOGRAPH STRAP WATCH is that my husband's friends keep asking him if he's compensating for something. Have you seen this watch? It's HUGE. But that's one of the pluses since I can read it on his wrist. After I gave it to him, he asked, "Why did you get me a left-handed watch?" I stammered out some nonsensical sounds and realized that the watch really is left-handed. After some research, I discovered that while most watches are designed for right-handed users, there are some designed for lefties and those usually come from the higher-end companies. No matter, he still wears it on his left hand, as usual, and the stem just points at his elbow instead of digging into his wrist. Since he doesn't have to wind it, it really only matters when he has to reset the time, which is almost never.

Apart from that peccadillo, he tells me that the INVICTA MEN'S 1516 I FORCE COLLECTION CHRONOGRAPH STRAP WATCH is comfortable, quiet, and accurate. The band is leather on the bottom and cloth on top. But again, the watch itself is large, in part because it can be used underwater.

If you've got a man in your life who wears watches, I'd highly recommend the INVICTA MEN'S 1516 I FORCE COLLECTION CHRONOGRAPH STRAP WATCH. It makes a fabulous gift, is easy to read, and is just beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Luxurious, December 24, 2011
MyBeesWax "A Music Fan" (The Heart of the Golden State) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The fairly large Invicta Men's 1516 Watch is all at once attractive, imposing, jaunty, snazzy, and elegant. The gold tone and indigo colors add an unmistakable flair for making it eye-catching. The styling and colors are very much reminiscent of a Swatch watch -- For fans of Swatch watches, this one's a clear winner.

o Dimensions
The watch measures 45 mm (1-3/4 inch) in diameter AND 13 mm (1/2 inch) in thickness. The crown juts out an additional 6 mm from the bezel. The watch is bigger than it appears on the product page, so keep the aforementioned dimensions in mind in deciding whether the watch is appropriately sized for your needs.

o Quality
The quality of this watch is as good as quality comes -- mirror polished one-piece gold ion-plated stainless steel watch case, heavy gauge polyurethane watch strap, scratch-resistant mineral watch face, a prominently-featured precision-machined stainless steel crown, and watertight seal for making the watch water resistant up to 100 m (330 ft).

o Accuracy
Unlike many Invicta watches, this watch has Japanese [quartz] movement (not Swiss movement). My Invicta Men's 1435 Russian Diver with Swiss movement gained 33 seconds in a 3 month period. It will be interesting to see how this watch stacks up (I'll update this review in a couple of months). [Update 3/11/2012: The watch gained 15 seconds from 12/24/2011 (the date this review was written) to 3/11/2012 (the date Daylight Saving Time began).]

o Stop-Watch
The 60-minute, 60-second, and 1/10th-second dials not only keep perfect time, they're a marvel to look at. If you're used to digital stop-watches, as I am, you're in for a treat! However, the stop-watch has a couple of drawbacks:

(1) The smallest of the dials, the minute dial, is a little small and may be a little hard to read for those with less-than-perfect eyesight. The minutes are numbered in 15-minute increments (00, 15, 30, 45) but each number displaces the first two 1-minute graduations following it. For example: 00, 3rd-minute graduation, 4th-minute graduation, 5th-minute graduation (denoted by a longer graduation line). This layout causes some readability issues for the first two minutes following each 00-, 15-, 30-, and 45-minute number.

(2) The hand on the 1/10th-second dial ticks only for the first minute. Thereafter, it stops ticking (at the 00 position) while the watch continues to keep count of the 1/10th seconds elapsed internally. The hand moves into position to display the 1/10th seconds elapsed only when you press the stop (top) button.

o Date Function
I'm not a big fan of the date function on analog watches because they have to be manually adjusted at the end of the month for the months that don't have 31 days. I would have much preferred if the watch displayed the day of the week instead (Invicta has other models, such as the Invicta 6620, that display the day of the week).

o Luminosity
The numerals, hour-hand, minute-hand, stop-watch minute-hand, stop-watch second-hand, and stop-watch 1/10th-second hand are all luminous.

o Left is Right
It would be a glaring omission if I forgot to mention that this watch is designed for lefties, i.e. it is meant to be worn on the right hand. BUT WAIT -- I actually find it advantageous to wear this watch on the LEFT hand instead.

Here's why: wearing the watch on the right hand can cause the oversized crown can repeatedly rub up against the back of your hand every time you bend your wrist backwards, even slightly. I certainly find that to be a problem in the Invicta Russian Diver Watch, which has an even bigger crown. In my case, repeated rubbing of the crown against the back of my hand caused some chafing.

