5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch & Purchase
Published on August 10, 2010 by BrianK

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, WORTHLESS Band
Got Watch as Christmas gift. I absolutely love the Watch and everything about it...except....the Band. I have only worn it for two weeks and the band has come apart at least 4 times. I am thoroughly disappointed.

UPDATE January 27th:

Published on January 5, 2011 by RSWMTB

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch & Purchase, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Invicta Men's 6546 Subaqua Noma IV Collection Chronograph Two-Tone Watch (Watch)
This is one fantastic watch. I have been looking for a nicer and more sophisticated watch for about 6 months. After watching several "watch" shows on TV I was convinced that the Invicta brand was the way to go. After reading 100's of reviews and soliciting opinions from many retailers to jewelers I am convinced of the high quality of the product line. The quality that it exudes combined with the manly look I wanted to portray is uncompromising.

I selected this particular model because it was new to the line and it had the features I wanted in a watch. It is a fairly simple chronograph that is easy to operate if I so desire. After receiving the watch I had it set accurately in less than 3 minutes and this is after never owning such a sophisticated watch before. The face is on the busier side but not difficult to read. Even the chronograph dials are uncomplicated and can be read without straining.

This watch is not for the timid though. It is massive in size and weight. I was very surprised when I opened the box for the first time. It exudes not only quality with its articulate features but a sense of ruggedness because of its sheer size. I bought it for its beauty but if I were to wear it diving (which I do) it would serve this purpose well. I am a fairly stout person with much larger than normal hands, wrists and forearms so this watch "fits" me very well. In the week that I have worn this watch I have received no less than 4 very positive comments on how well this watch compliments my stature. The only two cautions I have to any would be purchasers are you don't allow your arm to swing wildly about as if you catch someone just right you will do some damage and be prepared to graciously accept many, many compliments.

I am not a watch collector but I would be very willing to purchase and own a couple more of the Invicta Subaqua Noma IV watches so I would have one for any occasion. I also had no problems purchasing this watch through Amazon and had it in my hands in just 2 business days. They also had the best price I could find beating other retailers from $75 to $750 dollars on the same model.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, WORTHLESS Band, January 5, 2011

UPDATE January 27th:

I spoke with the crew at Invitca, and although this is a brand new watch and I am a brand new Invicta customer (I own tons of watches; this is my first [and maybe last] Invicta), the lady on the phone was bordering on rude, and explained that even though it's only a problem with the (substandard and worthless) band, "we will have your watch for at least 90 days", and I WAS EXPECTED TO PAY THE $28 shipping! Way to go Invicta...as Clark Howard says: "Customer No-Service"

5.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Men's 6546 Subaqua Noma IV Collection Chronograph Two-Tone Watch, May 1, 2012
This is by far one of the best watches I have ever purchased. Not only does the watch look great, but it keeps excellent time. I have had many favorable comments about the watch and several of my friends have asked me to sell it to them right now.

This watch is by no means for the guy that doesn't want a big hunk of metal on his wrist. It is heavy (2 pounds), but after wearing it for a few days, you don't really notice it. (You might want to buy a second one for your other wrist so you can build your forearms equally). I took it diving the first week after I got it and there were no leaks and I was able to read the dial quite easily while submerged.

If you are looking for a manly watch that delivers on all the promises made in the advertisement, looks good on you, and is reasonably priced, then this is the watch for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fell Apart, February 2, 2011
Chris G! (Germany for now) - See all my reviews
A very stylish and impressive watch perhaps a little on the large side. Ten minutes out of the box a pin came out of the band. I have to take it to a jeweler to remove a link anyways, maybe they can permanently repair the band. If not I will be looking for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars sub aqua noma 4, November 14, 2011
Have had this watch now going on a year got it for a steal of a deal at j c penny for under three hundred dollars . Actually wanted this watch in the automatic version but didnt have the funds so when i saw how i could get this watch for such a affordable price could not resist . First let me say i have three versions of the sub aqua series i have the sub 2 chrono automatic , the sub three 3 hand automatic and now i have this one . They keep getting bigger and bigger and this one without a doubt is massive especially in the thickness of the watch. The design of this watch is flawless , i would definately say that the sub aqua noma series or line is invicta best as far as construction and rugged design . I normally go for swiss made automatics but this quartz watch is one of my favorite invita watches i own . The movement is amazing for a quartz the face is one of the most detailed designs i have seen on a watch , the crown and crown protector are extremely cool design . The bracelet is one of the nicest bracelets i have seen on a watch its strong thick and wide to balance the weight of the watch . Speaking of weight this watch is very very heavy watch . I said they keep getting bigger well this watch is even heavier than the sub aqua 3 as well . If you are looking for a extremely rugged sport watch that is flawless in design dont let this one slide by ad it to your collection . One more thing on this watch in alot of the reviews i have read on the bracelet falling apart because of the pins i have not had this problem at all and thank goodness for that . Get this watch if you can its one of invicta best other than the leviathan series !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch; needs better band pins., March 18, 2011
I truly love this watch and if it was not for the fact that I do my own battery and band adjustments along with having the right tools I would also be unhappy. This and my SAN4 TT Gold have the same pin problem which is fixed by a slight reversed pushing of the pins. With out this procedure the pins do become loose very easily. I would rather have paid a little more money for screw pins or even tighter fraction split pins that go in tighter. Other than this one correctable flaw this is a very nice timepiece that, like a lot of Invictas makes a statement. The weight gives me a good workout...LOL. So far so good and so far very accurate. Namaste'

