Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Color: Black/Gunmetal|Change

on March 6, 2012
First of all this watch is big! However it is comfortable. The quality seems about right for the price.

Pros: price, style, size, looks expensive

Cons: clasp seems a bit cheap

1 week update: I love it and people keep saying how much they like it. Not to mention people assume its an expensive watch.

2 week update: I had to downgrade my review from 4 to 3 stars. The watch no longer keeps good time. It falls behind 5 minutes each day. Could be the battery. Easy "warranty" item to fix however the manuf. wants $28 for S&H. I have to pay 1/4 of what I bought the watch for in the first place to fix a warranty related item? That doesn't seem right.
VINE VOICEon March 7, 2012
The Invicta Men's 1933 Sea Spider Chronograph black dial black polyurethane watch is my third Invicta watch. I picked this one up on a Gold Box offer and, boy, am I glad I did. I really love this watch.

Like all Invicta watches, the 1933 Sea Spider arrives well-packaged in a hard yellow Invicta box. The instructions provided are thorough and easy to follow. The watch face, back, and band clasp are protected with plastic film to prevent marring from shipment.

Upon holding the watch it becomes immediately apparent that you are holding a piece of jewelry that was built with quality (unlike a similarly priced Stuhrling watch I recently purchased). I have owned very expensive $500-600 Seiko watches in years past, and this watch feels like it is built with the same level of quality. The watch is very solid, and the case and button controls feel well-made. Like most all Invicta watches the styling of the Sea Spider is very stylish. It looks far better in person than it does in the photo shown on the product page. This is a very handsome watch by any standards. The size of the watch face is big but not overly so. The hour and minute hands are easily seen and, along with the hour markings, light up in the dark very well. In fact, I wore the watch for only a couple of hours before going to bed last night and was amazed to see the markings were still slightly luminous when I got up this morning. Very impressive. There are three smaller dials for the chronometer stopwatch functions. While I have no particular use for them the stopwatch functions seem to work just fine on my watch. There is a calendar window which is handy. The watch has a Japanese quartz movement (many seem to think these are more accurate than Swiss movements) and it appears to be quite accurate. Invicta claims this watch is water resistant to 100 meters.

The band on this watch is very big - unless you have wrists the size of a wrestler you will surely need to adjust the size of the band to fit your wrist (I am a large man and still had to remove 4 links to make it fit my wrist properly). Ordinarily I am not a fan of rubber watch bands, but it just seems to be the right material for this particular watch. The band is made of rubber links that gives it much more flexibility than most rubber watch bands have. The width is perfect for the size of this watch, and the metal screws and clasp give it a classy appearance. The only drawback to this band is the tiny screws that are used for the individual links. It requires two small jeweler screwdrivers to remove the screws for band adjustment, which is awkward and a real pain to do. If you choose to do this yourself, which I did along with a headband magnifier, you need to remove the smaller screws near the clasp end to adjust the band. You also need to be very careful doing so as each long screw in the link mates with a very small screw on the other end. If you're not careful the small screw will push out and can be easily lost. Once it's properly adjusted to fit your wrist, though, the band feels comfortable, and the metal clasp is secure.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the 1933 Sea Spider Chronograph. It is very handsome and stylish, perfect for both leisure and formal wear, and by far my favorite Invicta watch. I recommend it highly.
on November 10, 2015
As for style: I LOVE the look and feel of this watch. I am almost six and a half feet tall and pretty big, so this watch looks right at home on my wrist. I have seen other Invicta watches that are so big, even I would look ridiculous wearing them. That is not the case with this one.
As for functionality: This watch is a let down. It tells time, and that's about it. The chronograph is temperamental. It works well for about 2 minutes, after that the 1/10 second hand stops and starts when it wants to. The date window has worked great so far, but at this price point, I expect a little more. The glow in the dark indicators & hands, are a cool blue color instead of the popular greenish hue, however after wearing it all day outside, it only glows for a couple hours at night indoors.
Conclusion: If you're looking for a watch that is stylish and only tells you the time & date, this is a good buy. However, if you want little extras like a working chronograph, or day indicator. I say pass on this model.
on August 16, 2013
Had this watch for four months and the crown broke. I only used this watch for office wear on weekdays so no tough situations. First, after receiving the watch there is no directions on how to adjust the band. Thankfully, some guy posted a You tube video on how to adjust!

After four months of office-day only wearing the case which has the band attachment built in broke apart. Invicta has quoted My warranty service at 28.00 shipping and handling and a 3 month wait for the repair.

My 12 year-old $60 cascio has been been rock-climbing, snorkeling, swimming, kayaking, you name name it and has only required a replacement watchband and batteries. I sugeest looking at other brands.
on October 29, 2013
Watch filled up with water and Amazone will not exchange the watch as it was over 30 days when it failed. Dont buy the watch or dont wear it in water.
on June 4, 2012
With little resistance the band will let open and you have to catch the watch from falling off. Have check my warranty with INVICTA and it does not cover the craftmans ship of their bands. WOW!!!!!
on November 8, 2013
The watch it self is nice, but the band wont last and its not covered under warranty.
To replace the band, Invicta's price is almost half the price on the watch.
on April 5, 2013
I think it's a nice looking watch, the finishes are excellent, but that's about all the nice things I can say. A did't open it for a few days a couple of days I was out of town. When I did open it I went to adjust the date and time and the stem come completely out of the watch case. I re-inserted the stem and adjusted the time and date. A few hours later I was getting acquainted with the chronograph function and I noticed that the little hands on the tenth of a second and the little second hand didn't come back all the way to zero when I pushed in the lower button. So it looks funny that the little hands are off from straight up. I should return it for warranty work, but it costs $28.00 plus postage. I guess I will call Amazon to see if I can exchange it.
on August 10, 2015
Wasn't sure about the shape.In the pictures it doesn't show.I have found I like it after all. The 5 rating reflects that. I have several invicta watches .The body is different for invicta. Nice watch.
on January 5, 2016
i've wanted the spider for such a long time and finally ordered it. after 2 days the band broke at the hinge wher the pin is located. both plces snapped. very upsetting not sure if i should try again returning for refund 1st
Update : i asked if anyone else had any issues with the rubber link breaking and couldn't find anyone who had so i ordered it again. 1st-Let me say returns were easy and painless and 2nd- i ordered a new one and have had it for abouit a week. when i got the second one the clsap looked nicer and the band seemed thicker.... not sure if there was a knock off or just an old product that sat around but the Sea Spider i just recieved is the watch i had always wanted - i own 6 Invictas and the quality is always top notch i hope this one is as good as it looks as it is my new favorite - if it holds up like it should FIVE Stars!

See 1 answered question