Wearing this watch on the left hand solves the problem. I wear this watch on my left hand and I'm glad the oversized crown on this watch is on the left, not right of the watch.

o Packaging
The watch comes *very* well protected in a yellow faux leather case, which is itself enclosed in a cardboard box. The watch face, the sides and back of the watch, and the crown are all covered with protective wrap. (Here's an idea, use a circle cutter to cut the watch face protector down to size and leave it on to protect the watch face. Alternatively, buy a screen protector and cut that down to size.)

---
The Invicta Men's 1516 Watch has all the makings of a luxury timepiece. It is BEAUTIFUL and the craftsmanship is impeccable. This one's a prime example of one of Invicta's "supremely crafted timepieces at an extreme value." Despite my quibbles about a couple of relatively minor issues, I'm extremely pleased with this watch. In fact, of the 3 Invicta timepieces I own, this one's my favorite (the other 2 Invicta watches I own are the 1435 Russian Diver Watch and the 1911 Specialty Collection Swiss Watch).

4.0 out of 5 stars FLASHY, Simple, Versatile, Excellent Price., February 3, 2013
Jimmy Kim (United States) - See all my reviews
I love Invicta watches and to be able to purchase them for around $100 is a great deal! They are of excellent quality and I will explain why.
I purchased them a few months back and I absolutely love them and wear them to death. It can be worn up or down depending on your outfit and I gets compliments from everyone.
I was worried that the large face would make it seem too flashy and obnoxious but the sleek elegant and intricate designs of the watch allowed for them to be worn casually and classily(Not a word).

ALSO, this is PERFECT for left-handed people such as myself. It is great to finally have one for the team! +1 bonus points

Body: (4****/5*****)

The face is large and brilliant and so well detailed that it is quite captivating and looks very sophisticated regardless of the colorway you choose. The quartz body is tough and can take quite a beating (I'm pretty rough with it during work and it is scratchless). As mentioned earlier, the watch is also meant for left handers - Excellent! It is great for wearing out casually or by dressing it up. Whatever you decide, it will work excellently! There are a variety of colorways and styles available by Invicta, all for the same price of $99.

This model is a little more flashy so wear ACCORDINGLY! Still very versatile though.

Band: (2**/5*****)

This is the only true issue with this watch. The band is a weird material and it is very prone to damage. I've had this watch for a 6 months now and the band has started to deteriorate from wear and tear coupled with water touching the band a few times. It has started to shave off and has become quite unsightly. I swapped out the band for a classic leather set and I am very happy. I was a little upset that the original band didn't fair that well but the watch is for a bargain and I don't think the makers were expecting day-to-day wear as I have subjected it to.

Price: (4****/5*****)

$99 is an excellent value for this watch but I highly doubt that the watch is and was worth $695+ some time ago. Clever marketing from Amazon and Invicta.
Still I believe for $99 you are getting a very stylish watch. You can find plenty of watches for UNDER this price but I don't think you will be able to match the level of detail and quality. In terms of overall practicality, this watch doesn't really meet that criteria as the chronograph and other features are primarily there as a simple perk. Still, if you need a simple timer, timeteller, and calender all in a stylish package - this is the watch for you! There is also a provided warranty for a year!

Summary -

Pros:

+ Price
+ Left-handed
+ Large face
+ Quality construction in that price range
+ Very affordable

Cons:

- Not many special features, but is mainly for style and quality
- Band is a little fragile due to the strange material, Suggest swapping out or wearing more carefully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it although it's so big, February 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This watch has so many things I wanted in a watch. I love the band, I love to have a reliable watch with a quality look. It's a new experience too wearing a watch this big.

I experience people bending their heads to tell the time by looking at my watch. That's because the face is so big that it's possible to tell time from further away than usual.

Nothing I wear, except this watch, tends to get any attention. People notice this watch. I've been asked questions about it by nearly everyone I sit down with at meetings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality !, April 12, 2014
Bought this watch because i have a larger wrist. It is elegant for a night on the town but still subtle enough to be an everyday wear. I like it a lot !

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Watch at a Great Price, December 15, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Invicta Men's 1516 Force collection chronograph watch is the kind of watch you would expect from a Swiss-made watch. It is a great timepiece for the money, has a great look and is sure to be a hit with any sport-minded men on your giftlist! The face/profile of this timepiece is rather large, being more than 2 inches in diameter. For some, it would seem just a bit overwhelming. My son felt rather self-conscious about the size of this unit at first and was worried it was too big. He did get used to the size and absolutely loves it. The stopwatch function is great for timing both on the field of sport, and on the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
Love,love ,the best INVICTA

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect watcsh for the price..., July 8, 2014
Perfect watch for the Price and it's so beautiful... the blue color is so elegant

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 2, 2014