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have divers wristwatch!, July 5, 2012
I purchased this watch on Jun 11, 2012, and my first words after opening the package, upon receiving, were (with a smile on my face), "oh $h|t!" I'm now an owner of a REAL MANS watch! (the smile stayed on my face for the remainder of the evening!) Of the many diver watches I own, this one by far, stands out unmatched when it comes to looks. For me, it was the choice of the Oris Diver (ORIS PRO DIVER CHRONOGRAPH MENS WATCH 674 7630 71 54), or this watch, and although the Oris measured a 52mm size case diameter, looks alone won me over to purchase this watch.

First up, this is a heavy watch, and will take about 1 week of constant wearing, to get accustomed to the weight.

Second, impressive design all around to include the band, bezel and back casing of the watch.

Third, those who have seen the watch on my wrist automatically think I spent at least 600.00 to over 1,000.00, and are blown away at the final price paid. Many complements of "that's a nice watch," "wow man, great watch," to people just staring at the watch and afterwards, approaching me and giving me good comments on the watch.

Fourth, I'm giving this watch a 4 (4.5 if I could) out of 5 due to the inaccuracy of the pins (in the links) placement in the watches band. I've read from prior comments, that the band came apart, but this may have been due to the pins being place in the reversed direction, on some of the links. I notice this when adjusting the band on my own, and adjusted the links and reversed the pins. On some diver watches, the pins can be complicated (having two mechanisms holding in the pin), but not the case with this watch. One can purchase an 8.00 watch repair kit and correct the problem on your own.

Fifth, have not dived with this watch yet, but mostly wear the watch to the casino, social gatherings and around town, and you will get many looks, not at you, but at the watch!

Finally, I'm willing to over look the inadvertent placement of the pins (whether its operator or mechanical error) since I fixed and adjusted the watch myself, the watch did not come undone since wearing it, and I did not pay a bundle for it. If Invicta would have given attention to the smallest of details, I would have given the rating a 5 instead of an overall 4.5 rating. This is a must have MANS WATCH in your watch collection!
If you have any questions, write your comment. Thanks, Ed-

5.0 out of 5 stars INCREDIBLE WATCH!!!, January 11, 2012
I bought this watch for my husband for Christmas and it's gorgeous! He gets so many compliments on it! Keep in mind, it is a very big watch and very heavy - not for sissies! People joke he's going to throw out his back wearing it. Very masculine and beautifully detailed! This is his second Invicta and they are great watches! Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sub Aqua "Incredible", January 5, 2012
Wife bought this 'bad boy' for me as a Christmas gift. This monster is incredible. Promptly took it to the beach, and it looks even better under 30 feet of sea water. The watch is solid as a rock and had not left my arm since. Whatever she paid for it, is definitely worth it. The watch exudes quality, and if you are the kind of guy who wants a manly watch this is the statement of watches. Fully satisfied with this great timepiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars TOTALLY AWESOME!!, March 25, 2011
I just got my Subaqua Noma today. I couldn't believe it when I took it out of the box! This thing is a real BEAST! A real badass watch in my opinion. I love the details on the face as well as the case and band! Of course I have to have this sized cause the existing band size could fit a dude who's 8 feet tall. I own many upscale watches and I'm a fan of automatics, but this is definately cool for a quartz. Highly recommend this watch!!

Rate and Discover Movies