4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch - weird band
Published on January 5, 2012 by Victor Von

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks nice, but quality of strap poor.
This watch is very nice, but the strap is of a very poor quality. Shame to ruin a something that could be a nice piece by saving in the wrong places. Personally I would have preferred a smaller box and a better strap.
Published 13 months ago by Kari St. Luthersson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch - weird band, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1517 I "Force" Collection Stainless Steel and Cloth Strap Watch (Watch)
Like the watch due to the fact it has nice big Arabic numbers. I have half a dozen Invictas so I guess I'm a fan. Black case is sweet and the crown on the left means no more digging into my left wrist! Most of my other Invictas don't have a second hand that runs without pushing a chrono button. This one ticks off the seconds around the face like a regular watch - retro & cool. I would have preferred a white face with the black case, but that option is not available - but then you have to deal with white hands against a white face, and probably black numerals that would be hard to illuminate. I would have liked to seen orange tipped hands as well. (or some contrasting color scheme)

Don't know why they covered a nice leather band with cloth material that make the band look like a child's watch. Someone called it "technofiber".
The crown does not screw down as other diver watches. This worries me so I won't be swimming or showering with it. Maybe some new technology?

Pros:

Easy to read face
Black case and black buckle
Water resistance
Large size
Good looking - gets compliments
Chronograph functions
Crown and pushers on the left
EZ set date
Good luminosity on the dial and hands
Paid less than one Benjamin when it was on sale with no tax or shipping

Cons:

Cloth on top of real leather?
Date window is too tiny for this big of a watch face - could use a magnify window
Crown is NOT screw down, so I won't be diving with this
Try to find a replacement leather strap with a black buckle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality, Beautiful Face, Issues with Band However - Please Read!, February 2, 2013
Jimmy Kim (United States) - See all my reviews
I love Invicta watches and to be able to purchase them for around $100 is a great deal! They are of excellent quality and I will explain why.
I purchased them a few months back and I absolutely love them and wear them to death. It can be worn up or down depending on your outfit and I gets compliments from everyone.
I was worried that the large face would make it seem too flashy and obnoxious but the sleek elegant and intricate designs of the watch allowed for them to be worn casually and classily(Not a word).

ALSO, this is PERFECT for left-handed people such as myself. It is great to finally have one for the team! +1 bonus points

Body: (4****/5*****)

The face is large and brilliant and so well detailed that it is quite captivating and looks very sophisticated regardless of the colorway you choose. The quartz body is tough and can take quite a beating (I'm pretty rough with it during work and it is scratchless). As mentioned earlier, the watch is also meant for left handers - Excellent! It is great for wearing out casually or by dressing it up. Whatever you decide, it will work excellently! There are a variety of colorways and styles available by Invicta, all for the same price of $99

Band: (2**/5*****)

This is the only true issue with this watch. The band is a weird mix between leather and cloth and it is very prone to damage. I've had this watch for a 6 months now and the band has started to deteriorate from wear and tear coupled with water touching the band a few times. It has started to shave off and has become quite unsightly. I swapped out the band for a classic leather set and I am very happy. I was a little upset that the original band didn't fair that well but the watch is for a bargain and I don't think the makers were expecting day-to-day wear as I have subjected it to.

Price: (4****/5*****)

$99 is an excellent value for this watch but I highly doubt that the watch is and was worth $695+ some time ago. Clever marketing from Amazon and Invicta.
Still I believe for $99 you are getting a very stylish watch. You can find plenty of watches for UNDER this price but I don't think you will be able to match the level of detail and quality. In terms of overall practicality, this watch doesn't really meet that criteria as the chronograph and other features are primarily there as a simple perk. Still, if you need a simple timer, timeteller, and calender all in a stylish package - this is the watch for you! There is also a provided warranty for a year!

Summary -

Pros:

+ Price
+ Left-handed
+ Large face
+ Quality construction in that price range
+ Very affordable

Cons:

- Not many special features, but is mainly for style and quality
- Band is fragile, Suggest swapping out or wearing more carefully.

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks nice, but quality of strap poor., March 26, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, March 26, 2013
I'm not a watch aficionado, but this is the nicest watch I have ever had. I like the slightly over-sized design of the watch as well as the design of the watch face. The only slight negative I have is with the watch band. Perhaps it is because I have not worn a watch for several years, and just need time to adjust to the feel or the band needs time to break-in, but the band is a bit uncomfortable. It has gotten more comfortable after wearing it for two weeks, so maybe that is the case.

On a separate note, my experience with Amazon, not the watch, was rather peculiar based on my long history of shopping on Amazon. I have had a great experience with Amazon except for when it came to ordering this watch. My overall product score is not influenced at all by what follows. I'm rating the product not packing quality which has it's own review section.

I had to place two orders for this watch. On the first order, I purchased this watch in NEW condition, but the watch that I received was in obvious USED condition. There was no protective film on the glass of the watch, there was no tag on the watch, there was lint in the crevasses of the watch, and the pins that connect the band to the watch itself, made this weird clicking sound anytime pressure was applied that made it seem as if it was slightly damaged. I was also a bit annoyed when I called Amazon customer support, that I would have to return this order and place a brand new order for it, rather than just doing an exchange.

On the second order, the watch was in NEW condition, but it was by far the poorest packing quality for any item I have ever received directly from Amazon. The box was roughly 2.5 times too big for the watch box and there was absolutely no packing material/protection in the shipping box. The watch box was just loosely floating around in the shipping box. Fortunately, the watch was undamaged. F- for packing quality. Absolutely no care was taken by who ever packed this.

This was an extremely atypical experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Big, December 20, 2011
This watch is very Big. It was just what I had expected and even more. Like the idea that you can change the date with out moving the hour hand ahead 24 hours for each day. At $96.00 during the special time it was a very good price as I saw it at Kohl's for $140.00. Update: After a week the watch began to lose three minutes a day. Had to return it to Amazon. The good thing is Amazon works with you and I had a refund in three days after mailing it back..................

1.0 out of 5 stars problem, May 9, 2013
the watch is very nice but it does not work properly. it stops all time. i am unsure about returning it because of reviews in forum for invicta service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch review, March 28, 2013
Received the watch very quickly with no extra charges. Very pleased with the watch.I can wear it every day any where>
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta watch, March 21, 2013
Watch turned out to look as good in person as in pictures. Was worried about the band, but actually looks and feels really good. Very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Great for the Reduced Price, March 19, 2013
I thought the offer was not real. When I finally received the product it was much beyond my expectation. The product arrived in good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice chronograph, March 15, 2013
It is what I want, a very nice chronograph, easy to read and to use.
It's a little heavy but it looks terrific

ARRAY(0xa5ac7870)