4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Timepiece

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Show w/Questionable Quality Control
Published on January 9, 2009 by 1Sunbum

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Timepiece, November 11, 2008
Michael Hilton (Schenectady, NY United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Invicta Men's 5249W Pro Diver Stainless Steel White Dial Watch (Watch)
I have purchased several Invicta time pieces from Amazon over the past few years. With the exception of my Invicta Pro-Diver Automatic, this has to be the best made and appealing watch I have seen from Invicta. The dial is large and meaty as shown in my photos. The numbers, hands and 12 dot all glow in the dark. This watch was priced at an attractive $49.99 with free 1 day shipping. I ordered it at 5:00pm on 11-10-08 and received it at 2:00pm on the 11th. Not sure if this is an early black friday deal from Amazon or a price typo; however, this watch is well worth the $49.99. I received an email from Invicta. This is actually a 2009 model that is suppose to be released in March; however, Amazon has it now. This is a very attractive price for this watch. Based on Invicta's MSRP, the watch should actually be around $129.00, so the $49.99 is a steal. Nice time piece for yourself and for a gift!!! This was the email I received from Invicta:

Dear Valued Customer
This model is one of the next year models that are selling now.
But we will not have it in our website probably until March next year.
And when the watch is posted in our website it will say the same it says on amazon, because that is the info that we gave to them

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, basic watch, November 13, 2008
Andy B (Tigard, OR USA) - See all my reviews
For the price, I think this is a nice watch. It's pretty large, which is the fashion these days, and the white face, black hands, and large numbers make it easy to read. I also like the day-of-the-week window at 12 o'clock.
Build quality is pretty good; although both the bracelet/clasp and tachymeter dial feel slightly cheaper than the two other Invictas that I own, they're certainly far better than most watches you'd find at this price. The watch definitely looks and feels more expensive than it is. I can't speak to the accuracy as of yet but in my experience the Japanese quartz movement used by Invicta has worked just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, December 18, 2008
Saw the reviews for this watch and was impressed so I bought it. WOW. It is really first class. The great box it arrives in and the elegant timepiece enclosed is extraordinary. It keeps impeccable time, is very easy to read, and looks great.

On top of all this by purchasing it from Amazon, Invicta extends the warranty to 5 years at no additional cost (plus Amazon provides free one-day delivery).

Get this watch. It is a great watch for the $325 list price and a steal for $49.99. You won't be sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Show w/Questionable Quality Control, January 9, 2009
Never had an (quartz) Invicta, it looked good, the price was right and features good. I liked the window with the day of the week at the 12 o'clock position. So, I got it and a couple of others (different models) as a Christmas gift to myself. Looks and finish were what I expected; the finish was OK, but certainly not up (just for comparative purposes) to Heuer, Accutron or even Armitron; e.g., looking at the band closely, it had some roughness along the metal edges inside the clasp area. The description doesn't do the size justice; it's huge. The dial face looked great in the picture but in person I thought it looked kind of cheap. But the big downside for me was the questionable mechanical quality: The instructions state to move the stem to a certain position to adjust the day/date. The day would not adjust no matter what position the stem was in and the date adjustment was sporadic; the date finally changed after several tries to adjust it. This is no "pro" dive watch; it only looks like one. Considering this, and the problems with the other Invictas I bought, I decided the mechanical quality was iffy so I returned it (Amazon's return procedure, and policy, is excellent). Regarding the guarantee: Invicta's $25 fee (to include with repair orders, under the guise of handling/shipping) is absurd; should be $10, maybe $15 at most. Subjectively, one thing Invicta might do is to go easier on the packaging (very wasteful, but they're not the only ones guilty of it) and put the saved money into better quality control. I've bought 4 Invictas from Amazon and 3 were faulty. After these experiences, I would not have an Invicta again.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, August 17, 2009
After I bought this, I read a review with essentially the same problem. The second hand will tick forward, then back, then forward two then back one. Over a 24 hr period it shows a couple of hours passing. I really wanted this watch because it is all stainless, unlike some watches which have only the band, or maybe the back also in stainless. I can't return it because I threw away all the paperwork, never conceiving of it not working. I have never seen a brand new watch not work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disapointedI, February 13, 2009
I bought this Invicta Men's Pro Diver Stainless Steel Watch #5249 watch in november.It started to run slow one mounth later.Thinking it was the battery I fitted a new one.Since then the second hand has come loose and the watch has stoped.I find myself very disapointed with this item. and would never buy another watch from Invicta.

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice watch, a horrible band, May 24, 2009
This watch looks amazing, and to me better than Invitcas other sub 100 dollar "dive" watches. That being said however I've had the spring pin that holds the band onto the watch face snap twice in less then a week.

If you wear your watches a little lower on your wrist and put any amount of pressure on them, because of how this watch is designed you put an enormous amount of strain on the spring pin and more often then not it bends itself beyond repair and you have to go buy a new one to replace it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-waterproof diver's watch?, June 22, 2009
Bought 6 months ago. Recently dived all the way down to 8 feet in a pool, apparently beyond the 330 foot limit (perhaps they meant 330 mm?). It now has considerable condensation behind the glass. Also broke the pin holding band to case due to a minor bump. I hardly ever wear this watch! Warranty requires a $25 flat fee! Seems a bit insane for a $50 watch. Another piece of junk off to Goodwill. BTW, it's also rather uncomfortable. Glad I still have my trusty Citizen Eco-Drive divers watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy product, poor customer service, November 14, 2011
Amazon Customer (Round Rock, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch (Invicta Men's 5249W Pro Diver Stainless Steel White Dial Watch) because I admit that it LOOKS GREAT. Until the second hand fell off after about 10 months. I admit I wasn't in a hurry, but I finally went online to see about getting it fixed. I was pleasantly surprised when their website told me I was still warrantied (I was two months past the actual warranty expiration). Since the watch was still warrantied and they even issued me a return authorization, I figured I'd swallow the $28 handling fee. After all, I had only paid $50, so it was still watch was a fairish deal.

Then Invicta contacted me via a form letter saying I'm out of warranty and I need to send another $35. I contacted them by email and asked for my money and the watch back. They said they can refund the money if I give them a credit card that they can credit. I didn't do this, and was so mad I could spit. I certainly am not going to trust them with a credit card at this point. It's now been three weeks since the last email, and I haven't seen the watch or heard anything further from Invicta. As near as I can figure, I'm out a watch and the $28 fee. Best I can do now is to warn folk, soooooo....

Please, don't buy the pretty bauble - save yourself the trouble.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, July 14, 2011
I have had my watch for about a month now and it has filled with condensation and has stopped keeping accurate time. It claims to water resistant to 330 feet ( I have not taken this watch diving). So much water has accumulated that when it evaporated it left water marks on the face of the watch. After contacting Invicta about their warranty service they said it is $28 for shipping and handling because they send the watch out of the country and it can take up to 3 months to get it back. It is a good looking watch but whats the point if it does not work. Very disappointed about the quality of this watch!!