Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Invicta Men's 1931 Sea Spider Chronograph Black Dial Black Polyurethane Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 10, 2015
I ordered this and returned it after receiving... No complaints with the seller or delivery, both prompt and professional.

Nice looking watch in the pictures and even on opening the box. However, the polished, bright gold accents make it look very cheap, almost fake, on the sides (which are very tall and moulded into 3 x rectangular panels each side - see images). A curved, single panel side may have reduced the cheap look on reflection, even a brushed gold finish, that would've worked.

The watch itself is well built however, but if buying again I would opt for the stainless steel version which offers a nice contrast and classy look and excellent built quality also. At this price, perhaps it's unfair criticism but that's what I felt on opening the box, especially after looking at it on the sales page.

I have since returned this watch and purchased the Invicta Seaspider 10249. Ironically, that doesn't look spectacular on the sales page (the face looks flat but actually has a lovely sheen off it) but if you look up review videos on Youtube it looks beautiful in those, so I took a chance on it. The watch really is stunning, lovely contrast (and not too much rose gold) between the polish & brushed steel panels and the rose gold on top.

It's all a matter of taste... If you like lots of gold (which I thought I would) this watch is very well built. If you want something which looks classy at all times, I'm just not sure this ticks all the boxes with the large gold-plated sides making it feel a little cheaper than it probably deserves.

At the end of the day, Amazon offers free returns on most of these watches and I feel you really need to see them on your own wrist to make the right decision. This didn't work out for me, but the Invicta 10249 really did.

I attach a picture of both watches I purchased in case that helps...
review image review image review image review image
on June 10, 2014
It looks good in the photo and it's gotten a lot of good reviews. Plus, I wanted a large, heavy watch. This looked promising, so I ordered it.

I was immediately disappointed by the look of the thing when I put it on. I'm sure it would look great over a wet suit, but it didn't look good on me in any of my regular clothes. I don't dive and I haven't canoed or kayaked or water skied in years, so now I've admitted to myself that I don't need this watch. Which is good since I don't like the way it looks anyway.

One of the other reviewers described it as elegant. We must have a different opinion on the definition of that word as this watch is not elegant. It is what it is: A large, somewhat pretentious looking, sport-chronograph watch.

Great in the photo, disappointing in person, I gave it 3 stars because I don't like it, but that doesn't mean that you won't. My review is based on my personal opinion regarding it's looks, not how it functions. I didn't own it long enough to comment on that.
on June 15, 2012
Came in a bright yellow Invicta box wrapped in protective plastic. Had certificate of authenticity, instructions and even the original price attached to the watch. Only thing I'm upset about is that I have to go and get it sized before I can actually wear it. I can already tell you, that you will get compliments so get ready to funnel those Oooh and Aaahs! My wife wanted to get me a nice designer watch and wanted me to pick it out. After searching Rolex, Casio, Seiko, Movado, Michael Kors, and others. I kept coming back to this one. You really can't beat the price for such a nice looking watch.
on March 15, 2012
The bend in the wrist band is a poor design and causes UNCOMFORTABLE wear regardless of loose fitting or tight fitting adjustment. It is also very CHEEZY (Cheap) looking out of the box. Returned for credit!
on March 7, 2014
This is my 5th Invicta watch and it never fails, these watches are cool. This particular watch is very nice and I am getting compliments on it already. The Gold contrasts with the satin black wrist band and it is awesome. Easy to remove links for sizing, just have two small screwdrivers handy to remove pins (Do Not Hammer out pins).
on April 12, 2014
This is my 3rd Invicta watch. The 1st one, although beautiful, was too heavy for me to wear on a regular basis. This one is much lighter and very well made. Once I got used to the large size of these watches I wouldn't own any other kind. This is a lot of watch for the money.
on April 11, 2015
This watch is AMAZING! Its elegant, slick and looks so fancy. It matches almost most of my outfits and people started giving me compliments and even asked me to sell it for x3 its price!
Its size is pretty nice, not too heavy and not too light. This watch is one of a kind specially for its price and the delivery time didn't take too long.
I would give it 11/10 and recommend it to anyone!
on June 10, 2013
I purchased The Sea Spider 1931 for roughly $120. The watch is heavy due to its total size but surprisingly light for how large it looks.

The rubber band is light and feels nice on the wrist (no pinched skin or hairs) which adds to the comfort of the watch. If you wear shirts with tight fitting cuffs, the thickness of the watch can be a serious issue but for most enthusiasts, after a few days wearing the watch, you become quite accustomed to its bulk.

The time keeping of the watch has been superb and in-line with other watches of similar value. This is the largest watch I own and had been nervous about being encumbered by it but have not found this to be the case.

The matte black prevents the watch from being too gaudy and flashy but it certainly draws the eye. The discerning observer is sure to offer compliments!

In summation, this is a wonderful watch that brings me pleasure every day I wear it. I am impressed with Invicta and will be purchasing more of their watches in the future. I am highly satisfied with the quality of the product that I received for the money. Great deal on a great watch.
on April 2, 2012
I bought this as a birthday gift for my boyfriend and he loves it. Loves it so much that he recently went online and bought another Invicta Watch with a blue face. It is a very large watch, even bigger than it appears in the photos. I recommend taking it to a fine jewelry store to have links removed if the watch is too big. Beautiful watch and should last a long time.
on December 20, 2012
I saw this wristwatch on a client hand and i fall in love with.. and immediately i ran to my system to check on Amazon store.. Behold i got exactly the same..
I'm a reseller on invicta products .. I love this watch..