5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch
This Invicta watch is really nice. It has a large face and I can even tell time with it, without putting on my glasses. The rubber band is sturdy and comfortable, and fits large and small wrists. The watch is completely quiet and keeps perfect time. Even though the watch is large and heavy it is comfortable to wear and looks very stylish.

It really is water...
Published on December 24, 2011 by Mike Wallace

3.0 out of 5 stars nice watch but WAY to big
This was a very nice watch that I had to return due to its size. I have a fairly small wrist and this thing was really huge both in diameter and width. It would be great for a large person.
Published on January 18, 2012 by S. Horton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, December 24, 2011
Mike Wallace (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Invicta Men's 1808 Specialty Collection Multi-Function with Polyurethane Strap (Watch)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

It really is water resistant and doesn't steam up the way cheaper water resistant watches do. The crystal is flat and isn't prone to scratches during casual wear. The adjustable divers bezel is a nice touch and I love the look and function of the inner dials. The brushed and polished stainless steel case is very sharp looking, and the black dial with the silver and white hands and hour markers look beautiful. This is the perfect watch for dress or casual. I really like it.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice watch but WAY to big, January 18, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars People will notice this watch on your wrist!, December 22, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let me say at the outset that I have never been one to get too fancy with watches. I lead an active lifestyle, and I don't buy expensive watches because I would ruin them. I also don't like a watch that reminds me all the time that it is hanging on my left wrist. Now that you know where I am coming from, I will say that I like this watch very much. Although it is kind of bulky, both the watch itself and the rubber wristband that comes with it, it is not all that heavy and it is comfortable to wear. The button (crown) used to adjust the time, day of week, and day of month is kind of built into the watch so it won't jab me while I wear it. Other watches I have had in the past that are all metal tended to jab my hand at the crown.

The picture displayed on the Amazon profile for this watch does not appear 100% accurate to me. The watch when I look at the real deal appears larger than the one in the picture. Also, the minutes dial that acts as a frame around the face of the watch is less pronounced on the actual watch compared to what the picture indicates.

There is no seconds hand that circles the main face of the watch. Instead, there is a small seconds hand in the lower of the three circles inside the face of the watch. The upper left circle displays the day of the week, and the upper right circle displays the day of the month. I found the watch to be very easy to set.

I will continue to use my cheapy digital Casio for my sports activities, but I suspect I will start wearing this watch when I am out and about in street clothes. The watch packaging materials included an offer for an extended warranty program. And there was a suggestion that the watch should be taken to a watch repairman every year for a tuneup. I hope my watch won't need a tuneup in a year, because I can guarantee you that I won't be getting one. 4 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch,... Mostly, February 14, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This model 1808 was my second Invicta watch so I'll be comparing this one to my previously selected and reviewed Invicta Men's Model 0832 Force Contender GMT Black Polyurethane Strap Watch.

First of all, this model 1808 is considerably lighter and thinner than my previous model 0832, and it also lacks the 0832's several sharp projections. Thus, wearing this watch did NOT hurt, not ever, and I can recommend it over the 0832 to others like me who earn (or used to earn) their living sitting down in front of a keyboard and lack the desire to embark upon the necessary exercise program in order to "man up" sufficiently to wear the 0832 without pain. On the other hand if you actually perform manual labor for a living, this probably won't matter to you. As a consequence, the 1808 is considerably less likely to stop a charging rhino than the 0832, but that assumes that you could throw or slingshot either one of them with sufficient accuracy to get the job done.

Unlike the 0832, the 1808 has a unidirectional (counterclockwise) bezel and three subdials. The bottom one is the second hand, the left one shows days of the week, and the right one shows date. This last one I found considerably inferior to a date window like that in the 0832 for checking the date because only three numbers are marked on it: 10, 20, and 31. For any other date you shall have to count marks, and if like mine your eyes are aging, this will be even more of a pain. The 1808 also lacks a 24 hour hand like the 0832 has, which along with the date subdial, means that setting the 1808 to the correct morning or evening time after a short month or a power down is going to be harder than it should be. On the other hand a better marked dial makes it easier to set the 1808 accurately to the next upcoming minute than the 0832, which may require you to set the minute hand four minutes ahead of current time in order to be set accurately.

In short both watches are "OK", but neither would be my first choice for reasons beyond lacking an automatically time setting atomic movement that I've come to prefer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great looking watch from Invicta..., December 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my second Invicta Men's watch from the Specialty Collection and both are good looking and feel great, seem well worth the street price (not the MSRP)

This model 1808 is a Japanese quarts movement, can't say it's better than the Swiss movement of my other Invicta, but looking around the Internet, most people can't say one or the other is better these days.

All the watches in this Specialty Collection seem to be a large watch, this one is 1 3/4" across and 15/32" thick, weighing in at 3.6 oz. It will get attention for sure and most likely compliments as well.

The three inner faces show day, date and seconds. The best feature of these is that the crown has two positions so that you can adjust the time pulled out two clicks, or set the date pulled out one click, BUT the best thing is that you can set the date quickly forward and back right to the number you want, no need to go through a whole routine to get to the proper date setting.

The bad part is that you can not read the date on the small date dial at a glance, and in fact even if you get up close it still takes too long to read it properly if not on one of the actual numbers which are only at 31 , 10 & 20

Waterproof Polyurethane band is long enough for the largest of wrists, but still adjusts down to average sizes. It has two strap hoops so you don't have lots of strap hanging free if you draw it up to your wrist.
Band is about 7/8" wide and almost 11" long end to end including the case... Up to 2 7/8" wrist size at large adjustment and down to 2 1/4" wrist size.
Fits me on the third adjustment hole out from case, 2 1/2" wrist size (I'm 6' 180lbs) Of course you can always buy another band if you wanted/needed to.

Some owners have mentioned a bad smell associated with Invicta watches and seem to say it's the band, but I do believe what I smell is the heavy ink used in their bright yellow box and not the watch itself... I've noticed the same attention getting aroma with other products with heavy ink printing on the package etc.

I'm liking my Invicta watches, good looking and affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, February 1, 2012
This watch is very fashionable and durable at the same time. I work in a occupation that is very physical so it was important to get a durable watch...this watch was perfect. I love this watch!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective Watch or Defective Owner?, January 4, 2012
I purcahsed this watch as a Deal of the Day. It arrived in a timely fashion, looks very nice, and I particularly love the strap.

My problem with the watch is that I can't, for the life of me, get it to set properly. I can set the time. I can set the date. I can't set the day. The watch won't change the day at midnight, but waits until 3 in the morning OR (after resetting again, 3 in the afternoon. I can't really call this active time-keeping, but I also have to wonder, if I'm just doing something wrong.

If any of you who loved the watch have some idea that I'm not setting it correctly, I'd love to hear.

Otherwise, if I can't get it to keep the day properly, I'll be returning it this weekend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain and dependable, November 26, 2013
This watch was a pleasent surprise. For the price, I wasn't expecting much but I've used this watch to snorkle with and it has held up very well even in Atlantic Ocean conditions. I also wear it for informal social occasions. Wouldn't hesitate to purchase another if the need arises. You can never have too many good watches.

1.0 out of 5 stars check b 4 packing, June 5, 2012
the watch was very nice what i didnt expect was them being careless and not checking to see the latch on watch was defective

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, May 2, 2012
Love this 1808 Invicta.... Big tough beauty!
Also liking the luminosity.. In those early hours.
It's a thumbs up. High end expensive look for a great price.. And in vogue.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›